What has happened to this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That goes both ways. Point is, the right doesn't run around in wolfpacks like WWII German U-boats.

I'd disagree and say there are those on both sides who do it. Both sides have people who can't field or support their own argument without a pack to clap them on the back and scream "hallelujah". And usually they can't do it even then. :lol:

It's not a partisan thing, it's basic moron nature. But they have the right to do it...I just wish they wouldn't pollute every thread with it so the people who actually want to debate something once in a while can do so.

Not here. The right is so splintered right now they look like the post-Carter Democrats. They can't agree on the time of day, much less politics.

Take now for example .... why do all the threads I post in turn into a bunch of leftwing women attacking me? What's really sad is y'all STILL can't keep up.:lol:

I actually don't recall ever seeing you post in an "intellectual" thread. You say you would like to give your honest opinion sans all the bullshit. But I've never seen anything posted by you that wasn't meant to criticize. I have no idea what your "opinion" is on any issue. All I know is you hate Obama, hated Bush, hate lefties, think we're all stupid, and wish you could run this board without us. But again, of course I don't get to read every thread, so maybe I've just missed out over the past 20 months.

Why didn't you join this thread? Lots and lots of great information, great debate, and very little bullshit, and on a particularly historic and current issue.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...to-extend-tax-cuts-unemployment-benefits.html

I'd disagree and say there are those on both sides who do it. Both sides have people who can't field or support their own argument without a pack to clap them on the back and scream "hallelujah". And usually they can't do it even then. :lol:

It's not a partisan thing, it's basic moron nature. But they have the right to do it...I just wish they wouldn't pollute every thread with it so the people who actually want to debate something once in a while can do so.

Not here. The right is so splintered right now they look like the post-Carter Democrats. They can't agree on the time of day, much less politics.
Maybe cuz we're not a bunch of mind-numb zombies.
Take now for example .... why do all the threads I post in turn into a bunch of leftwing women attacking me? What's really sad is y'all STILL can't keep up.:lol:

They're just hot for your bod.

:eusa_hand:

Proving once again that penis size means nothing.

I have to wonder what some on the left feel about Hillary Rodham Clinton now. I bet I know what she thinks of them, back stabbed her big time, it is as if she was erased from their minds forever.

^ is what the left does when they find a new darling to fit their new progressive agenda

That actually proves you don't avail yourself of any real information regarding the Democrats. Hillary is absolutely adored and respected, and she returns that respect. She is doing one hell of a job as Secretary of State and in spite of campaign battles, she has been devoted to her job and works closely with Obama. In fact, Hillary was called away from whatever she was currently engaged in to meet with Obama privately less than a week before the tax cut compromise was announced. I strongly suspect that both she and Bill were actively engaged in that decision making process. When push comes to shove, there never is any real shoving. Democrats work as a team, regardless of what goes during heated moments of a campaign.

Honestly? Not very often.

Her comment was not the same as yours that's why I asked for further response. Why not let her explain?

Honestly, then quit acting like you know what's going on. Ask conhog, mal and liability. I would tell you to ask nevadamedic, glockmail and martin but they can't post here. Ask wicked jester when he comes back from his week off.

Truth is, I've banned more rightwingers here than I have leftwingers. Learn to live with it.

Don't give em facts Gunny. They do not take well to facts, only innuendo

Pixie, a "fact" is something anyone should have access to. We aren't privy to how many people get banned from here and who they are. That said, I have seen Gunny strip naked the likes of Teapartysamurai and a few others, and I do appreciate that he knows bullshit smells the same no matter which political piehole it emanates from. But I also know that he lets a lot of bullshit masquerading as intelligent opinion pass just because of who the poster is.

It cracks me up leftwingers see themselves as the minority here. Still playing that victim card, huh?

Fact is, and back to the OP, it really doesn't need to matter what one's personal, political beliefs are. That has NOTHING to do with manners and the ability to discuss a topic without resorting to ad hominems, red herrings and just flat out personal attacks because one's ass is getting whooped.

The fact is, there ARE more active leftwing posters on this board and they run in packs like dogs. Deny what you want. Willful blindness on your part does not negate reality.

Another fact is, before the influx of leftwingers who cannot handle the responsibility that goes with freedom of speech instead of abusing the privilege, this board was more civil.

I allow it because the ideal is correct. In practice, the left can't handle it.

First off, SIR, nothing in what I said even had a whiff of victimization in it. So that was yet another fanciful perception of yours.

Second, none of us gets to read ALL the postings here, which I presume you and your 14 lieutenants do. So I have to go strictly on what I SEE, and what I SEE are more than enough right wingers who are just as pack-like and who are just as abusive and insulting as any on the left, and at least in equal numbers if not more. It's almost laughable that you somehow "miss" seeing that too, strangely believing it's all one-sided.

You might also check yourself for hypocrisy before you go ranting about ad hominem attacks.

As should YOU ma'am. I've NEVER seen you criticize a leftie even though I clearly remember you claiming to be non partisan when I first started posting here. I can tell you for FACT that Gunny has no problem chewing a righties ass when he thinks it's deserved.

I don't think I ever claimed to be "non-partisan,"' but I've certainly claimed (and claim) to be a left-leaning moderate who has voted for both parties over the years. I have called people from the left out in the past, especially if I see a stupid sexist remark having nothing to do with the subject and posted solely with the intent to hurt someone personally. Calling people idiots, retards, stupid, ignorant, etc., goes with the territory, but I do not like attacks on race, age, or personal appearance which people cannot help. I also strongly disagreed with the liberal left over the tax compromise; I strongly disagreed with some of the liberal contentions in the health bill when it was being debated. AND, I generally don't get ugly and insulting unless I'm returning it to someone who attacked me first. (Unless, of course, it's someone who repeatedly attacks me anyway.) I've also apologized for some of my own remarks. How often does anyone who posts here do that? I'm not trying to be a hero, either, but I do believe in honesty and fairness and despise gutter politics.

First off, SIR, nothing in what I said even had a whiff of victimization in it. So that was yet another fanciful perception of yours.

Second, none of us gets to read ALL the postings here, which I presume you and your 14 lieutenants do. So I have to go strictly on what I SEE, and what I SEE are more than enough right wingers who are just as pack-like and who are just as abusive and insulting as any on the left, and at least in equal numbers if not more. It's almost laughable that you somehow "miss" seeing that too, strangely believing it's all one-sided.

You might also check yourself for hypocrisy before you go ranting about ad hominem attacks.

As should YOU ma'am. I've NEVER seen you criticize a leftie even though I clearly remember you claiming to be non partisan when I first started posting here. I can tell you for FACT that Gunny has no problem chewing a righties ass when he thinks it's deserved.

I don't think I ever claimed to be "non-partisan,"' but I've certainly claimed (and claim) to be a left-leaning moderate who has voted for both parties over the years. I have called people from the left out in the past, especially if I see a stupid sexist remark having nothing to do with the subject and posted solely with the intent to hurt someone personally. Calling people idiots, retards, stupid, ignorant, etc., goes with the territory, but I do not like attacks on race, age, or personal appearance which people cannot help. I also strongly disagreed with the liberal left over the tax compromise; I strongly disagreed with some of the liberal contentions in the health bill when it was being debated. AND, I generally don't get ugly and insulting unless I'm returning it to someone who attacked me first. (Unless, of course, it's someone who repeatedly attacks me anyway.) I've also apologized for some of my own remarks. How often does anyone who posts here do that? I'm not trying to be a hero, either, but I do believe in honesty and fairness and despise gutter politics.

I've apologized when I've went too far, been told to fuck off for my troubles to. Then accused of never apologizing.

I bet a lot of them wish the DNC didn't screw her out of the presidency.

Pixie doesn't really know what she's talking about. Dem women really like Hillary.

I voted for her in the Primary. You're right, it was the DNC who screwed Hillary.. And that idiot campaign manager of hers.

I actually do know what I am talking about. I figured you would vote for Hillary. But most on the left decided they had a better chance with Obama. Go figure huh?

It was basically 50-50, with Obama winning by just a hair. The problem people saw with Hillary was not the kind of president she could make, but that the right would come after her with full artillery because of their hatred for her husband. We felt that she would fall under the weight of it all. The blogosphere was all locked and loaded, more so than for Obama who at that time, lacked the history of the Clintons which the Republicans would have dredged up in its entirety. Personally, to this day I don't think she could have won.

...and have disabled my Paypal auto-renewal to USMB. Heck why would I pay money to come here and be *bitchslapped* by one or more mods?

*laughs

I can relate

I hadn't been here in quite a while but when my membership renewal got paid I figured I'd take another look...shortly after returning I found out that I was an asshole for only being a supporting member donating yearly and not also adding to the monthly coffers.

Not sure if I'll still be here next year but I will be a slight bit richer asshole if I am.

What are you talking about?:cuckoo:

Fact is, why should we charge people a recurring charge when they aren't posting here? How hard is THAT?

Me :cuckoo: ?

You tell me...USMB did.

Prior to my return last October, I had one post in June and prior to that April...would that vaguely resemble "aren't posting here"?

No worries, I'm being entertained recently and figure to get my monies worth considering I voluntarily contributed initially and accepted the automatic renewal...quite honestly I had completely forgotten about it until I got it withdrawn from my account...then again, like I said, one post since April.

Personally, I find the political discussion to be a waste of time but I enjoy the music thread and sharing some jokes.

Did I notice you commenting on how busy you are?

Doesn't surprise me that you are because sure as hell, you're the only one that I pos rep on music that doesn't acknowledge with a thanks...no problem, I've been too busy too to make those extra clicks on your behalf too...not that you would likely give a shit considering my small offering...besides I'm just an asshole lib, right?

I've apologized when I've went too far, been told to fuck off for my troubles to. Then accused of never apologizing.

As I recall, I even apologized to you once (via PM), when I was over the top on something and you pointed it out to me. I haven't seen you in any threads I've participated in recently, though. So I'm neutral as far as you're concerned.

Let's face it, boys and girls, everybody wakes up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes, and it only compounds an already bad mood if you see one thread after another attacking your personal point of view. For me, I can get bent out of shape real quick when all I see are silly attacks on unimportant and uneventful things such as Obama's use of the teleprompter. Like wtf? Why is THAT so all-fired important? And then the rants begin which I otherwise wouldn't waste time on if I weren't already in a shitty mood.

With that, I'm off to make myself a stiff one and put my brain on hold until tomorrow.

:lol: Sure it is.

Fact is, you're flat out wrong.

And I am not surprise you think so. :lol:

I don't think so - I know so. I see things you don't see, such as who's "hidden". You only see the posts you bother to read - not the active user list in general.

You are wrong, and should probably stick to arguments you have a 50/50 chance of proving.

Unless you'd like to step up and prove this board leans more right than left?

*laughs

I can relate

I hadn't been here in quite a while but when my membership renewal got paid I figured I'd take another look...shortly after returning I found out that I was an asshole for only being a supporting member donating yearly and not also adding to the monthly coffers.

Not sure if I'll still be here next year but I will be a slight bit richer asshole if I am.

What are you talking about?:cuckoo:

Fact is, why should we charge people a recurring charge when they aren't posting here? How hard is THAT?

Me :cuckoo: ?

You tell me...USMB did.

Prior to my return last October, I had one post in June and prior to that April...would that vaguely resemble "aren't posting here"?

No worries, I'm being entertained recently and figure to get my monies worth considering I voluntarily contributed initially and accepted the automatic renewal...quite honestly I had completely forgotten about it until I got it withdrawn from my account...then again, like I said, one post since April.

Personally, I find the political discussion to be a waste of time but I enjoy the music thread and sharing some jokes.

Did I notice you commenting on how busy you are?

Doesn't surprise me that you are because sure as hell, you're the only one that I pos rep on music that doesn't acknowledge with a thanks...no problem, I've been too busy too to make those extra clicks on your behalf too...not that you would likely give a shit considering my small offering...besides I'm just an asshole lib, right?

You're complaining because someone doesn't thank you for rep? :confused:

"Y'all"? :eusa_eh:

Unless you believe you're among the group of posters I've been ridiculing, I'd like to know how anything I've said has been an attack on you.

I commented on your post, not you.

playing the victim card?

Why not? I've got plenty of practice around here. Me not being party of the leftwing biddy committee and all ....

LWs are still very much the minority as far as I can tell. Frankly, I don't get all the bitching. I have never been to strictly a left-wing (dem/lib) board and would never want to.
B-o-r-i-n-g.

Who knows what Gunny wants, other than a place to vent his pent-up anger probably over stuff having little to do with politics. His bark is worse than his bite.

It cracks me up leftwingers see themselves as the minority here. Still playing that victim card, huh?

Fact is, and back to the OP, it really doesn't need to matter what one's personal, political beliefs are. That has NOTHING to do with manners and the ability to discuss a topic without resorting to ad hominems, red herrings and just flat out personal attacks because one's ass is getting whooped.

The fact is, there ARE more active leftwing posters on this board and they run in packs like dogs. Deny what you want. Willful blindness on your part does not negate reality.

Another fact is, before the influx of leftwingers who cannot handle the responsibility that goes with freedom of speech instead of abusing the privilege, this board was more civil.

I'm a Gunny, not a "sir". I work for a living.

What you see is YOU and a bunch of other leftwingers are STILL here because that's how I run my f-ing ship. The fact I have done so has brought more leftwing trolls than rightwing trolls whether or not you like the facts. Every Cindy Sheehan on the internet comes here because they get to flap their gums.

Again, since you missed the obvious, the rightwing would have to agree on something to be pack-like. Ain't happening. Everytime the right agress, the left is out of office.

Try again. Or PMS on someone else. I ain't in the fucking mood.

You STFU too, neocon.

Jeez ... can I get some f-ing normal people here?

What have you seen everywhere online and off?

I have seen leftwingers go after rightwingers on a personal level because they cannot handle honest debate.

And I've seen just the opposite, including the creepy sensation of being stalked by a few of those oh-so-innocent right wingers who "can't handle an honest debate." As you know, it's very easy to locate someone once they've logged on. If you'd like their names, feel free to send me a PM.

You want to debate? Let's play. Otherwise, don't let your bumblebee ass overload your alligator mouth.

Keep running it. Fact is, I for one, have posted several times about a strict debate rules forum as has Modbert. I asked for votes.

Where was YOURS? Give it to the Obama lama and think that took care of the rules?

Don't step on teh dance floor if you cain't.

I have seen leftwingers go after rightwingers on a personal level because they cannot handle honest debate.

have you seen rightwingers do the same thing?
Have you met cornjob?

I have to wonder what some on the left feel about Hillary Rodham Clinton now. I bet I know what she thinks of them, back stabbed her big time, it is as if she was erased from their minds forever.

^ is what the left does when they find a new darling to fit their new progressive agenda
I bet a lot of them wish the DNC didn't screw her out of the presidency.

Find somewhere else to play. Adults talking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back