What is the NUMBER ONE reason why you own a gun?

What is the NUMBER ONE reason why you own a gun?

• Because I just like to shoot things

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Because I like to hunt

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Because I like to collect guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because I want to protect my family from intruders

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Because I want to protect my property from the Government

• Because I want to protect my property in the event of a coup d'état

• Because I plan to kill someone

• Because I can

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I don't own a gun

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Guns are great. So are horses. It's weird how people who aren't into those two things are often ultra-critical of people who are.

Oh really? Horse-owners get criticized for owning horses as much as gun-owners are criticized for being in possession of guns?

:rofl:

Guns are great. So are horses. It's weird how people who aren't into those two things are often ultra-critical of people who are.

Oh really? Horse-owners get criticized for owning horses as much as gun-owners are criticized for being in possession of guns?

Oh shit yes. Generally by the people nearest and dearest to them, but often by complete strangers.

Oh shit yes. Generally by the people nearest and dearest to them, but often by complete strangers.

:confused: You must be shitting me. Never heard of it... and know a lot of people that own horses... That must be some sort of 'whereverthehellyou'refrom' thing... Or maybe just a figment of your imagination (?) ;)

I should have included...

"Because I want to offer a carrot to a horse and then shoot him in the face as he munches on it"

...as a choice.

Don't worry. That wouldn't be my choice...but I'm sure there is some equinophobe out there that would.

:confused: You must be shitting me. Never heard of it... and know a lot of people that own horses... That must be some sort of 'whereverthehellyou'refrom' thing... Or maybe just a figment of your imagination (?) ;)

Get a couple of horses and see how your non-horse friends and relatives react to it. And enjoy the fact that complete strangers feel entitled to tell you how stupid you are for having them...or on the opposite side of the spectrum, how it's "wrong" to own horses because they should be "free".

I keep a target on the door to my office that is covered with bullet holes. While others have had things stolen out of their offices, I've never had anything stolen.

Because I can. It is my right, and I intend on keeping it no matter what government says

Crime rates are historically lower where the citizens pack.

We have no burglaries or break ins in my neck of the woods. Very little theft except the occasional drunken fool who idiotically steals from a worksite (and gets busted because it's not like everyone doesn't know who it is).

We don't lock our doors, leave cars running while we go into the store, and haven't got a stray dog or cat problem.

Get a couple of horses and see how your non-horse friends and relatives react to it.

I wouldn't want horses because it would be stupid for me to have them, not to mention that it is wrong to own horses, as they should all be made into glue.

Forum List

Back