What obscure historical figure would you like to see a movie made about?

He's not obscure at all, but there has never been a major Hollywood movie about perhaps the greatest man of the past 2,000 years, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. I've long thought that Ridley Scott could do it justice, but he's no longer a young man and this would take a few years of intense filming.

He's not obscure at all, but there has never been a major Hollywood movie about perhaps the greatest man of the past 2,000 years, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. I've long thought that Ridley Scott could do it justice, but he's no longer a young man and this would take a few years of intense filming.
I would love to see a movie on Ataturk, and there have been probably hundreds of them made in Turkey.

I would love to see a movie on Ataturk, and there have been probably hundreds of them made in Turkey.
Turkish productions don't show the warts and troubled side of Atatürk, and his heavy Ouzo drinking in later years. Plus, I hate subtitles/dubbing. I want a major Hollywood epic. Three hours.

w
I gotta roll with this woman, what on earth made her the first person to ever do this and live?

who could play "tito?"

on a lighter side, a movie about r buckminster fuller , perhaps featuring his inventions and perhaps offering a glimpse into the future as seen by a visionary.

With there being films about singers in country music both living and deceased, I would love for there to be a film about Trace Adkins. Why him? If he were a cat, he would be on life eight or nine by now due to all that he has lived to talk about. :D :D :D

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of him)

P.S. Since 2019, he has been married to wife #4. He has also been to alcohol rehab twice. His first time was in late 2002. If he is still currently clean, it will be a decade for him next month.

Last edited:
Dan Sickles.

Not a who, but a What...

The Ironclad CSS Arkansas took on an entire Union Fleet of 40 ships alone.

"The greatest naval force in the Western Hemisphere had been scattered by one boat. A boat built in a swamp, with scrap metal, and crewed by a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears (Missouri) volunteers, of whom only 20 now survived. Take away all the hyperbole, and even from the Yankee point of view, it’s still one of the greatest feats in naval history."

What obscure historical figure would you like to see a movie made about?

An extraordinary amount of artistic liberty was taken with regard to the family of Georg Trapp, to become the play and movie The Sound of Music.

Somewhere along the way, I've picked up the impression that much of his earlier life was probably quite extraordinary, and would call for a much more accurate telling. I'm given to understand that Austria regarded him as one of their great heroes of World War I, and that his adventures with the early U-boats were something legendary. I've read conflicting accounts of how he gained his title of nobility, whether he was directly awarded it in recognition of his exploits as a captain in Austria's navy, or whether his father already had the title, for him to inherit.

Unfortunately for Captain Trapp's naval career, Austria came out rather badly in World War I, losing all of its coastal land, and thus was left with no more use for a navy.

William Tecumseh Sherman. The matches guy.

Sherman.jpg

Forum List

Back