Zone1 What is a Jew?

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
I find myself asking this question a lot lately.

There are lots of so-called Jews around, people claiming to be Jewish, yet they seem to be pretty ignorant of passages from the Hebrew Bible. Many of them today also promote Satanic lies and values, such as transgenderism, homosexuality, and abortion. How can one support these things and still call themselves a person of God? To be fair there are plenty of Christians doing this, and I call them out on that.

So what really is a Jew? What do they believe in? The modern day Jews don’t seem to have the same beliefs and rituals as they had over two thousand years ago. What changed? What is their belief about the afterlife and what happens when we die?

Firstly, they worship “the God of Abraham“, God who made a covenant with Abraham. Before that was the covenant with Noah. Also of course was those with Moses and David.

But what has changed since then?

Obviously someone did come along that radically changed things. He said their temple would be destroyed, and it was. But the Jews labeled him a heretic and blasphemer. The Jews called the followers of the one that did this a “cult”. When it became obvious this “cult” wasn’t going to just fade away, they supposedly had a council to “re-edit” the Hebrew Bible. Also later on the Jews came up with the Talmud, another “revision” of the religion.

So if any Jew is interested in talking about these things, let me know. I’d like to hear from you.

They don't agree on who is Jewish and who isn't.

A good intro, mainly for the footnotes and sources.

Excellent socio-economic history of Jewish culture in Jesus's day, also heavily citing from Jewish primary and secondary sources. Jewish 'racial purity' laws take up a third of the book, so detailed were they then.

The Babylonian exile and return, and the Babylonian Temple cult and making themselves the only 'real Jews', backed by Persian military and political power as rulers. Start with Ezra and his orders that the children of Jews who married non-Jews were 'tainted' and not worthy of places in Jewish govt. and being citizens of the new Temple State. This fake ' racial purity' rule never existed among Moses and his Egyptian Exodus descendants. Many prominent Jews of the pre-Ezra days were married to Phoenicians, Greeks, Persians, and other tribal women. There is lot more but the history books are the best sources.

I find myself asking this question a lot lately.

There are lots of so-called Jews around, people claiming to be Jewish, yet they seem to be pretty ignorant of passages from the Hebrew Bible. Many of them today also promote Satanic lies and values, such as transgenderism, homosexuality, and abortion. How can one support these things and still call themselves a person of God? To be fair there are plenty of Christians doing this, and I call them out on that.

So what really is a Jew? What do they believe in? The modern day Jews don’t seem to have the same beliefs and rituals as they had over two thousand years ago. What changed? What is their belief about the afterlife and what happens when we die?

Firstly, they worship “the God of Abraham“, God who made a covenant with Abraham. Before that was the covenant with Noah. Also of course was those with Moses and David.

Obviously someone did come along that radically changed things. He said their temple would be destroyed, and it was. But the Jews labeled him a heretic and blasphemer. The Jews called the followers of the one that did this a “cult”. When it became obvious this “cult” wasn’t going to just fade away, they supposedly had a council to “re-edit” the Hebrew Bible. Also later on the Jews came up with the Talmud, another “revision” of the religion.

So if any Jew is interested in talking about these things, let me know. I’d like to hear from you.
It's whatever the Left wants it to be

Duh!

Jews claimed the Septuagint Bible (Greek Bible) was not a correct translation, but only after using it for hundreds of years and after early Christians were using it to convert Jews to Christianity.

Jews claimed the Septuagint Bible (Greek Bible) was not a correct translation, but only after using it for hundreds of years and after early Christians were using it to convert Jews to Christianity.
There are errors in every translation. For example. As a rule Jews did not convert, it was converts from paganism that fueled the growth of Christianity.

Jews are many things. They are a people who kept themselves apart and share genes to some degree. They are a people who acknowledge Jewish teachings and scripture. They are a people who share a culture and traditions. You don't have to be all these to consider yourself a Jew.

I prefer the Masoretic texts myself, but yes, the reason the orthodox rejected the Septuagint was for racist reasons, not theological ones.

As a rule Jews did not convert, it was converts from paganism that fueled the growth of Christianity.

lol rubbish. The synagogues is where Christianity spread first, from Jerusalem's to the Syrian and Greek synagogues on to Rome and the Russian steppes. It was the Babylonian cultists who banished Christians from the synagogues and started extermination campaigns against them, and not only Christians but Samaritan Jews, Mandaeans, and other Jewish sects who didn't toe the Babylonian Master Race line.

They don't agree on who is Jewish and who isn't.

A good intro, mainly for the footnotes and sources.

Excellent socio-economic history of Jewish culture in Jesus's day, also heavily citing from Jewish primary and secondary sources. Jewish 'racial purity' laws take up a third of the book, so detailed were they then.

I forgot to add both of the above are free, the archive.org just requires setting up a free account in order to read and reference the entire book. They don't spam your email with lots of ads either, so no annoying floods of ads.

the desert religions fatally misinterpret humanities origin for whatever reason, nefarious at best and are an obstacle to the understanding of the heavenly metaphysical forces that began life on planet earth that are the key for an individuals spiritual existence presently and into the future.

Many of them today also promote ----- and values, such as transgenderism, homosexuality, and abortion.

grow up -

take a hint, christianity is a madeup religion of servitude construed by the crucifiers themselves using their victim for their own personal gain - at a certain point who reads their book becomes one of them, criminals. t hawk.

take a hint, christianity is a madeup religion of servitude construed by the crucifiers themselves using their victim for their own personal gain - at a certain point who reads their book becomes one of them, criminals. t hawk.
That was completely nonsensical.

the desert religions fatally misinterpret humanities origin for whatever reason, nefarious at best and are an obstacle to the understanding of the heavenly metaphysical forces that began life on planet earth that are the key for an individuals spiritual existence presently and into the future.

grow up -

Serving your fellow man isn't servitude.

Forum List

Back