Armed Citizens Prevail!

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010
Armed Citizens Prevail

“He was a big, burly guy,” said 89-year-old Beatrice Turner of the man who allegedly smashed in her front door and entered the home. “He was pulling at his shorts and talking crazy … I always said if they come inside, it’s me or them.” Armed with a .22-cal. revolver, Turner yelled at the man to leave. According to police, the burglar instead advanced on Turner, and she fired a shot in self-defense, narrowly missing her assailant. A neighbor heard the gunshot and phoned police. Officers arrested the burglar in the front yard. “All of [the police officers] were hugging me and telling me how brave I was,” Turner said. The friendly officers even helped Turner reload her gun before leaving. The Des Moines Register, Des Moines, Iowa, 04/21/10)

Police are calling a man lucky to be alive after he attempted to commit burglary in a firearm friendly neighborhood. First he broke into a home owned by Avi Manges, who quickly got her pistol when her barking dogs alerted her to the danger. “I hollered, ‘Who’s there? I’ve got a gun!’” Manges explained. The intruder looked through a window, confirmed Manges was armed and fled. Shortly thereafter, the suspect entered another residence; the homeowner heard a commotion and got his 9 mm pistol. He spotted the suspect, pointed the gun at him and held him for police. “If [the burglar] had threatened them, he would have been shot,” police Sgt. Roderick O’Connor said. “You go busting into a house, they don’t know what your intent is.” According to O’Connor, all the suspect had to say for himself was, “Those guys pointed guns at me. They should be arrested.” The only charges filed were against the suspect. (Glenwood Post, Glenwood, CO, 04/29/10)

A man was enjoying his lunch on a park bench when, according to police, a suspect with a less wholesome agenda spotted him. Clutching a knife, the suspect approached the man and said, “Give me all your money or I’ll stab you!” The mugger grabbed the man and shoved him against a fence. The suspect may have intended to inflict bodily harm on the man, however, he didn’t realize his would-be victim was licensed to carry a firearm. The man drew a handgun and opened fire on the suspect, wounding him. The mugger was to be arrested upon his release from the hospital. (The Hartford Courant, Hartford, CT, 04/27/10)

When Michael Lish returned home to find the back door and a window ajar, he entered cautiously with his handgun for protection. As he inspected the home, a man dressed in dark clothing and wielding a sword sprung out at him. Police say the burglar threatened Lish and walked toward him. Lish fired a shot, wounding the burglar who fell to his knees. The burglar reached behind his back in an apparent attempt to grab another weapon, forcing Lish to fire two more shots, killing him. The burglar, who was on probation at the time of his death, was also carrying two illegally possessed guns, a knife and a stun gun. (Tulsa World, Tulsa, OK, 04/03/10)
Two masked men were going door-to-door looking for a home that looked ripe for burglary. They settled on one owned by Carlos Martinez, who was at home with his wife and children. Martinez’s son, Bryan, answered a knock at the door, and the masked burglars thrust it open so forcefully that they damaged the wall inside. The men demanded money and Bryan, a Marine who was home on leave, retreated into the home and alerted his family to the situation. Carlos hurried his wife and daughter into the master bedroom and locked the door. The women hid in the bathroom and Carlos grabbed one of his handguns. The burglars attempted to breech the bedroom door and Carlos fired three shots. The intruders fled the home.(WFTV-TV, Orlando, Fl, 04/27/10)

An elderly couple proved that a firearm is all that’s needed to counteract a burglar’s youth and strength. Police say a 28-year-old thug learned that fact the hard way when he entered their barn toting a crow bar, metal cutters and flashlight. Charles and Kathleen Smith, whose barn had been broken into earlier in the week, stopped to check on the property and spotted the prowler. Kathleen shouted at the prowler not to move and held him with her .22-cal. rifle. The couple called police, who arrested the suspect. Neighbors have expressed much gratitude for the Smiths’ brave actions. (WIVB-TV, Buffalo, NY, 04/16/10)

Great anecdotes,and their are MILLIONS more. It doesn't take a nuclear physicist to figure out that criminals prefer unarmed victims,and that being armed gives you as much "say" about what happens as the crimial...and I want AT LEAST that much!

Great anecdotes,and their are MILLIONS more. It doesn't take a nuclear physicist to figure out that criminals prefer unarmed victims,and that being armed gives you as much "say" about what happens as the crimial...and I want AT LEAST that much!
I live in Chicago and the Govt would rather you not be armed to protect yourself. Supreme Court just ruled in favor of gun right but Daley dosen't like what they said so he and his cronies are trying tricks to overturn the ruling. Guns are bad for the citizens but good for government officials, the Govt officals all have guns for their protection!!!

Who would believe an 89 year old? Most of them are suffering from dimentia and the ones that aren't are in comas.

to bad some pro gun talk show host would do a daily spot letting the public know of all gun cases where an armed citizen saved himself, family or others using a legal gun stopping a crime and saving lives. You allways here of the bad gun stories but rarely any good gun stories. It would have to happen by a talk show host cause the main (LAME) street media would never do this!!!!

Who would believe an 89 year old? Most of them are suffering from dimentia and the ones that aren't are in comas.

My 90 year old Gramps ran off a bunch of criminals that were holding him up & making him wright out large checks. When he went to his room to get the check-book he grabbed his gun & called his son on the cell phone. All of these assholes went running scared. His 2 sons caught them coming down the road & held them at gun point until the sheriff got there. 6 are in jail now. Turns out these criminals had done this over 50 times. Gramps died of natural causes 9 months later. :( I hope they rot in jail.

Hopefully there is a special place in hell for people that prey on the elderly!!! put these a-holes and all politicians in there to rot!!!!

My 90 year old Gramps ran off a bunch of criminals that were holding him up & making him wright out large checks. When he went to his room to get the check-book he grabbed his gun & called his son on the cell phone. All of these assholes went running scared. His 2 sons caught them coming down the road & held them at gun point until the sheriff got there. 6 are in jail now. Turns out these criminals had done this over 50 times. Gramps died of natural causes 9 months later. :( I hope they rot in jail.

.......the above story, or should I say fairy tale, proves my point - they suffer from dimentia.

.......the above story, or should I say fairy tale, proves my point - they suffer from dimentia.

You are the fairy princess. Maybe you need to study up on the crimewave of fake asphault crews target elderly. They pull a fast one on their driveway & then help them find their check book. Most stay behind to keep an eye on the old people while a few go to the bank & cash the check. You are demented & stupid & its time for you to :anj_stfu:

Yeah....let's HEAR IT for the opportunity to protect-your-neighborhood.

:rolleyes:

"Now we can wait for Fox News to declare this case another example of the Obama administration favoring blacks against whites, I suppose."

Wow.. a random bullshit winger link from the troll, Mr. Shithead
....About the White-Trash's 2nd Amendment Solution to leveling the employment playing-field.

:rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWza8-BFIs&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy0zP4pYkSo&feature=fvw[/ame]​

Last edited:
I have yet to meet even a single person in REAL life who ever prevented a home invasion.

Yet these events are common as dust on the internet.

Rather odd, that.

Forum List

Back