Zone1 What is the reason for your hope?

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Oct 21, 2014
1 Peter 3:15: Always be ready to give a reason, an explanation, for your hope.

What is your hope/expectation? What is the reason for it?

I strive to have no expectations of the universe.

Expectations lead to wants. Wants lead to desire. Desire is the cause disharmony with nature.

1 Peter 3:15: Always be ready to give a reason, an explanation, for your hope.

What is your hope/expectation? What is the reason for it?
Things work out. Based on experience and the ability to cope and adapt advantageously.

I see, be a drone then, the DNC is full of them.

No hope, and no expectations from the Potato head.

Not a democrat or a republican.

And expectations lead to disappointment. Disappointment leads to unhappiness.

I wake up every day with no expectations and I get to fully enjoy the simple act of living in this amazing world and I am never disappointed.

The reason for my hope is Jesus Christ.
Protection from all anxiety, as we wait in joyful hope, for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ...

Was in a prayer that was said in Church, when I was young! :)

Go through life with low expectations. This way you’ll be surprised more often than disappointed.

Good start. Perhaps a good finish as well. :)

Beer is a good subjective hope., meaning that while it is your hope, another's hope might be wine, bourbon, or a diet soft drink. Do you have an objective hope, something that is true whether people believe it, disagree with it, ignore it, or are simply ignorant of it.

A posted speed limit is an example of an objective truth. Do you have an objective hope?

Expectations lead to wants. Wants lead to desire. Desire is the cause disharmony with nature.
Is this an objective hope--i.e. something that is true all the time for all people whether they believe it, disagree with it, ignore it, or are ignorant of it?

The reason for my hope is Jesus Christ.
In your eyes is Jesus Christ a subjective hope, true just for some? Or is he an objective hope? What is/are the objective reason/s for hope in Jesus?

Protection from all anxiety, as we wait in joyful hope, for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ...
Your thoughts on whether Jesus Christ is a subjective hope or an objective hope?

On the back of my calling card, I used to have a quote. "Expectations are pre-planned resentments."
Short-term resentments or long-term resentments? What would be an example of a permanent resentment for all?

Not a democrat or a republican.

And expectations lead to disappointment. Disappointment leads to unhappiness.

I wake up every day with no expectations and I get to fully enjoy the simple act of living in this amazing world and I am never disappointed.
No joy, no pain, just comfortably numb and unfeeling.

Kinda like Hunter in the White House

1697125790734.png

And yes, he is a disappointment, even for you.

Forum List

Back