Zone1 What kind of hardass dickhead locked my fire thread in general?

No personal content?
You had a picture of yourself lighting your fire.
The topic of the thread.
Seemed like personal content to me. :dunno:

It was discussed. You need to make a comment and not just a picture. Also the title should not include profanity. You are free to do a new thread with those being met, if we get to see a pic of you without your hat.
What do you think is under the hat, something shiny?

The "user content" in OPs that the existing rules require needs to be "stepped up".. "Get a load of this" -- is no longer sufficient topical content"... Must be 2 lines or more.. The more the better.. Must SUMMARIZE the topic to be discussed and why you think it NEEDS discussion..

• Banned
The "user content" in OPs that the existing rules require needs to be "stepped up".. "Get a load of this" -- is no longer sufficient topical content"... Must be 2 lines or more.. The more the better.. Must SUMMARIZE the topic to be discussed and why you think it NEEDS discussion..
Fuck that nonsense

Meh.

Whether maude action is taken depends on who it is, and what the topical is about, really. Heck, everybody knows that. It's observable.

For instance...

Meh.

Depends on who it is, and what the topical is about, really.

For instance...

It is randomly enforced. It's still the rules. I wish they would be enforced. If I wanted to watch video's I'd go to YouTube.

The forum literally says ANYTHING GOES but my thread is locked because I posted a picture instead of a sentence?

GET A FUCKILG LIFE LOSER MOD
Dear R. M. Have you read the USMB GUIDELINES? The mods here do their best to keep order. It helps when newbies read the guidelines for posting here so you will not get frustrated if you disregard expectations. If you start a thread that is not in the FLAME Zone, there are OP requirements to start a thread that has a start at a website or place from which you learned it. Social threads are a lot simpler, but you may want to ask first rather than get mad first to make sure you're doing the expectations for a thread that you open yourself.

here's a handy link if you don't know where the USMB posting guidelines are: USMB Rules and Guidelines

Please review it, before you start throwing stuff at the mods. They made this place a good place to talk in politics and there are mods on both sides with opinions. I saw a Mod contact thread, I need to go back and find it for you if that would help, considering they're good to answer questions and even help you with a computer issue related to this board.

I hope you will read the guidelines and do your best to start a thread in a way everyone else has to. Best wishes to you and all newbies who may be frustrated with not knowing the guidelines for posting that keeps some sanity in the political world. It's so quick to fall into a circus if people start a thread that doesn'f follow what the rest of us have come to expect. Every once in a while I forget something, and I have had posts erased when I somehow forgot to say to others where more background information is obtainable so they will have an idea of what the issue is, who started it, if there was police or Congressional issues and whose idea it may have been in the first place.

List of Moderators are here: List of Active USMB Mod Staff

Please be civil. All of them work very hard to make this the best Board on the Web, and I thank God for them frequently when they help someone out.

The forum literally says ANYTHING GOES but my thread is locked because I posted a picture instead of a sentence?

GET A FUCKILG LIFE LOSER MOD
Looking into it. Chill out for a bit, would ya?

Keep in mind this area is Zone 1. Please watch the language and remember to be kind to others.

It is randomly enforced. It's still the rules.
Yes, them's the rules. But I would say selectively rather than randomly.

Depends on who's on the clock, I suppose.

Cusses in thread topics are a definite naw naw, though. That's pretty much a given that a thread's gonna be tossed in the hole.

The user content rule is mauded selectively, though, there's no doubt about that. As I said, though, just depends on who's on the clock and whether the active maude personally finds the copypasta which often follows the one-liner to serve as confirmation of their own personal views or not. Not much we can do as end users. Human nature is human nature.

Last edited:
Yes, them's the rules. But I would say selectively rather than randomly.

Depends on who's on the clock, I suppose.

Cusses in thread topics are a definite naw naw, though. That's pretty much a given that a thread's gonna be tossed in the hole.

I was told that wasn't enforced so................................

Meh.

Whether maude action is taken depends on who it is, and what the topical is about, really. Heck, everybody knows that. It's observable.

For instance...

There is much validity to what you’ve said Natural Citizen about being dependent upon the specific poster. I witnessed this difference with an earlier thread that remained opened for pages, without any information whatsoever in the OP but then we have this hard-working Remodeling Maniac shot down before he had a chance to get out of the gate lol I get it, being a new moderator is probably a little tricky but come on- keep it clean at least on the surface!

I was told that wasn't enforced so................................
Then scratch it from the rules.

If it's not enforced, then it seems logical that the only reason to keep it on the books is if a maude wants the illusion of a reason on reserve to hole topical content they don't like for whatever reason.

Unless you can think of another reason to keep a rule on the books that isn't enforced.

When you were young...

1668211701353.png

Remodeling Maidiac

Mods have been discussing your thread and will reopen it. Keep in mind, for future reference, that you should say something (you know, typing words out) to give people some idea of what the thread is about. Even if all you say is, "It's 15 outside. Yesterday it was 80."

Something else to discuss with you: the thread title: Don't talk like a drunken sailor in the title. Keep it clean - that's all we ask.

Forum List

Back