What?! No Debate thread?

Is Newt proposing eliminating all federal anti-poverty programs and giving the money to the states? Because in addition to being a logistical nightmare, I can only imagine that this would dramatically reduce anti-poverty spending.

Juan Williams asks Paul a good question: are there racial disparities in the justice system and what can we do about it?

Paul's answer to the first part was yes, of course. His answer to the second was "not much". Kind of disappointing.

Gee, that's a question with an indication that it is a forgone fact already. I wouldn't call that a "good question", it's a question designed to claim that something exists and demands an answer for something that has not been proven to exist.

Is Newt proposing eliminating all federal anti-poverty programs and giving the money to the states? Because in addition to being a logistical nightmare, I can only imagine that this would dramatically reduce anti-poverty spending.

Yes that's what he said, but we're at 15 plus trillion dollars in debt too...We're kind of between a rock and a hard place. Look at Greece to understand what we're heading towards and to make matters worst is the fact no one is big enough to bail us out. The world economy will crash if we go.

Last edited:
Wow. They're showing their viewer-generated answer/dodge statistics. Romney for the first time ever indicates that he will release his tax returns, and this is rated as the biggest dodge of the night? That might be the biggest answer of the night.

Romney handled that well...I agree with Santorum most on corporate tax rates, Perry on personal income tax rates, Newt on social security/entitlements and Romney on tax free personal savings.

Juan Williams asks Paul a good question: are there racial disparities in the justice system and what can we do about it?

Paul's answer to the first part was yes, of course. His answer to the second was "not much". Kind of disappointing.

Gee, that's a question with an indication that it is a forgone fact already. I wouldn't call that a "good question", it's a question designed to claim that something exists and demands an answer for something that has not been proven to exist.

Well, I would say that the literature has demonstrated racial disparities incredibly convincingly. In any case, the question was addressed to Paul, who has already answered that part repeatedly, so I don't think he found that it boxed him in.

"South Carolina is at war with this federal government," Rick Perry.

When did this sort of rhetoric become mainstream (again)?
Since his O-ness declared war on South Carolina over Boeing. And it's not going to end well for O.

Shithead couldn't run an Airline for 5 minutes without bankrupting it. He really showed his lack of Constitutional Knowledge on that one. The real question there is was it lack of knowledge or utter disdain and disregard.
Well, his O-ness does act like someone from outer space invading the Constitution as if it didn't apply to him sometimes, I think.

My only concern is that his party is not coming down on him to respect the American rule of law in the Constitution, as used to before Clinton brought Euro-worship to Washington.

Wow. They're showing their viewer-generated answer/dodge statistics. Romney for the first time ever indicates that he will release his tax returns, and this is rated as the biggest dodge of the night? That might be the biggest answer of the night.

He dodged early on, when approached by other candidates.
In his later statement, that you're referring to, he said "IF he was asked" he would do it.
He WAS asked.
That's the Dodge

He dodged early on, when approached by other candidates.
In his later statement, that you're referring to, he said "IF he was asked" he would do it.
He WAS asked.
That's the Dodge

Well, sure, ideally he would have committed to releasing his tax returns immediately. Still, I thought it was a step in the right direction.

Perry: You know what's despicable... hanging the bodies of our contractors off bridges.

So, hanging bodies bad, urinating on them not so bad.

I don't agree with urinating on them.
Do you understand the difference between between hanging civilians and killing people that are shooting a gun at you?

Perry: You know what's despicable... hanging the bodies of our contractors off bridges.

So, hanging bodies bad, urinating on them not so bad.

I don't agree with urinating on them.
Do you understand the difference between between hanging civilians and killing people that are shooting a gun at you?

Sure. Was there something in my posts that suggested otherwise, or are you just curious?

Forum List

Back