What is a moderate muslim?

and it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world, that i will take avengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent; for the cup of mine indignation is full; for behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they hear me not.
we get it, christians anger you.

That doesn't have a lot to do with the hearts of muslims, however, which is the discussion at hand.

mormons are not Christians

Last edited:

I see this term bandied about, but what is it really?

On the muslim scale of 1 – 10 with 1 being your live and let live, peaceful, and allowing women equal rights muslim. 10 being your average burka enforcing al-quaeda bombing and killing everything non muslim in site. Is not everything that comes in the middle of that… moderate?

I would like to know what is “moderate? What do moderates think, say, act.

What is moderate in western terms and what is moderate in muslim terms? I am sure they are VERY different definitions of the where “moderate” falls.

We have some Muslim friends. Some are more strict than others. None believe there is adequate religious reason to kill someone. One couple goes out for a beer and pool with us once in a while.
There are a lot of verses in the Bible that justify violence, mistreatment of women, taking over the world etc... Just as there are verses in the Qu Ran.
But the Qu Ran says some things that The Bible does not. While the Bible is often used to teach intolerance and danmation of other religions, the Qu Ran specifically says "Respect and revere the devout Christian and the Jew". So there's one up on the Bible.
It also says "He who kills a single innocent, it would be as if he killed 1,000 but he who saves the life of a single innocent, it would be as if he saved the whole world."
or pretty close to thatm anyway. Been a long time since college.

So Moderate Muslims? Same as moderate Christians, Jews or whatever...

Except for one small problem...... Infidels are by definition NOT innocent. And be so kind as to quote for us a single major world leader of Islam that supports the teaching on devout Christians and Jews?

Why bother? There was a reason Christ was silent during His most important public appearance. He knew those in attendence wanted to hate and to judge. You are no different.
You know nothing of the QuRan. You have never practiced Islam. But you're one of those self-righteous Christians that Christ would have despised. You seek seperateness instead of unity. Hate and judgment instead of love and understanding.
You're a modern day Pharisee.

But okay, you wanna play? Let's play. ALL Infidels are not nnocent? Hmmm. That contradicts what the QuRan says. But then again, The Bible contradicts itself quite often, doesn't it? So one could pick & choose a message of love or one of hate, depending on the verses you decide you give priority. Isn't that true?

We have some Muslim friends. Some are more strict than others. None believe there is adequate religious reason to kill someone. One couple goes out for a beer and pool with us once in a while.
There are a lot of verses in the Bible that justify violence, mistreatment of women, taking over the world etc... Just as there are verses in the Qu Ran.
But the Qu Ran says some things that The Bible does not. While the Bible is often used to teach intolerance and danmation of other religions, the Qu Ran specifically says "Respect and revere the devout Christian and the Jew". So there's one up on the Bible.
It also says "He who kills a single innocent, it would be as if he killed 1,000 but he who saves the life of a single innocent, it would be as if he saved the whole world."

Except for one small problem...... Infidels are by definition NOT innocent. And be so kind as to quote for us a single major world leader of Islam that supports the teaching on devout Christians and Jews?

Why bother? There was a reason Christ was silent during His most important public appearance. He knew those in attendence wanted to hate and to judge. You are no different.
You know nothing of the QuRan. You have never practiced Islam. But you're one of those self-righteous Christians that Christ would have despised. You seek seperateness instead of unity. Hate and judgment instead of love and understanding.

But okay, you wanna play? Let's play. ALL Infidels are not nnocent? Hmmm. That contradicts what the QuRan says. But then again, The Bible contradicts itself quite often, doesn't it? So one could pick & choose a message of love or one of hate, depending on the verses you decide you give priority. Isn't that true?

I get the sense that the only thing you know of the Koran or the New Testament is what you have read on message boards. :doubt:

I get the sense that the only thing you know of the Koran or the New Testament is what you have read on message boards. :doubt:

Quran....

LOL...

Last edited:

Quran....

LOL...

Either spelling is acceptable.

Have fun defending Muslims.

Allah blesses you.

Or, to make your heart sing:

Assalamu alaikum.

Last edited:

Quran....

LOL...

Allah blesses you.
Assalamu alaikum.

Allah' kum Salam.
I see you looked it up after making just a little ass of yourself and realizing "Oh crap, he's right".
I had to learn the basic tenets of all major religions in college. And I definitely know more about the Bible that you do. That doesn't mean my interpretation is any more or less valid, it just means I have more education on the subject.

As far as defending the (Muslim) folks we go have a beer and shoot pool with? The friends we play tennis with? Perhaps you don't defend your friends if it is inconvenient or politically unpopular. I do.

And besides, I'm just not that fond of ignorance.

Quran....

LOL...

Allah praises you.

GOD PRAISES ME ! Well thats swell ...tell allah I said.. hey

It is a known fact that every language has one or more terms that are used in reference to God and sometimes to lesser deities. This is not the case with Allah. Allah is the personal name of the One true God. Nothing else can be called Allah. The term has no plural or gender. This shows its uniqueness when compared with the word god which can be made plural, gods, or feminine, goddess. It is interesting to notice that Allah is the personal name of God in Aramaic, the language of Jesus and a sister language of Arabic.

No, not in so many words. But the way you phrased the question could be interpreted to suggest such. After all, you did say "Moderate Muslim," and not "Moderate Terrorist" or "Moderate Jihadist," and either of the latter would have better framed the question... That is, unless you do mean to say that level of devoutness is analgous to level of militantism.

Do you agree that there's no ceiling on level of devoutness sans militantism?

I dont think so... terrorist and jihadist are the far end of the scale, a 10, but still fall under muslim.

It is a simple question... what is a moderate muslim? I gave a scale.

I have no idea what a muslim would consider moderate.

I don't know if you're misunderstanding my question or dodging it intentionally.

Put simply; Do you believe the most devout Muslims are always the most militant? Or are we talking about two different sliding scales here?

Being devote has nothing to do with being militant.

and it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world, that i will take avengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent; for the cup of mine indignation is full; for behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they hear me not.
we get it, christians anger you.

That doesn't have a lot to do with the hearts of muslims, however, which is the discussion at hand.

mormons are not Christians

A Christian believes in Jesus Christ as the savior , in God and in the Bible, what part of that does not apply to Mormons?

Quran....

LOL...

Allah praises you.

GOD PRAISES ME ! Well thats swell ...tell allah I said.. hey

It is a known fact that every language has one or more terms that are used in reference to God and sometimes to lesser deities. This is not the case with Allah. Allah is the personal name of the One true God. Nothing else can be called Allah. The term has no plural or gender. This shows its uniqueness when compared with the word god which can be made plural, gods, or feminine, goddess. It is interesting to notice that Allah is the personal name of God in Aramaic, the language of Jesus and a sister language of Arabic.

Good post. Not sure what it has to do with the contention by Sgt et. al. that there is no such thing as a Muslim who's just a regular guy but still, good post.

you mean if i viewed them from your twisted perspective

:lol:

Whatever. Please, i didn't mean to interrupt your attempt to christian bash. Continue.

I am not bashing anything but hypocrisy

What hypocrisy? God does not command MAN to kill man in order to cleanse the earth or make all follow him. Allah DOES.

By the way? Islam believes that Jesus was a prophet so that means what he taught and what the Bible says is still from God and applies.

The Book of Mormon says. . .

"And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth" (1 Nephi 14:10).

And yet not a single commandment to strike the wicked, to murder or force conversion, BUT Islam does. Allah commands his faithful to convert or kill all Infidels. They may for a time keep some infidels as 3rd class citizens so long as they pay for their lives and do as they are told.

Quran....

LOL...

Allah blesses you.
Assalamu alaikum.

Allah' kum Salam.
I see you looked it up after making just a little ass of yourself and realizing "Oh crap, he's right".
I had to learn the basic tenets of all major religions in college. And I definitely know more about the Bible that you do. That doesn't mean my interpretation is any more or less valid, it just means I have more education on the subject.

As far as defending the (Muslim) folks we go have a beer and shoot pool with? The friends we play tennis with? Perhaps you don't defend your friends if it is inconvenient or politically unpopular. I do.

Looked what up? I don't recall you being right about anything.

I love how overtly conceited you are on the matter. You know nothing about me. I'll share that my child is 1/4 Pakistani, my in laws are Muslim, my brother is married to a Muslim, my niece, the majority of my co-workers...

But I'm guessing you know everything, and spend your nights flipping back and forth between the Bible and Koran.

Last edited:
:lol:

Whatever. Please, i didn't mean to interrupt your attempt to christian bash. Continue.

What hypocrisy? God does not command MAN to kill man in order to cleanse the earth or make all follow him. Allah DOES.

By the way? Islam believes that Jesus was a prophet so that means what he taught and what the Bible says is still from God and applies.
Interesting. He ordered that Sodom and Gomorrah be completely destroyed.

Quran....

LOL...

Allah blesses you.
Assalamu alaikum.

Allah' kum Salam.

And dickweed, timestamps are your friend. Don't know what you think you schooled me on, but here is a hint:
Last edited by Provocateur; Today at 06:36 PM.
Today 06:40 PM
IndependntLogic

You keep judging me, I have judged no one, I personally do not care if you believe or not, I don't personally care if Homosexuals live in sin, it is their business. And I don't care what Muslims want so long as that includes no threats to me or my family. I have simply provided information. Go ahead dissect for us one can "interpret" the passage I provided as saying anything other then what it says?

Interesting. He ordered that Sodom and Gomorrah be completely destroyed.

Old testament and HE destroyed the cities not man.

Forum List

Back