What has happened to this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LWs are still very much the minority as far as I can tell. Frankly, I don't get all the bitching. I have never been to strictly a left-wing (dem/lib) board and would never want to.
B-o-r-i-n-g.

Who knows what Gunny wants, other than a place to vent his pent-up anger probably over stuff having little to do with politics. His bark is worse than his bite.

It cracks me up leftwingers see themselves as the minority here. Still playing that victim card, huh?

Fact is, and back to the OP, it really doesn't need to matter what one's personal, political beliefs are. That has NOTHING to do with manners and the ability to discuss a topic without resorting to ad hominems, red herrings and just flat out personal attacks because one's ass is getting whooped.

The fact is, there ARE more active leftwing posters on this board and they run in packs like dogs. Deny what you want. Willful blindness on your part does not negate reality.

Another fact is, before the influx of leftwingers who cannot handle the responsibility that goes with freedom of speech instead of abusing the privilege, this board was more civil.

I allow it because the ideal is correct. In practice, the left can't handle it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Your post on the issue is exactly what I have seen everywhere I have been, online and off. And especially here on USMB.

The ideal is freedom of speech and that is why this board IS so popular. We do have a lot of new posters and I attribute that to the free speech on the forum.

What have you seen everywhere online and off?

I didn't say anything about your admin skills, didn't even bring it up. I am talking about your personal witch hunt of left wingers, or are your threads you start attacking us as admin and not as a poster? I personally thought the alligator one as a poster, but I could be wrong.
And if you think there are more leftwingers on here, well you need to start paying attention to who posts around here.

LWs are still very much the minority as far as I can tell. Frankly, I don't get all the bitching. I have never been to strictly a left-wing (dem/lib) board and would never want to.
B-o-r-i-n-g.

Who knows what Gunny wants, other than a place to vent his pent-up anger probably over stuff having little to do with politics. His bark is worse than his bite.

I agree, I just don't see very many Lefties around. I know there've been polls about it but how else can you tell other than physically counting them? Neither option very scientific.

I've been to LW sites too and found it very boring.

Really? Guess you don't post on your boss's dime like the rest.

What Gunny wants? When did THIS become THAT? I'd like BOTH sides to act like adults and learn how to address issues with their OWN minds, thinking beyond the stupid political parties they've been indoctrinated to believe can do no wrong and the other is the enemy.

Whatever happened to THINKING logically in this country? I can name names on BOTH sides. Can YOU? THAT's the difference between ME and YOU. You see things from one point of view and more often than not, it's spewed to you by one of your pundits.

I think for myself, thanks. Wish someone else around here could too so I could actually have an intellectual discussion for once instead of listening to a bunch of bullshit.

Found those sites boring, have you? I've been on BOTH. BOTH are boring. Y'all don't get THAT yet? I go after the idiots on BOTH sides and I'm not letting this board swing EITHER way. Those sites die. Once they run the other side off, they start eating their own.

I run a website, not a political party. I express my ideals and I can piss off the right as often as I do the left. You lefties just don't ever see that, as is is your wont in the face of reality. I despise Hannity as much as I do leftwingnuts.

Maybe one day, "we" will learn to read the US Constitution and what it actually says.

Now you know what I want .....

I didn't say anything about your admin skills, didn't even bring it up. I am talking about your personal witch hunt of left wingers, or are your threads you start attacking us as admin and not as a poster? I personally thought the alligator one as a poster, but I could be wrong.
And if you think there are more leftwingers on here, well you need to start paying attention to who posts around here.

B-o-r-i-n-g.

I agree, I just don't see very many Lefties around. I know there've been polls about it but how else can you tell other than physically counting them? Neither option very scientific.

Echo chambers are always boring. Except to people who can't take being questioned. I don't mind being in the minority, it's my choice to be here after all.

And let's face it, most of the dogpiles outside the FZ are by posters who couldn't argue their way out of a wet paper bag with a pair of scissors even hunting in packs. They're annoying to step around, but they're nothing I'd waste my time on. ;)

It cracks me up leftwingers see themselves as the minority here. Still playing that victim card, huh?

Fact is, and back to the OP, it really doesn't need to matter what one's personal, political beliefs are. That has NOTHING to do with manners and the ability to discuss a topic without resorting to ad hominems, red herrings and just flat out personal attacks because one's ass is getting whooped.

The fact is, there ARE more active leftwing posters on this board and they run in packs like dogs. Deny what you want. Willful blindness on your part does not negate reality.

Another fact is, before the influx of leftwingers who cannot handle the responsibility that goes with freedom of speech instead of abusing the privilege, this board was more civil.

I allow it because the ideal is correct. In practice, the left can't handle it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Your post on the issue is exactly what I have seen everywhere I have been, online and off. And especially here on USMB.

The ideal is freedom of speech and that is why this board IS so popular. We do have a lot of new posters and I attribute that to the free speech on the forum.

I have seen leftwingers go after rightwingers on a personal level because they cannot handle honest debate.

B-o-r-i-n-g.

Echo chambers are always boring. Except to people who can't take being questioned. I don't mind being in the minority, it's my choice to be here after all.

And let's face it, most of the dogpiles outside the FZ are by posters who couldn't argue their way out of a wet paper bag with a pair of scissors even hunting in packs. They're annoying to step around, but they're nothing I'd waste my time on. ;)

Like I said ... freedom of speech am a terrible thing in the hands of the irresponsible.

I have seen leftwingers go after rightwingers on a personal level because they cannot handle honest debate.

That goes both ways. Point is, the right doesn't run around in wolfpacks like WWII German U-boats.

Of course. Right wingnuts never do that though, right?

Kind of belies your statement, doesn't it?

Only if you are someone who wants to find something negative to say about someone's post.

You based your comment on your observation of "all the boards you've been on"; yet, your last comment states you learned it from me.

Which is it going to be?

You misunderstood...I meant I learned how to have everything figured out from you. You are so freakin brilliant...that we are all just a little bit smarter after each time you post.
So now...I have learned so much from you - that I have it all figured out. :eusa_pray:

That goes both ways. Point is, the right doesn't run around in wolfpacks like WWII German U-boats.

I'd disagree and say there are those on both sides who do it. Both sides have people who can't field or support their own argument without a pack to clap them on the back and scream "hallelujah". And usually they can't do it even then. :lol:

It's not a partisan thing, it's basic moron nature. But they have the right to do it...I just wish they wouldn't pollute every thread with it so the people who actually want to debate something once in a while can do so.

Which has what to do with what? That statement was never made. How many times have you (not) seen me go after rightwingnuts/neocons? Not the point at all. Just a deflection on your part.

Only if you are someone who wants to find something negative to say about someone's post.

You based your comment on your observation of "all the boards you've been on"; yet, your last comment states you learned it from me.

Which is it going to be?

You misunderstood...I meant I learned how to have everything figured out from you. You are so freakin brilliant...that we are all just a little bit smarter after each time you post.
So now...I have learned so much from you - that I have it all figured out. :eusa_pray:

You're worth talking to.:eusa_hand:

have you seen rightwingers do the same thing?

I'd disagree and say there are those on both sides who do it. Both sides have people who can't field or support their own argument without a pack to clap them on the back and scream "hallelujah". And usually they can't do it even then. :lol:

It's not a partisan thing, it's basic moron nature. But they have the right to do it...I just wish they wouldn't pollute every thread with it so the people who actually want to debate something once in a while can do so.

Not here. The right is so splintered right now they look like the post-Carter Democrats. They can't agree on the time of day, much less politics.

Take now for example .... why do all the threads I post in turn into a bunch of leftwing women attacking me? What's really sad is y'all STILL can't keep up.:lol:

Which has what to do with what? That statement was never made. How many times have you (not) seen me go after rightwingnuts/neocons? Not the point at all. Just a deflection on your part.

Honestly? Not very often.

Her comment was not the same as yours that's why I asked for further response. Why not let her explain?

Which is it going to be?

You're worth talking to.:eusa_hand:

Aw...c'mon...

Attachments

• $begging-dog.gif
    $begging-dog.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 70
I have to wonder what some on the left feel about Hillary Rodham Clinton now. I bet I know what she thinks of them, back stabbed her big time, it is as if she was erased from their minds forever.

^ is what the left does when they find a new darling to fit their new progressive agenda

Her comment was not the same as yours that's why I asked for further response. Why not let her explain?

Honestly, then quit acting like you know what's going on. Ask conhog, mal and liability. I would tell you to ask nevadamedic, glockmail and martin but they can't post here. Ask wicked jester when he comes back from his week off.

Truth is, I've banned more rightwingers here than I have leftwingers. Learn to live with it.

Oh, and what's the point of my bothering to post a legitimate argument to you in response to your post and you ignore it? Yet you peeps wonder why I don't bother anymore ......

Honestly, then quit acting like you know what's going on. Ask conhog, mal and liability. I would tell you to ask nevadamedic, glockmail and martin but they can't post here. Ask wicked jester when he comes back from his week off.

Truth is, I've banned more rightwingers here than I have leftwingers. Learn to live with it.

Don't give em facts Gunny. They do not take well to facts, only innuendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back