What?! No Debate thread?

Perry: You know what's despicable... hanging the bodies of our contractors off bridges.

So, hanging bodies bad, urinating on them not so bad.
Ms. Liberal, young fellas engaged in containing brutal bullies can't be expected to behave themselves like 80-year-old Congress-critters. Yeah, they shoulda been told how naughty they were, but that shoulda been the end of it.

Obama & Co. go on International Television condemning our own soldiers to appease those engaging in a fierce war by proxy against every American citizen everywhere in the world they can get away with it. I don't like it when the Secretary of State gets pissy with our soldiers and kissy with America's brutal detractors.

Perry: You know what's despicable... hanging the bodies of our contractors off bridges.

Ms. Liberal, young fellas engaged in containing brutal bullies can't be expected to behave themselves like 80-year-old Congress-critters. Yeah, they shoulda been told how naughty they were, but that shoulda been the end of it.

Obama & Co. go on International Television condemning our own soldiers to appease those engaging in a fierce war by proxy against every American citizen everywhere in the world they can get away with it. I don't like it when the Secretary of State gets pissy with our soldiers and kissy with America's brutal detractors.

I would say that on the whole they behave much better than "80-year-old Congress-critters." Clinton's response to the issue is tangential to the debate topic (a GOP debate), but I think it's well within her diplomatic purview to comment on it publicly. Still, if the Marines in question are uncomfortable having their actions commented on publicly, perhaps they shouldn't film them.

Those soldiers should be tried publicly. They are a disgrace and violated the Geneva Convention.
They got tired of picking up their fellow soldiers body parts for the last 8 years, LL. Cut them some slack. They haven't had enough time back home, and they've seen harsh things done to their friends and buds, and it's wearing them.

Time to nitpick: Perry said his state (Texas) has the longest border. Alaska's border with Canada is substantially longer, and has certain issues associated with it as well.

Juan Williams asks Paul a good question: are there racial disparities in the justice system and what can we do about it?

Paul's answer to the first part was yes, of course. His answer to the second was "not much". Kind of disappointing.

Gee, that's a question with an indication that it is a forgone fact already. I wouldn't call that a "good question", it's a question designed to claim that something exists and demands an answer for something that has not been proven to exist.

Well, I would say that the literature has demonstrated racial disparities incredibly convincingly. In any case, the question was addressed to Paul, who has already answered that part repeatedly, so I don't think he found that it boxed him in.
Literature isn't proof of existence or we'd all be concerned about Orcs,

Since his O-ness declared war on South Carolina over Boeing. And it's not going to end well for O.

Shithead couldn't run an Airline for 5 minutes without bankrupting it. He really showed his lack of Constitutional Knowledge on that one. The real question there is was it lack of knowledge or utter disdain and disregard.
Well, his O-ness does act like someone from outer space invading the Constitution as if it didn't apply to him sometimes, I think.

My only concern is that his party is not coming down on him to respect the American rule of law in the Constitution, as used to before Clinton brought Euro-worship to Washington.

I think he runs the Country like Italian Cruise Ship Captains, take care of their Passengers.

Showboating and being the first to run for cover. This was at least the 3rd time I can remember Italian crews being the first to run, abandoning the passengers. Disappointing.

Romney acts like he's taking the reins
Wow, Romney just zinged Newt!:
Newt: "Gov. Romney, you should tell that PAC group to stop running that negative ad against me!"
Romney: "Well that would be against Federal Law for me to talk to PACS right?"
Newt: "Uh, yes it is."

Oops! :lol:

I don't agree with urinating on them.
Do you understand the difference between between hanging civilians and killing people that are shooting a gun at you?

Sure. Was there something in my posts that suggested otherwise, or are you just curious?

Your posts do lead to curiosity, must be the partisan content.

I would say that on the whole they behave much better than "80-year-old Congress-critters." Clinton's response to the issue is tangential to the debate topic (a GOP debate), but I think it's well within her diplomatic purview to comment on it publicly. Still, if the Marines in question are uncomfortable having their actions commented on publicly, perhaps they shouldn't film them.
All they know is war. They didn't get finishing school in boot camp, they got blisters, sweaty, filthy, hardened, and all they had were their friends. Some of those friends died in the arms of a bud soldier. They did everything for years for us, so we wouldn't have another 3,000 civilian people die in a burning building or killed in the vicinity of a nuclear generating plant terrorists targeted, or poisoned in some way with Anthrax. They had a bad moment. They've been the slaves of our free speech and the 50,000,000 human beings they freed from Talibani wife-murderers and Saddam Hussein's rape, torture, and kill rooms.

If that doesn't count for something, I don't know what does.

Ron Paul won hands down of course but I have to admit, Perry had me loling so hard at one point I almost fell out of my couch. That guy is comedy gold :bow3:

Whether they filmed it or not, it's still wrong. The bottom line is to prevent it where and when it is happening. We shouldn't be making excuses for bad behavior, or justifying it. Just because the Enemy acts like Animals, is not an excuse for it either. It is a matter of Conscience. Such disregard does have consequences that effect us all.

Gee, that's a question with an indication that it is a forgone fact already. I wouldn't call that a "good question", it's a question designed to claim that something exists and demands an answer for something that has not been proven to exist.

Well, I would say that the literature has demonstrated racial disparities incredibly convincingly. In any case, the question was addressed to Paul, who has already answered that part repeatedly, so I don't think he found that it boxed him in.
Literature isn't proof of existence or we'd all be concerned about Orcs,

I hope that you're being deliberately disingenuous, and that it was in fact clear to you that I was referring to technical literature and not to fiction. The topic deserves a thread in itself, but see eg,

http://www.ussc.gov/Research/Resear...1_Multivariate_Regression_Analysis_Report.pdf

Shithead couldn't run an Airline for 5 minutes without bankrupting it. He really showed his lack of Constitutional Knowledge on that one. The real question there is was it lack of knowledge or utter disdain and disregard.
Well, his O-ness does act like someone from outer space invading the Constitution as if it didn't apply to him sometimes, I think.

My only concern is that his party is not coming down on him to respect the American rule of law in the Constitution, as used to before Clinton brought Euro-worship to Washington.

I think he runs the Country like Italian Cruise Ship Captains, take care of their Passengers.

Showboating and being the first to run for cover. This was at least the 3rd time I can remember Italian crews being the first to run, abandoning the passengers. Disappointing.
Yes, there's a lot of craven going on in the world. I have no use for those who damn our soldiers after running the nation into the pits with the very worst governance in the history of the nation.

We watched for a little while but this bunch has used all their pith and wit. Now they're just sorry and used up. What they need to do is hire new writers. All that really matters is which one has the most money and we already know that.

Just read that a recount shows that Santorum might have won the Iowa caucus. Does anyone care?

As someone else noted, they're fodder for Stewart and Colbert and not much more.

Whether they filmed it or not, it's still wrong. The bottom line is to prevent it where and when it is happening. We shouldn't be making excuses for bad behavior, or justifying it. Just because the Enemy acts like Animals, is not an excuse for it either. It is a matter of Conscience. Such disregard does have consequences that effect us all.

I agree that it was wrong regardless. I don't think that certain responses, such as Clinton's condemnation, would have been appropriate if it hadn't been so widely disseminated through the web video.

If I had to score them:

1. Newt
2. Romney
3. Santorum
4. Perry
5. Paul

But the reality is, there was Newt...and far below was everyone else.

YMMV.

Last edited:

Yes, there's a lot of craven going on in the world. I have no use for those who damn our soldiers after running the nation into the pits with the very worst governance in the history of the nation.

I agree. We need to Guard them and redirect that negative energy, as much for them, as us, and our image. Some mistakes are too easy to make, yet living with them, ends up being too much to bear.

Forum List

Back