Status
Not open for further replies.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Quoted directly from the rules section.
Copyright Guidelines:
Copyright infringement is illegal. USmessageboard.com will enforce the law. Never post an article in its entirety. When posting copyrighted material, please use small sections or link to the article. When posting copyrighted material you MUST give credit to the author in your post. You are responsible for including links/credit, regardless of how you originally came across the material.

One is required to give credit to the author. This can be done with a link OR stating in the post the information. One is not required to find a link if their source is not from the internet. Just to credit the author.

If It Is Copy And Pasted A Link Is Required. If The Book Is Sold On Line Find A Link To It.

not too many things quoted and writen on here, come directly from a book though...usually they are copied/cut/and pasted, which MEANS they came from a LINK.

and the author, the book name and year of publication, and the page number of the book where the quote is being taken from, is what i was taught as proper reference....when in school?

"Care4All is planning on purchasing RadiomanATL all of the Halo games for the new XBox that EZ is going to purchase for him"

-"Book of RadiomanATL", by RadiomanATL, published 2010, page 434-

not too many things quoted and writen on here, come directly from a book though...usually they are copied/cut/and pasted, which MEANS they came from a LINK.

and the author, the book name and year of publication, and the page number of the book where the quote is being taken from, is what i was taught as proper reference....when in school?

Sometimes a person just remembers an odd factoid or such out of a book or off a tv program and uses it but doesn't remember where in the book, or even which book; I don't think that in that case there is any copyright infringement. None of us are writing a thesis on here.

Copyright Guidelines:
Copyright infringement is illegal. USmessageboard.com will enforce the law. Never post an article in its entirety. When posting copyrighted material, please use small sections or link to the article. When posting copyrighted material you MUST give credit to the author in your post. You are responsible for including links/credit, regardless of how you originally came across the material.

One is required to give credit to the author. This can be done with a link OR stating in the post the information. One is not required to find a link if their source is not from the internet. Just to credit the author.

Let me clarify for you.

If you copy and paste, you have a link.

Copyright Guidelines:

Let me clarify for you.

I agree, But if you cite from a book you do not. And as noted already your moderators HAVE threatened people for not linking to a quote from a book.

Sometimes a person just remembers an odd factoid or such out of a book or off a tv program and uses it but doesn't remember where in the book, or even which book; I don't think that in that case there is any copyright infringement. None of us are writing a thesis on here.

i think in cases where you are using a 'blip' or a known quote of an author, just giving credit to the author is fine or even stating that you are paraphrasing what the specific author had said or expressed, or deduced is ok...., but if you 'cut' and pasted this quote, then a link to that 'cut' should be posted.

care

i think in cases where you are using a 'blip' or a known quote of an author, just giving credit to the author is fine or even stating that you are paraphrasing what the specific author had said or expressed, or deduced is ok...., but if you 'cut' and pasted this quote, then a link to that 'cut' should be posted.

care

Well, if I remember something from a book and use it I'm certainly not going to search on the internet for a link to it. That's just crazy.

Let's say me and Radio (since he is in the thread) are discussing baseball and he tell me about a story he once read about Babe Ruth, is he required to find a link to said story? Of course not.

i think in cases where you are using a 'blip' or a known quote of an author, just giving credit to the author is fine or even stating that you are paraphrasing what the specific author had said or expressed, or deduced is ok....if you 'cut' and pasted this quote, then a link to that 'cut' should be posted.

care

Well, if I remember something from a book and use it I'm certainly not going to search on the internet for a link to it. That's just crazy.

Let's say me and Radio (since he is in the thread) are discussing baseball and he tell me about a story he once read about Babe Ruth, is he required to find a link to said story? Of course not.

i'm agreeing with you conhog...silly one!

Let me clarify for you.

I agree, But if you cite from a book you do not. And as noted already your moderators HAVE threatened people for not linking to a quote from a book.
ooo! Moderators threaten people??? With a knife or a gun???

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back