What happens to you when you die?

The "one" thing? Huh? why? "All sins are equal" in God's eyes, no? There are some sins that cannot be forgiven? Or is it just this one?

you take your life you go directly to hell.

not good

enough said
Says who? You?

I say it here

but is is say in other realms too ;)
Says who... you, again? Why would this convince someone not to kill himself to meet God?

Because in your guts you know

you are not supposed to do that

you can only convince people to a certain point

beyond that

they are on their own
You also know in your gut you are not supposed to kill others. But that can be forgiven, and suicide cannot?

I mean, dont get me wrong. I'm kind of glad you think the way you do. The world doesn't need more suicide bombers.

Last edited:
It will be an immortal body of flesh and bones but without blood. It will receive its life from its spirit. Thus it is a spiritual body, yes it is spiritual flesh. It is being raised to a state of immortality through the resurrection.

It will be an immortal body of flesh and bones but without blood. It will receive its life from its spirit. Thus it is a spiritual body, yes it is spiritual flesh. It is being raised to a state of immortality through the resurrection.

yeah

all spiritual not mortal flesh

1 Corinthians 15:53-55
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Being resurrected to immortality and incorruption is to receive a body of flesh and bones just as Jesus received in his resurrection that will never die again. Jesus after being resurrected had this testimony:

Revelation 1:18
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

A spiritual body is different from a spirit. A spirit has not flesh and bones. A spiritual body is a resurrected immortal body of flesh and bones.

Last edited:
The largest study ever done on the subject, scientists discover your mind continues to exist even after your heart and your brain cease to function.

Hello God. :)

Death just became even more scary: scientists say people are aware they’re dead because their consciousness continues to work after the body has stopped showing signs of life.

That means that, theoretically, someone may even hear their own death being announced by medics.
The mind still works after you're dead, say scientists

You are made in the image of your Father. You are eternal. The only thing scary about death is location, location, location. Make your reservations today. Christ is the key to your next abode.

Doubtful, some brains die before the heart stops. I imagine someone who was killed by the guillotine might be able to see for a brief moment.

because to kill yourself is not allowed.

that's the one thing humans should not do
The "one" thing? Huh? why? "All sins are equal" in God's eyes, no? There are some sins that cannot be forgiven? Or is it just this one?

you take your life you go directly to hell.

not good

enough said
Says who? You?

I say it here

but is is say in other realms too ;)
Says who... you, again? Why would this convince someone not to kill himself to meet God?

That is religious doctrine. There isn't a place in the Bible that says you can't go to Heaven if you take your own life.

You get to fuck 72 virgins.

...which isn't as great as it sounds, because after fucking them, they get really pissed when they find that you fucked 71 others..."I saved myself for you and this is how you treat me???" Likely about 12 of them will accuse you of rape.

72 is a bit much
One or two to get it out of your system. After that, give me 70 who know about wild ass, sweaty, headboard banging sex

...which isn't as great as it sounds, because after fucking them, they get really pissed when they find that you fucked 71 others..."I saved myself for you and this is how you treat me???" Likely about 12 of them will accuse you of rape.

72 is a bit much
One or two to get it out of your system. After that, give me 70 who know about wild ass, sweaty, headboard banging sex

Please don't be so crass in the theology forum. Thanks. And-
You do realize the only place you can find that many Virgins is at a Lesbian bar or Comicon convention- right?

The largest study ever done on the subject, scientists discover your mind continues to exist even after your heart and your brain cease to function.

Death just became even more scary: scientists say people are aware they’re dead because their consciousness continues to work after the body has stopped showing signs of life.

That means that, theoretically, someone may even hear their own death being announced by medics.

You are made in the image of your Father. You are eternal. The only thing scary about death is location, location, location. Make your reservations today. Christ is the key to your next abode.
That's because there is still fresh blood in your head even after your heart stops.

Think about this -- if you are beheaded your head is still alive.

Yuk !!

That's because there is still fresh blood in your head even after your heart stops.

Yuk !!

For how long? The brain usually takes 10 seconds to die after the heart stops. In fact it is usually the brain that dies before the heart gives out.
And how do you explain the information collected during the bodily crisis? With a heart not pumping, and a brain lacking blood, no information should be able to be gathered. How does a person in that condition, tell you about a red shoe on the roof of the hospital, while in a state of near death on the operating table, or an ER?

Yuk !!

For how long? The brain usually takes 10 seconds to die after the heart stops. In fact it is usually the brain that dies before the heart gives out.
And how do you explain the information collected during the bodily crisis? With a heart not pumping, and a brain lacking blood, no information should be able to be gathered. How does a person in that condition, tell you about a red shoe on the roof of the hospital, while in a state of near death on the operating table, or an ER?
Because they are experiencing hallucinations. No, no dead person has ever correctly identified a red shoe on the roof.

Uh, no

From your link ~ Death is defined as the point at which the heart no longer beats, and blood flow to the brain is cut off.

BIOETHICS NEWS
Consciousness after clinical death. The biggest ever scientific study published

Southampton University scientists have found evidence that awareness continue for at least several minutes after clinical death which was previously thought impossible.

which included more than 2,000 persons who suffered a cardiac arrest and successfully responded to resuscitation treatment

Consciousness after clinical death. The biggest ever scientific study published | Bioethics Research Library

The brain is still functioning, but dying. With resuscitation, they come back.

This is NOT breaking news

Yes it is. Science says so. That is what is breaking,
Total lack of brain function. It brings to mind the woman blind from birth who developed a brain tumor. They had to completely stop brain function to operate. Dead brain. When they started her back up, she described the instruments used, the song the doctor sang and amazingly the color of his scrubs. She knew blue. Her spiritual eyes functioned perfectly. So did her mind.
Too many experiences have been documented that give credence to life after death. Even if there is some minute brain wave in nearness to death, or a faint heart beat, it can't explain the knowledge gathered during a near death experience. Or that something other than bodily functions happened during the crisis.

I was unconscious before the ambulance arrived and didn't regain consciousness until after I was in the ER for 20 minutes, but I knew the woman kneeling next to me in the ambulance with a stethoscope on my heart was my aunt's neighbor and not a paramedic. That solidified it for my Dad. That and I had not seen the town's new ambulance, and I told him it was the ugliest limey green you ever saw.
You should get off the news sites and look at the actual research. they stated dead when blood flow stopped to the brain. They admitted the eeg still shows for 30 more seconds but those were counted as dead. Resuscitation within two minutes, but that does not mean the brain functioned during those two minutes. They use stories told as proof, but when did those memories occur?

None of this is new. The only breaking news here is it is the largest study done so far.

72 is a bit much
LOL yes, I'm too old to train em. Give me the professionals who know what they are doing.

Virgins are for losers or trump small handed guys

I just read a few Bible posts here that claim that heaven is now a two-step process. I guess the Catholics had it correct first with the purgatory.

Cuz Revelations which no one quotes sez that the rapture occurs at the end times.

So I hope the lot of you are not in a hurry.

Yuk !!

Because they are experiencing hallucinations. No, no dead person has ever correctly identified a red shoe on the roof.

Oh but they have. There are many documented cases. Many. And now science is confirming it.
How did I hallucinate that a neighbor was in the ambulance with me instead of the usual paramedics? I was out cold before the ambulance got there and never regained consciousness until later in the hospital. She still had her nurses uniform on and white shoes. Science doesn't agree that the phenomenon was caused by hallucinations. I know they aren't. Been there..

72 is a bit much

Please don't be so crass in the theology forum. Thanks. And-
You do realize the only place you can find that many Virgins is at a Lesbian bar or Comicon convention- right?

Virgins dressed in cosplay? Noice.

What happens when you die?

Well it depends if you are a conservative or liberal.

If you are a liberal, there are but 2 possibilities. You don't wake up, or you wind up spending an eternity with Adolf Hitler as your neighbor cuz there is no hell. Either way you are screwed.

If you are a conservative, you spend the rest of eternity in heaven liberal free. It's a win/win.

Yuk !!

Oh but they have. There are many documented cases. Many. And now science is confirming it.
How did I hallucinate that a neighbor was in the ambulance with me instead of the usual paramedics? I was out cold before the ambulance got there and never regained consciousness until later in the hospital. She still had her nurses uniform on and white shoes. Science doesn't agree that the phenomenon was caused by hallucinations. I know they aren't. Been there..
No they haven't. No, there are no "documented cases". No, science is not confirming any of this nonsense. Anecdotes are bad evidence. And the only reason you present this bad evidence is because you already believe this nonsense and are suffering from confirmation bias.

A person who is hallucinating nd/or hypoxic may still get sensory input. You heard or saw your neighbor, and your hypoxic brain incorporated this sensory input into your hallucination.

These are phenomena that are ACTUALY "well-documented", with mountains of empirical evidence. A reasonable person would look at the utter paucity of these anecdotes as excellent evidence that these people are all lying or mistaken.

Forum List

Back