What is a "job".

The earth and all the people upon it who are very much alive. The fact that more food is produced today than at any other time in history. The fact that medical science is more advanced today than at any other time in history.
More food is produced because people are overeating. Because they are overeating, and otherwise abusing their health, more medical science is needed just to keep them alive...and eating.

Lots of food are wasted because they are cosmetically flawed (i.e. carrots with peyronie's disease).

Last edited:
More food is produced because people are overeating. Because they are overeating, and otherwise abusing their health, more medical science is needed just to keep them alive...and eating.

Which they are and they are.

Most businesses fail within five years or so, the owner making very little, often saddled with debt, while his employees received their paychecks on time, until the money runs out.

The owner of a supermarket franchise where I worked for five years confessed that we meatcutters made more than he did. He would say that he got the meat and potatoes, but he wanted the 'gravy' as well. When his grocery workers struck for more pay and benefits, he went out of business six months after signing the union contract.
That's because most businesses are nothing but sole proprietorships that people think are businesses.

And he was telling you that to make you feel better because the owner of a business not only makes the salary he pays himself but also has the profits of the business or his share of them. And he didn't have to pay Fica taxes on the profit

I make 4 percent off the efforts of others. Savings from my jobs allowed me to invest in real estate. When I sold out I invested the money in interest bearing accounts, which currently pay around 4 percent interest. But it all started with a job.

Your investments are not the same because it's still all your money that you wouldn't have had if you didn't work.

The 5 years before I sold my construction business I was working less than 20 hours a week but was still making my full salary and 100% of the profits
My 12 rental properties ( 40 units) were managed by 3 full time people and cost me about 30% of my gross rents and 70% went into my pockets

I made that money when I was home watiching TV or out with my wife or on vacation.

That's because most businesses are nothing but sole proprietorships that people think are businesses.

And he was telling you that to make you feel better because the owner of a business not only makes the salary he pays himself but also has the profits of the business or his share of them. And he didn't have to pay Fica taxes on the profit
He didn't go out of business because he was making too much money. o_O

Your investments are not the same because it's still all your money that you wouldn't have had if you didn't work.

The 5 years before I sold my construction business I was working less than 20 hours a week but was still making my full salary and 100% of the profits
My 12 rental properties ( 40 units) were managed by 3 full time people and cost me about 30% of my gross rents and 70% went into my pockets

I made that money when I was home watiching TV or out with my wife or on vacation.
I commend you on your success. My money works for me and I don't put any time in. Additionally, my SS benefit has nearly doubled as I'm still working on my job twenty years after I filed for it. It too is invested.

Last edited:
What facts do you think I'm missing? The number of undocumented immigrants today vs that of yesteryear?
At many points in US history there have been large waves of immigrants that have come here, and people who know nothing have gotten into a panic about it.

At many points in US history there have been large waves of immigrants that have come here, and people who know nothing have gotten into a panic about it.
Those were the days of nation building. The country was big and undeveloped. Ironically overcrowding of big east coast cities helped force westward expansion.

Those were the days of nation building. The country was big and undeveloped. Ironically overcrowding of big east coast cities helped force westward expansion.
Same old know nothing song and dance that the fearful and ignorant have always performed during periods of increased immigration which have occurred throughout all of American history.

Same old know nothing song and dance that the fearful and ignorant have always performed during periods of increased immigration which have occurred throughout all of American history.
I wasn't there then. I am here now. And what's happening isn't good.

I actually subscribe to the unwritten history of immigration, makes more sense.
OIP.PA0_ED5vAw_foZ2qXn7qMAHaIH

R.dcaf82a18907299f976b9941dcbd13c0

Forum List

Back