What happens to you when you die?

I just read a few Bible posts here that claim that heaven is now a two-step process. I guess the Catholics had it correct first with the purgatory.

Cuz Revelations which no one quotes sez that the rapture occurs at the end times.

So I hope the lot of you are not in a hurry.

Heaven is not a two step process. Absent from the body is present with the Lord. If you belong to Christ, your last breath here is your first breath in Heaven.

As for the rapture, others have been "snatched" off of the earth prior to the end time rapture. Enoch was one. Elijah another.
The rapture in the end times, will remove those belonging to Christ. In 11/100 of a second. You had better hope that your pilot is an atheist when it happens.
It will happen for two reasons. God's children are not appointed to His wrath, and because those who belong to Christ will be coming back with Christ to end this war we are choosing up sides for now.
There is no such thing as purgatory. That is dogma, not Biblical doctrine.

The largest study ever done on the subject, scientists discover your mind continues to exist even after your heart and your brain cease to function.

Hello God. :)

Death just became even more scary: scientists say people are aware they’re dead because their consciousness continues to work after the body has stopped showing signs of life.

That means that, theoretically, someone may even hear their own death being announced by medics.
The mind still works after you're dead, say scientists

You are made in the image of your Father. You are eternal. The only thing scary about death is location, location, location. Make your reservations today. Christ is the key to your next abode.

I call shenanigans. Considering how some people's brains don't function while they are alive, I doubt that they'll function after they die.

I just read a few Bible posts here that claim that heaven is now a two-step process. I guess the Catholics had it correct first with the purgatory.

Cuz Revelations which no one quotes sez that the rapture occurs at the end times.

Heaven is not a two step process. Absent from the body is present with the Lord. If you belong to Christ, your last breath here is your first breath in Heaven.

As for the rapture, others have been "snatched" off of the earth prior to the end time rapture. Enoch was one. Elijah another.
The rapture in the end times, will remove those belonging to Christ. In 11/100 of a second. You had better hope that your pilot is an atheist when it happens.
It will happen for two reasons. God's children are not appointed to His wrath, and because those who belong to Christ will be coming back with Christ to end this war we are choosing up sides for now.
There is no such thing as purgatory. That is dogma, not Biblical doctrine.
LOL, you clowns are all over the place.

Cannot agree on a common dogma eh?

That should be a hint

What happens? Believers go to Heaven and live forever in ecstasy. Atheists simply die into non-existence, as they desire.

It will happen for two reasons. God's children are not appointed to His wrath, and because those who belong to Christ will be coming back with Christ to end this war we are choosing up sides for now. And will remain here, in our glorified bodies.

You are made in the image of your Father. You are eternal
You're MORTAL. The Gift of God is eternal Life. Only God's children will Inherit eternal life. The fate of the wicked? They become ASHES under the feet of God's Children.

If we aren't immortal then the Bible lies. Christ spent 3 days preaching to whom after He died on the cross? And what about the rich man and the beggar? Did that conversation take place between the living or the dead?

Last edited:
You're MORTAL. The Gift of God is eternal Life. Only God's children will Inherit eternal life. The fate of the wicked? They become ASHES under the feet of God's Children.

If we aren't immortal then the Bible lies. Christ spent 3 days preaching to whom after He died on the cross?
Christ didn't preach to anyone after he died on the cross, because zombies are not real.

Muslims, Jews, Mormons, Hindu's, Indians, Gandhi, all going to hell. And you call him a kind and loving God.
Which version of Christians get to go to Heaven? Brethren, Epostals, Children of the Corn, Catholics, Baptist?

What composes the body has always been here. What composes the body stays here. Whatever "you" means, why would we think it was not also always here and will remain?

What composes the body has always been here. What composes the body stays here. Whatever "you" means, why would we think it was not also always here and will remain?
For the same reason the sun was not always here and will not always remain

What composes the body has always been here.

are you saying the elements that make up physiology have always been here which is true or are you saying physiology itself has always "been here" as that is not correct on any level. physiology is a metaphysical substance not native to planet Earth but to the universe and disappears when its spiritual presence also metaphysical is removed. which could be construed as proof for life after death or at least of life before physical mortality.

What composes the body stays here.

only the elements, the physiology itself disappears.

Whatever "you" means, why would we think it was not also always here and will remain?

the metaphysical is synonymous with the universe, a being could possibly endup anywhere ...

If we aren't immortal then the Bible lies. Christ spent 3 days preaching to whom after He died on the cross? And what about the rich man and the beggar? Did that conversation take place between the living or the dead?

Use the Scriptures to debate your case.

Did Jesus Really Descend into Hell?

No, the Bible does not lie. It is your understanding, based on your Catholic faith, that is in error.

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Isaiah 62:2
And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Revelation 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

The worms crawl in.
The worms craw out.
The worms play pinochle on your snout.

We are all but worm food so eat healthy lest you ruin the health of a host of innocent worms.,

Don't cheat them out of their "food stamps" equivalent by getting cremated.

It is more important what we do while alive then to worry about what will happen to us when we die. God is consciousness without form. God is neither energy or matter. God is beyond energy and matter. God is no thing. The closest we can come to understanding God is a mind without a body. A mind without a body created the material world so that he could experience the material world through minds with bodies.

Forum List

Back