What is a moderate muslim?

Your 1-10 scale seems to insinuate that a more devout Muslim is automatically a more militant/jihadist Muslim, and I don't think that's the case.

Then give us your scale of a muslim view of 1-10

after all... i am asking ya know.

All devout Muslims want all non Muslims to convert or die. The moderates are simply content to do so through out breeding the infidel.

So a moderate muslim would be someone who would have no issue saying or calling for he death of anyone and anything non muslim.... just not the one who does the deed shall we say.

That is in the middle of my scale of 1-10.

One that get's the idea of religious freedom. A non zealot. A person that feels...FEELS for others that are different than them. Perhaps owns a gas station or convenience store near a large population. One that always asks the question. What are the batteries for?

All devout Muslims want all non Muslims to convert or die. The moderates are simply content to do so through out breeding the infidel.

So a moderate muslim would be someone who would have no issue saying or calling for he death of anyone and anything non muslim.... just not the one who does the deed shall we say.

Not mine. If someone is calling to discuss murder, they are not moderate. Yes, they have not killed.

But they are attempting to accelerate the idea of killing and that's just not moderate to me. When it becomes genocide they are attempting to accelerate as an idea, then it's not in the middle for me.

Probably a good example would be the majority of the young population of Iran which we got a glimpse of before their protests was squashed by the extremist.

Last edited:
I know that moderates do not advocate genocide even in discussion.

The moderate muslim would not kill someome for allah themselves. They understand and support those who do.

Are you saying a moderate can call for the death of others and since they do not do it they are moderate?

NO, a Moderate would not actually call for Jihad or to kill anyone, they take the long view, win through breeding and attrition. Not through murder and mayhem

NO, a Moderate would not actually call for Jihad or to kill anyone, they take the long view, win through breeding and attrition. Not through murder and mayhem

For purposes of clarification RGS, would they call to discuss genocide?

You're probably right. I suppose there are many not so devout Muslim terrorists.
How about taking a stab at defining a moderate Muslim, then.

I imagine there's lots of them, my old friend Ahmed for example. He observes Islam, prays towards Mecca, etc. But I don't think he attended services regularly, I know he had sex - and a baby - out of wedlock.

Ya know, just a normal guy, who was also Muslim.

But the scale of 1-10 where 1 is "Barely Muslim" and 10 is "Terrorist" is B.S. Level of devotion to the identity is not inherently tied to militant-ism.

That is not what i said.

No, not in so many words. But the way you phrased the question could be interpreted to suggest such. After all, you did say "Moderate Muslim," and not "Moderate Terrorist" or "Moderate Jihadist," and either of the latter would have better framed the question... That is, unless you do mean to say that level of devoutness is analgous to level of militantism.

Do you agree that there's no ceiling on level of devoutness sans militantism?

Not sure what you mean? They won't generally, openly, oppose murder and mayhem because that might get them killed. They would prefer that until such time as Muslims have such a superior position that it can not be assailed that war and terrorism not be employed except in dire circumstances. For the supposed moderates the current terrorism and wars cause losses they feel are unacceptable and may wake the infidels up to the real threat, what is happening in Europe for Example, France and Germany have major problems with Muslim immigrants and in Sweden the Government has abandoned areas of some cities because of Muslim street violence to non Muslims.

Not sure what you mean? They won't generally, openly, oppose murder and mayhem because that might get them killed. They would prefer that until such time as Muslims have such a superior position that it can not be assailed that war and terrorism not be employed except in dire circumstances. For the supposed moderates the current terrorism and wars cause losses they feel are unacceptable and may wake the infidels up to the real threat, what is happening in Europe for Example, France and Germany have major problems with Muslim immigrants and in Sweden the Government has abandoned areas of some cities because of Muslim street violence to non Muslims.

I'm not talking about Muslims. I'm talking about moderates. Rather than pull Muslims out of the humanity mix (like Sunni Man wishes to do with worldwide Jewry) I put them back into humanity and decry extremist thinking.

Those who have moderate souls do not discuss the wholesale genocide of a people. They do not even begin discussion on such a thing although moderates will come and discuss their distaste for such things.

My view.

I see this term bandied about, but what is it really?

On the muslim scale of 1 – 10 with 1 being your live and let live, peaceful, and allowing women equal rights muslim. 10 being your average burka enforcing al-quaeda bombing and killing everything non muslim in site. Is not everything that comes in the middle of that… moderate?

I would like to know what is “moderate? What do moderates think, say, act.

What is moderate in western terms and what is moderate in muslim terms? I am sure they are VERY different definitions of the where “moderate” falls.

5 ?

Half way between Victorias Secret and chemical warfare garb.

I'm not talking about Muslims. I'm talking about moderates. Rather than pull Muslims out of the humanity mix (like Sunni Man wishes to do with worldwide Jewry) I put them back into humanity and decry extremist thinking.

Those who have moderate souls do not discuss the wholesale genocide of a people. They do not even begin discussion on such a thing although moderates will come and discuss their distaste for such things.

My view.

By your definition NO DEVOUT Muslim is moderate. They all support an eventual world where ONLY Muslims exist.

My view.

By your definition NO DEVOUT Muslim is moderate. They all support an eventual world where ONLY Muslims exist.

I disagree.

My view.

I disagree.

Learn what the religion TEACHES. It is a REQUIREMENT of the faith that eventually the entire world be Muslim. No Muslim that believes the faith and is devout believes otherwise, they only differ on how to reach the goal.

Probably a good example would be the majority of the young population of Iran which we got a glimpse of before their protests was squashed by the extremist.

You mean rather like the Egyptians? Are you sure they are moderate....or just wanted out from under a dictator? The iriands wanted out from under the shaw.. and a shira state. They got one.

I see this term bandied about, but what is it really?

On the muslim scale of 1 – 10 with 1 being your live and let live, peaceful, and allowing women equal rights muslim. 10 being your average burka enforcing al-quaeda bombing and killing everything non muslim in site. Is not everything that comes in the middle of that… moderate?

I would like to know what is “moderate? What do moderates think, say, act.

What is moderate in western terms and what is moderate in muslim terms? I am sure they are VERY different definitions of the where “moderate” falls.

We have some Muslim friends. Some are more strict than others. None believe there is adequate religious reason to kill someone. One couple goes out for a beer and pool with us once in a while.
There are a lot of verses in the Bible that justify violence, mistreatment of women, taking over the world etc... Just as there are verses in the Qu Ran.
But the Qu Ran says some things that The Bible does not. While the Bible is often used to teach intolerance and danmation of other religions, the Qu Ran specifically says "Respect and revere the devout Christian and the Jew". So there's one up on the Bible.
It also says "He who kills a single innocent, it would be as if he killed 1,000 but he who saves the life of a single innocent, it would be as if he saved the whole world."
or pretty close to thatm anyway. Been a long time since college.

So Moderate Muslims? Same as moderate Christians, Jews or whatever...

I imagine there's lots of them, my old friend Ahmed for example. He observes Islam, prays towards Mecca, etc. But I don't think he attended services regularly, I know he had sex - and a baby - out of wedlock.

Ya know, just a normal guy, who was also Muslim.

But the scale of 1-10 where 1 is "Barely Muslim" and 10 is "Terrorist" is B.S. Level of devotion to the identity is not inherently tied to militant-ism.

That is not what i said.

No, not in so many words. But the way you phrased the question could be interpreted to suggest such. After all, you did say "Moderate Muslim," and not "Moderate Terrorist" or "Moderate Jihadist," and either of the latter would have better framed the question... That is, unless you do mean to say that level of devoutness is analgous to level of militantism.

Do you agree that there's no ceiling on level of devoutness sans militantism?

I dont think so... terrorist and jihadist are the far end of the scale, a 10, but still fall under muslim.

It is a simple question... what is a moderate muslim? I gave a scale.

I have no idea what a muslim would consider moderate.

Forum List

Back