Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Tea Party activist

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Don't vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But seriously... Politically? I think of myself as a Liberal with a Libertarian bent.

:) Bit of an oxymoron Today if ever I'd heard one..

Liberals are the very termites eatingbest at the fabric of American Liberty today; are you kidding with this?, lol. A liberal libertarian, I can only conjure a confused individual.

It's likely Libertarian drug policy Joe likes.

But seriously... Politically? I think of myself as a Liberal with a Libertarian bent.

Liberals are the very termites eatingbest at the fabric of American Liberty today; are you kidding with this?, lol. A liberal libertarian, I can only conjure a confused individual.

I seems strange but Dennis Kucinich, Cynthia McKinney, (both considered extreme leftists) and Ron Paul voted with each other more than with their own parties.

I am myself and do not really belong to any group other than the human race and I had no choice about that.

Nor did we.:eusa_whistle:

It's just that many of us deal with it better than others.

Too many see it as an oppritunity to bitch and lash out at society for being born.

So they refuse to participate...and make others PAY for it.

I'm a Conservative and registered Republican.

Me too, but the Republican party has gone off on a tangent. I haven't voted Repub since Bush 2000.

I tend to vote lesser of 2 evils. Sure there have been 3rd party candidates who have been closer to me politically, but, say I vote for the Libertarian candidate in 2012. I miss the opportunity to vote against obama. A good Libertarian candidate might get 20% of the vote and hand obama the election over a Republican candidate that would have been preferable.
Let's suppose Ron Paul ran as a Libertarian or "Tea Party candidate and won. ( I know very unlikely) He would be a President with no support in Congress. He couldn't get a Cabinet confirmed let alone a Justice.
No. I find voting the lesser of 2 evils to be preferable to chaos.

Independent. I have voted repub (prior to 1992) and dem, and 3rd party (protest vote mostly).

I am fiscally conservative, and socially liberal.

I feel like the repub party abandoned me, they became shallow lying spinmiesters. Their failure to work to compromise, their preference for playing politics rather than trying to govern.

Last edited:

'Liberal' is the best term in politics to describe how I feel. I can't help it if Senator McCarthy bastardized the term during his conservative chapter in American politics. The term is not that old in world history and if you can get beyond the label, you can learn a lot about 'America'.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...th-conservatism-america-was-born-liberal.html

Total 100% Disgusted!

I have morphed from an idealistic stupid Dem when I was young,2 a Conservative Repub as I leaned life's lessons,2 a libertarian,that just wants to live my life in peace.

Liberty, Liberal, Libertarian... :eusa_think: Coincidence?

Government is a useful tool, except for all the goddamn rules and paperwork.

At one time ,could be,but not anymore.

At one time ,could be,but not anymore.

That's abandoning a pretty important part of our history because of one man's hate crusade in the 50's. Is that a good idea? Without keeping the terms we use to define our history in proper context, we have ignorance. Stupidity is excusable, ignorance is not.

I am glad to see that "Other" got the most votes so far. "The times they are a changin!"

Who knows where this "New Enlightened Age of Reason", this, "New Information Age", will eventually take us.

I suppose the old political saying by Hegel goes: "Thesis . . . Antithesis . . .Synthesis" . . will prevail.

The future is garanteed to be much different than anyone can now imagine. I just hope our Constitution holds up!​

Last edited:
I am glad to see that "Other" got the most votes so far. "The times they are a changin!"

Who knows where this "New Enlightened Age of Reason", this "New Information Age", will eventually take us.

I suppose the old political saying by Hegel goes: "Thesis . . . Antithesis . . .Synthesis" . . will prevail.

The future is garanteed to be much different than anyone can now imagine. I just hope our Constitution holds up!​

New enlightened age of reason?

The words liberty and liberal should not be used in the same sentence.

Forum List

Back