what deference do we owe to police when stopped

Most of the time the warrant request won't be approved, and the citizen has a decent case for damages of false imprisonment.

Then it's time to leave that department. I'm being nice. My true feeling us the cop should beat the shit out of you for being a jackass.

For making you follow the law and making you pay for not doing so?

The problem is there are ZERO real repercussions for an officer that violates someones rights, even repeatedly. They are cleared by their Unions, their departments, and the politicians that hire them. Policing cannot be treated like a job where you are protected when you screw up, and guess what? Violating someones rights is screwing up.

If you don't want to run the risk of losing your pension because you can't do your job, don't become a fucking police officer.

Oh?

You may be right but I'm not buying until you provide proof.

Cause that isn't the impression i have of police at this moment.

Adam -12, Baby!

Look up the Salt lake dog shooting.

The officer was found to not have violated procedure.

Why? Because there was no protocol in place for that type of incidence.

Why? So police can be held to a lower standard.

Until Chief Burbank is released or fired or retired, the corruption will continue.

Most of the time the warrant request won't be approved, and the citizen has a decent case for damages of false imprisonment.

Then it's time to leave that department. I'm being nice. My true feeling us the cop should beat the shit out of you for being a jackass.

No. Your true feeling is that the inalienable human rights enumerated, though not exhaustively so, in the Bill of Rights are not imperatives, but suggestions. You're mad, a danger to liberty and to your fellow citizens.

No. Your true feeling is that the inalienable human rights enumerated, though not exhaustively so, in the Bill of Rights are not imperatives, but suggestions. You're mad, a danger to liberty and to your fellow citizens.

Actually I do t believe in Rights. I believe in Privileges handed out to those who prove they can follow the rules.

For making you follow the law and making you pay for not doing so?

For placing Legality over Justice. You're already a criminal or you wouldn't have been stopped so you have no rights as far as I'm concerned.

Got it backwards, sunshine. The officer is not Justice, he is an officer. If he perverts civil liberties, he is the criminal.

Actually I do t believe in Rights. I believe in Privileges handed out to those who prove they can follow the rules.

Then you should not be in LEO, managerial, or other positions of responsibility.

If you had been one of my NCOs with that type of attitude and behavior, you would on civvie street snap quick.

L
Got it backwards, sunshine. The officer is not Justice, he is an officer. If he perverts civil liberties, he is the criminal.

Justice is not a oerson. Justice is the assurance that EVERY criminal is made to pay the highest price possible for fucking up and removing all obstacles to that happening.

Then you should not be in LEO, managerial, or other positions of responsibility.

If you had been one of my NCOs with that type of attitude and behavior, you would on civvie street snap quick.

My only position of responsibility it to myself and my family. I won't turn to the Law if there's ever a situation where most people would. If I can't deal with it myself then I don't deserve to have it dealt with.

L

Justice is not a oerson. Justice is the assurance that EVERY criminal is made to pay the highest price possible for fucking up and removing all obstacles to that happening.

That is not the officer's job.

His job is to follow the rules, protect and serve, and act according to the law.

Can't do that: leave the LEO.

That is not the officer's job.

His job is to follow the rules, protect and serve, and act according to the law.

Can't do that: leave the LEO.

That's why I'm not a LEO and why I go out of my way to avoid them. I respect them but have no respect for the system they are forced to work within.

No. You obviously believe in neither inalienable rights nor the rules governing legitimate police conduct. You obviously live in the alternative reality of the Twilight Zone where the citizen's assertion of his rights is a criminal act and the boorishly arbitrarily behavior of rank thugs with badges is the only privilege that matters.

You're making crazy talk, and, indeed, as Jake pointed out, you're not fit to hold any position of authority that would place you anywhere near the vicinity of the power that an NCO or an officer wields in the military, let alone anywhere near the vicinity of that which a police officer wields, over the lives and the well-being of others.

No...I truly think he is a no-shit psychopath.

You're making crazy talk, and, indeed, as Jake pointed out, you're not fit to hold any position of authority that would place you anywhere near the vicinity of the power that an NCO or an officer wields in the military, let alone anywhere near the vicinity of that which a police officer wields, over the lives and the well-being of others.

I'm much better off. See, as an armed citizen I get to make my own ROE and follow my own procedures. Trust me there are no warnings or shooting to wound in mine. So if you make the mistake of bring on my property or running into me on the street I may just hold your life in my hands.

I'm much better off. See, as an armed citizen I get to make my own ROE and follow my own procedures. Trust me there are no warnings or shooting to wound in mine. So if you make the mistake of bring on my property or running into me on the street I may just hold your life in my hands.

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the implement.

Dragging the train back onto the tracks here, in my opinion, if we are stopped by the police:

1. First understand that a traffic stop is one of the most dangerous aspects of a police officer's job. He approaches a car, unable to fully know who or what is inside it, and will have some apprehension each and every time. The best respect any of us can show is to have our hands where the officer can see them and lower the window before he approaches it so he will know from the get go that we present no threat to him.

2. Comply with a request to show our driver's license and/or registration and/or certificate of insurance.

3. Answer any reasonable question truthfully and respectfully but we are not required to incriminate ourselves. The correct answer to the question "Do you know why I stopped you" is 'no sir'. The correct answer to the question "Do you know how fast you were going" is, "Yes sir, but I didn't think I was exceeding the speed limit." (Unless you were intentionally speeding of course in which case you are pretty well liable for any fine.)

Be courteous and non threatening to the police and you will have the best chance to get off with a warning. But if you get a ticket, sign it and continue to be respectful. If you feel you have reason to contest it, and you're lucky enough for the cop to be in court, he is far more likely to speak favorably on your behalf than if you have made his job more difficult or unpleasant.

No...I truly think he is a no-shit psychopath.

Something ain't right, that's for sure.

Forum List

Back