What is the Lame Zone?

See? Now that's whining.

fack you...i try to put the thread back and track and what do you do....

lame

Meh, no one else is interested anymore and you whined after posting nonsense and having it pointed out to you. So ... your point?

me saying i should not have said whining, asking you to knock it off and move on in a thread where gunny said he is sick of just flames...you're seriously fucked up

fack you...i try to put the thread back and track and what do you do....

lame

Meh, no one else is interested anymore and you whined after posting nonsense and having it pointed out to you. So ... your point?

me saying i should not have said whining, asking you to knock it off and move on in a thread where gunny said he is sick of just flames...you're seriously fucked up

Seriously? Wow ... you got it all right didn't you? :cuckoo:

Nobody's going to post in it. Some stuff is just beyond stupid and I'm sick of it. This is a political debate message board. If all one has to offer is lame shit, it's going in the Lame Zone.

Everyone can read it so they can see how fucking lame it is, but only staff can post in the forum.

I'm sick of threads that say "Bush lied ..." or "Obama is a Muslim and wasn't born in the US."

And believe it or not, I am MORE offended by so-called conservatives acting like leftwingnuts than I am leftwingnuts acting like themselves. I don't expect better of THEM.

I WOULD like to see some intelligent people actually having debates that amount to more than "you suck." If that's all you have to say, that's what the Flame Zone is for.

:lol::lol::lol:

you know you have made when your thread gets kicked to the laaaaaaaaaaaaame zone....

Oh trust me ... there ARE those who will set that as their goal.

Up next: strict moderated debate, NO flames, no lies, no rhetoric ...

I doubt there are 10 people on this board that can hang.

Do we get to pick the moderator? <g>

you know you have made when your thread gets kicked to the laaaaaaaaaaaaame zone....

Most likely all of us will handle it, but the rules are pretty simple and straight forward, not like there would be any partisan moderating possible in such a subforum.

Yeah, and no posters.

Anal boards all have one thing in common:

Low traffic.

You misunderstand. It will be a separate section. Those that wish to participate can. The rest of the board will remain as is.

I try to make a place for EVERYONE here. Not just parrots and flamers. Those that wish to debate without being being called a name as a response should have a place too.

Right?
You would know better then i would about it.

But it seems to me that it will take a shit load of moderation and the place as a whole will lose something.

Just my two cents, and probaly not worth that.

Why would the entire forum lose something with the participation of a few? And it hardly seems likely that a whole lot of moderation would be required. I suspect that those who make a habit of turning a debate topic into a pissing match would be cut off almost immediately upon posting in this section.

Go ahead and bring it. I'm in utilities and got my LBE on, bayonet affixed. This is your chance. Don't blow it.

Is a bayonet helpful in the utilities?

I'd probably accidentally stab myself in the nutsack.

Should I call them "cammies" for your edification? When I joined the Corps, they were camouflaged utilities and "utilities" to us for short.

The Marine Corps is the only remaining service that actually teaches bayonet drill. The Gunny knew what I meant. Anyone else that knew what I meant is looking through the holes in the floor of Heaven.:eusa_whistle:

And it looks beautiful.... Some would know that "Semper Fi" is abbreviated....

You would know better then i would about it.

But it seems to me that it will take a shit load of moderation and the place as a whole will lose something.

Just my two cents, and probaly not worth that.

I respect your opinion. So you think a separate forum in addition to the the ones that already exist would detract from the board? I would love to hear you explain why.

You end up with two sets of posters, they just won't mix, it's like having two personalities.

I'm not adverse to seeing it, I just wonder if you will have much of a community if some people only 'serious' post while others just post as before.

I do understand what the goal is, I see the same thing you do, a number of partsian people are trying to make this an echo chamber and post more and more absurd threads and it drives some people away.

After saying all that, I say give it a go, what is there to lose? If it sucks you can always change it again.

Not necessarily true, Xeno. I absolutely love a good pissin' match, and have no problem with them at all -- especially when it's been instigated. In fact, even if I can't piss farthest (gender issue, ya know), the piss and vinegar that's returned is always on target and the topic is generally intact. If, however, I elect not to reciprocate, for whatever reason, you'll see that there's no response. So... That would mean that if there was a "piss free" zone, I'd be free to carry on with the topic under discussion without any detours. That make sense?

Most likely all of us will handle it, but the rules are pretty simple and straight forward, not like there would be any partisan moderating possible in such a subforum.

No implication there.... It was a joke.... :)

No implication there.... It was a joke.... :)

Well, I thought it was an honest question really. :razz:
Then I thought that it had to be a joke ... :cool:
But I still decided to answer it nicely anyway ... because I'm cool like that.:eusa_shhh:

nobody can post in it right now...

Nobody's going to post in it. Some stuff is just beyond stupid and I'm sick of it. This is a political debate message board. If all one has to offer is lame shit, it's going in the Lame Zone.

Everyone can read it so they can see how fucking lame it is, but only staff can post in the forum.

I'm sick of threads that say "Bush lied ..." or "Obama is a Muslim and wasn't born in the US."

And believe it or not, I am MORE offended by so-called conservatives acting like leftwingnuts than I am leftwingnuts acting like themselves. I don't expect better of THEM.

I WOULD like to see some intelligent people actually having debates that amount to more than "you suck." If that's all you have to say, that's what the Flame Zone is for.
:lol: This thread belongs in the lame zone.

Funny how it's okay when you start similar threads. :eusa_whistle:

I get the message...don't question Dick Cheney. :eusa_angel:

*perma-facepalm*

nobody can post in it right now...

:lol: This thread belongs in the lame zone.

Funny how it's okay when you start similar threads. :eusa_whistle:

I get the message...don't question Dick Cheney. :eusa_angel:

Hmmm.... Just checked the threads he's started since I got here, and I don't see anything remotely similar.... And I do believe that your Morse Code translator should be fired....

Yeah, and no posters.

Low traffic.

You misunderstand. It will be a separate section. Those that wish to participate can. The rest of the board will remain as is.

I try to make a place for EVERYONE here. Not just parrots and flamers. Those that wish to debate without being being called a name as a response should have a place too.

Right?

Although I appreciate what you are trying to do, I'd like to inject an alternative view. If you were to peruse my thousands of posts, I never use vile language and try very very hard not to use the word "liar" or "lie."

I'm perfectly capable of dealing with both the rude and the less gifted on the board. My point is even those should be allowed to post where they wish and I for one am perfectly happy to post on threads where a jack-in-the-box might appear at any moment. I think a section that is restricted will tend to be sterile and uninteresting. A lot of times, I have to admit, the insults attract me into posting.

Yeah, and no posters.

Low traffic.

Right?

Although I appreciate what you are trying to do, I'd like to inject an alternative view. If you were to peruse my thousands of posts, I never use vile language and try very very hard not to use the word "liar" or "lie."

I'm perfectly capable of dealing with both the rude and the less gifted on the board. My point is even those should be allowed to post where they wish and I for one am perfectly happy to post on threads where a jack-in-the-box might appear at any moment. I think a section that is restricted will tend to be sterile and uninteresting. A lot of times, I have to admit, the insults attract me into posting.

Just for that, I'm going to start being rude to you. :evil:

Yeah, and no posters.

Low traffic.

Right?

Links to other forums is prohibited, so I can't give an example of "civil" yet non-sterile and still interesting -- all without the benefit of monitoring. It's a battle of wits and knowledge. That isn't to say that you wouldn't find me in a pissin' match elsewhere with the very same person(s) involved in the chosen selections. Maybe the best way to express how I feel about it is, some days I'm in the mood, some days not -- for pissin' matches that is....

Right?

Just for that, I'm going to start being rude to you. :evil:

Oh, I can't wait. :lol:

Forum List

Back