What If The Teaparty Was Black

i think it's really interesting that the same people who don't understand why the tea people come off as racist and threatening don't understand the double standard which would be applied if blacks were saying the same thing about a white president.

it would be equally racist. the difference is that everyone would acknowledge the implicit threat.

If a group that is over 90% African American, was the size of the Tea Party, carried around guns, and had good sized amounts of racism in the form of say the Black Panthers, it would be relentlessly bashed on USMB by those who laud the Tea Party currently.

Hell, look at the way they reacted to two Black Panthers. Now imagine if they believed there to be thousands of them marching in Washington? Or carrying guns outside a white President's rally? It'd be chaos.

***snip***if blacks were saying the same thing about a white president.

it would be equally racist. the difference is that everyone would acknowledge the implicit threat.
Didn't this happen in 95 when we had the Million Man March on DC, when Clinton was President?
I don't remember it being reported as a racist uprising.
I remember it being applauded as a group of people standing up for their rights.

i think it's really interesting that the same people who don't understand why the tea people come off as racist and threatening don't understand the double standard which would be applied if blacks were saying the same thing about a white president.

If a group that is over 90% African American, was the size of the Tea Party, carried around guns, and had good sized amounts of racism in the form of say the Black Panthers, it would be relentlessly bashed on USMB by those who laud the Tea Party currently.

Hell, look at the way they reacted to two Black Panthers. Now imagine if they believed there to be thousands of them marching in Washington? Or carrying guns outside a white President's rally? It'd be chaos.

comparing tea party rallies to GANG RUMBLES doesn't wash.

Yeah, if black jackasses started waving guns around and threatening people there would be an uproar.

But if they were just gathering and were legal, they'd be fine.

You asshats are the ones who cause the racism. And believe it or not, there are black tea partiers. But the majority of middle america isn't black. They're fucking white. They can't help it. Quit obsessing over color.

minimally, they sure wouldn't be saying its ok to carry guns around the president. in fact, i'd wager they'd be talking about maintaining a data base of people who would do such a thing and discussing the benefits of detaining them without trial

Well sadly for you, you can't prove that. It's just conjecture and your racist imaginations getting the best of you.

minimally, they sure wouldn't be saying its ok to carry guns around the president. in fact, i'd wager they'd be talking about maintaining a data base of people who would do such a thing and discussing the benefits of detaining them without trial

Actually there was a black man who was carrying a gun at one of these things. I don't recall anyone saying anything about it.
But here you are guessing and projecting what would happen. You don't know. You don't have a fucking clue. And not just about this either.

I haven't seen a coherent argument either in the OP or the article linked to know whether I even disagree with it or not. It is just verbal mush.

This is what they do..they make up shit, attribute it to us, then act as if it actually happened.

In the end, it's still just making shit up.

You asshats are the ones who cause the racism. And believe it or not, there are black tea partiers. But the majority of middle america isn't black. They're fucking white. They can't help it. Quit obsessing over color.

I'm not obsessing over color. I'm simply pointing out the fact that if the Tea Party were black then people like you and Rabbi the racist would be disapproving of such groups.

what if obama were white?

:cuckoo:

the left couldn't try to shut down dissent by screaming racism....lol

Based on the things the "right" was slinging during the campaign (i.e., Muslim, terrorist, Kenyan, ******), I personally believe there would be a lot less dissent.

The left slings those things more often than we do.
In fact, Muslim, terrorist and Kenyan came directly from the Hillary playbook. And the only racist stuff going on is what the left manages to spread around.

Left schmeft.

I love Jonathan Capehart.

perhaps someone reading this will see the flip side of the argument... i doubt it, but you never know.

'What if the Tea Party was Black?'
Now that the NAACP has us debating race and racism within the Tea Party movement, this is a perfect opportunity for everyone to do an honest read of an essay by Tim Wise. The official title of Wise’s piece is “Imagine: Protest, Insurgency and the Workings of White Privilege.” But it’s the more popular headline -- “What if the Tea Party was Black” -- that propelled it around the Internet back in April. That’s when I heard about it from my friend Scott Sanders, who had it forwarded to him by his pal, Pulitzer Prize-winning author Toni Morrison.

Matt Bai of the New York Times wrote a thought-provoking piece on Sunday about how when it’s about race, it’s probably about age, too. But race is front-and-center in the heated debate over the NAACP’s justified resolution last week calling on the Tea Party to denounce the racist elements that have glommed onto it. When it comes to some of the signs and some of the actions at some Tea Party rallies and gatherings, race colors what we’re seeing, what we’re hearing and how we’re reacting. And the movement’s legitimate concerns about deficits, spending and the size of government are obscured.

African Americans are so used to the perception gap that it’s the stuff of comedy. Chris Rock delved into the issue in his 2004 HBO special, “Never Scared.” One memorable line goes, “White people sell guns, that's all right. Black rapper *says*, "Guns," congressional hearing!” This isn’t exactly the right analogy, but remember when the rapper Ice T released the song “Cop Killer” in 1992?

PostPartisan - 'What if the Tea Party was Black?'

if the tea party was black then conservatives every where would be mocking, ridiculing and denigrating it.

no doubt there would be the inevitable accusations of "blacks don't work, blacks are all lazy, blacks are all thieves" and then the equally inevitable denials that these accusations can in any way be construed as "racist"
because the REAL racists are "democrats, liberals and blacks"

in addition I would expect some cons to delightedly discuss the possibilies of "rounding them up, deporting them" or, with a twinkle in their eyes, "running over them with tanks"....

and THAT is what would happen if the tea party were all black

if the tea party was black then conservatives every where would be mocking, ridiculing and denigrating it.

no doubt there would be the inevitable accusations of "blacks don't work, blacks are all lazy, blacks are all thieves" and then the equally inevitable denials that these accusations can in any way be construed as "racist"
because the REAL racists are "democrats, liberals and blacks"

in addition I would expect some cons to delightedly discuss the possibilies of "rounding them up, deporting them" or, with a twinkle in their eyes, "running over them with tanks"....

and THAT is what would happen if the tea party were all black
Wow....

And who's filled with hate?

What unadulterated crap.

Only to you because you disagree with it. It makes good points whether you like to admit it or not.

that's just the thing DUmmie. The tea party isn't saying anything about obie wan.

The Tea Party is not closed to Blacks. However, Blacks, unlike Whites, tend to stick together and vote as a block. That's why there aren't Blacks in the Tea Party. Blacks seem to have a stronger sense of racial identity, solidarity, and loyalty. They tend to have less diversity within their ranks, it appears to me.

Actually there was a black man who was carrying a gun at one of these things. I don't recall anyone saying anything about it.
Actually there was a lot said about it. That's why so many here have talked about tea-party people carrying guns.
Problem is, they only saw part of the clip of the guy with the gun.
Most outlets didn't wait for the picture to pan out to show it was a black guy. They only saw a long-sleeved Arrow shirt with a gun and assumed it was a white guy.
:eusa_shhh:

what if obama were white?

the left couldn't try to shut down dissent by screaming racism....lol

Based on the things the "right" was slinging during the campaign (i.e., Muslim, terrorist, Kenyan, ******), I personally believe there would be a lot less dissent.

The left slings those things more often than we do.
In fact, Muslim, terrorist and Kenyan came directly from the Hillary playbook. And the only racist stuff going on is what the left manages to spread around.

Hilary Clinton was behind all those worldnetdaily "articles" and 41,317 bogus e-mails I got about Obama?
Damn girl, show us some proof on that one and I will nominate you for a Purlitzer prize.

First off it would be the Coffee party.

It would be liberal based and opposing Sarah Palin.

The speeches would be in rap with large assed bootys shaken it.

The crackers that tried to represent would get whacked.

The Tea Party is not closed to Blacks. However, Blacks, unlike Whites, tend to stick together and vote as a block. That's why there aren't Blacks in the Tea Party. Blacks seem to have a stronger sense of racial identity, solidarity, and loyalty. They tend to have less diversity within their ranks, it appears to me.

what you have to understand is this DUmbass bunch including Jillian were all here last year :lol::lol::lol: and denying the existance of the tea party, they, including obie wan were busy :lol::lol::lol: and generating faux headlines to say they were small in number and of no consequence.. now they've had their asses handed to them and they have to haul out their faux fabricated outrage about the "racists" in the tea party. The NAACP just needs to sit down and shut the fuck up or decry the like of Jeramiah Wright and Louis Farrakam.. otherwise I shall :lol::lol: my ass off at em.

Forum List

Back