What happens to you when you die?

The largest study ever done on the subject, scientists discover your mind continues to exist even after your heart and your brain cease to function.

Hello God.
Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all
The Preacher has always held some of my favorite parts of the Bible.

Ecclesiastes 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

Ecclesiates 3:21
Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

What happens to the conscious immortal you after you hear your death being announced?

I went through this when I was 14. My first thought was, "If I heard you say that, then I can't be dead". Thing is, I wasn't in my body when I thought it. I was in back of the ambulance looking at my body.
For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all

72 is a bit much
One or two to get it out of your system.
According to the bible, you don't get even one!

Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

The brain usually takes 10 seconds to die after the heart stops. In fact it is usually the brain that dies before the heart gives out.
Hogwash!
How Brain Death Works
The brain can survive for up to about six minutes after the heart stops. The reason to learn cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is that if CPR is started within six minutes of cardiac arrest, the brain may survive the lack of oxygen. After about six minutes without CPR, however, the brain begins to die.

After the temptation Jesus was tended to by his angels.
No no no, none of that actually happened, remember? All just interesting stories made up to illustrate allegory. As Shaman Hobelim told me.

Exactly.

his angels 'tending to him' represented something mysterious. lol..
Oh, definitely! Clearly the brilliant goat herders who passed that story along in no way believed it literally. :rolleyes:
They were not illiterate goat herders. They were fishermen, carpenters, tax gatherers, sinners, prostitutes, criminals, teachers, wealthy, poor, respected and despised citizens of a highly advanced society numbskull. Jesus was partying with the Roman underworld for shits sake. They were ruthless, not given to fantasy at all.

The Gentile world didn't lose their minds for more than a thousand years after reading the Gospels because the authors were superstitious or stupid.

Last edited:
What happens to the conscious immortal you after you hear your death being announced?

I went through this when I was 14. My first thought was, "If I heard you say that, then I can't be dead". Thing is, I wasn't in my body when I thought it. I was in back of the ambulance looking at my body.

You took that out of context to prove a point and then missed the point.
Under the sun, under the sun... 30 times in Ecclesiastes. Solomon describes what man would be on earth, (under the sun) if there was no God:

The emptiness of life without God:
1. For the living know they will die.<hopelessness
2. But the dead know nothing.< no knowledge of life after death or being rewarded, or ruling and reigning as a child of the Most High
3. And they have no more reward.< nothing to look forward to. What they got under the sun is all they get.
4. For the memory of them is forgotten.< they cease even to be remembered at all

A life if there was no God is inconsequential and worthless, but a child of God has everything to look forward to and nothing to lose...

They were citizens of a highly advanced society numbskull.
That was advanced at the time, professor. And yes, those ignorant people believed that magical nonsense 100%.
lol.. right.. because you say so..

Obviously, you've never lived in Brooklyn.

The only ignorant people who took those fantastical stories and figurative language literally were the superstitious gentile nations of Rome into which Jesus deliberately instructed his disciples to spread those stories around, as a curse.

Historically, from the beginning, the Jews never believed those stories were literally true.. Thats why they were the targets of pogroms and persecutions professor.

Last edited:

You took that out of context to prove a point and then missed the point.
Under the sun, under the sun... 30 times in Ecclesiastes. Solomon describes what man would be on earth, (under the sun) if there was no God:

The emptiness of life without God:
1. For the living know they will die.<hopelessness
2. But the dead know nothing.< no knowledge of life after death or being rewarded, or ruling and reigning as a child of the Most High
3. And they have no more reward.< nothing to look forward to. What they got under the sun is all they get.
4. For the memory of them is forgotten.< they cease even to be remembered at all

A life if there was no God is inconsequential and worthless, but a child of God has everything to look forward to and nothing to lose...

It really is a shame if you find your life empty and meaningless without the crutch of gods. There is no requirement for gods for there to be a purpose or "meaning" in life. One's purpose in life may be incremental and limited but may be of considerable consequence, both in the present and to posterity. Much of humanity has come and gone before the invention of your gods. Are you thus suggesting that much of humanity has not had a purpose in their lives? How arrogant and naive.

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?

Not only is my life full now, it will be much fuller for eternity. Why on earth would you settle for less?
Without Christ you can gain the whole world. With Him, you can gain the whole world, all the other worlds our Father has created, and an eternal non-corruptible body that never fails, to enjoy them with.

There is meaningful, and then there is meaningful never ending.
If you are right and I am wrong, you have lived a meaningful life and then you rot away.
If you are wrong and I am right, you have lost everything but a forgetful vapor of existence in linear time.

John 1:12 says, “To all who did receive him [Jesus], who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”

Being a child of God is not for everyone. No one is forced to accept the gift of eternal life. Nothing arrogant about it. It's free and available to everyone. Those who never heard of Christ will be judged on the way they treated their fellow man. Those who refuse the gift of propitiation offed by God and His Son, will be judged at the White Throne Judgement.

Naive would be being so myopic that you don't even see the choice that has been offered you...

Last edited:
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?

Not only is my life full now, it will be much fuller for eternity. Why on earth would you settle for less?
Without Christ you can gain the whole world. With Him, you can gain the whole world, all the other worlds our Father has created, and an eternal non-corruptible body that never fails, to enjoy them with.

There is meaningful, and then there is meaningful never ending.
If you are right and I am wrong, you have lived a meaningful life and then you rot away.
If you are wrong and I am right, you have lost everything but a forgetful vapor of existence in linear time.

John 1:12 says, “To all who did receive him [Jesus], who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”

Being a child of God is not for everyone. No one is forced to accept the gift of eternal life. Nothing arrogant about it. It's free and available to everyone. Naive would be being so myopic that you don't even see the choice that has been offered you...

Gee whiz. What a shame that your gods didnt offer the rewards and benefits of heaven to all of humanity that lived and died before the invention of Jesus.

Well look. Screw those losers for being born too early.

Matthew 16:26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?

Not only is my life full now, it will be much fuller for eternity. Why on earth would you settle for less? This is merely basic training.

There is meaningful, and then there is meaningful, never ending.
If you are right and I am wrong, you and I have lived meaningful lives and then we rot away. No harm, no foul...
If you are wrong and I am right, you have lost everything but a forgetful vapor of existence in linear time, and I have gain everything, forever. Yay me...

Being a child of God is not for everyone. No one is forced to accept the gift of eternal life. Nothing arrogant about it. It's free and available to everyone. Those who never heard of Christ will be judged on the way they treated their fellow man. Those who refuse the gift of propitiation offed by God and His Son, will be judged at the White Throne Judgement.

Naive would be being so myopic that you don't even see the choice that has been offered you...

Hmm,no, because we know so from the church itself, from their well documented, abject ignorance and superstitions, from the nature of all the world's religions, and because people still believe it today.

Let's compare that to the evidence for your contrary claim. Here is all of it:

Hmm,no, because we know so from the church itself, from their well documented, abject ignorance and superstitions, from the nature of all the world's religions, and because people still believe it today.

Let's compare that to the evidence for your contrary claim. Here is all of it:

What Jewish church are you talking about?

Take your time. You have the entire internet to search.

Forum List

Back