What car will you buy before the government tells you you can't?

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
With Obama's new fuel standards, possible because the government now owns the auto business, we will soon have less choice when it comes to what we are allowed to drive.

That being said, what cars and/or trucks do you want to buy before 2016?

My first choice:
2009-hurst-hemi-dodge-challenger-front-angle-588x441.jpg

6 speed manual transmission
6.1 liter Hemi.
425 Horse Power before tweaking.

Choice 2:

2008_ford_super_duty_450_op.jpg

Last edited:
I currently own a 2004 Pilot. It only has 35,000 miles on it and I will keep the thing till it falls apart. The car that replaces it will be sizable, possibly another Pilot or SUV. Will big cars be completely gone in the future? I don't see that; there's a demand for 'family' type vehicles, imo. If my family of 5 plus the dog were to take a vacation down the shore for a week, we currently all fit into the Pilot. If we owned two small cars (Corollas or the like) two cars would be taken because we simply don't all fit. How's that better?

I am not a big buyer. I've only had 3 cars in my life, and I'm 43. My car right now is a 2001 Camry with 120k on it, and I'll probably keep it for at least another 5 years, babying it along at this point.

It's paid for, what can I say?

I currently own a 2004 Pilot. It only has 35,000 miles on it and I will keep the thing till it falls apart. The car that replaces it will be sizable, possibly another Pilot or SUV. Will big cars be completely gone in the future? I don't see that; there's a demand for 'family' type vehicles, imo. If my family of 5 plus the dog were to take a vacation down the shore for a week, we currently all fit into the Pilot. If we owned two small cars (Corollas or the like) two cars would be taken because we simply don't all fit. How's that better?

oh they won't be gone. They will however be unaffordable. Obama wants us all to drive those faggy little lighter than a tin can Smart cars

1smartcar.jpg

I want my flying car!

They promised me I'd be driving one by now in my weekly readers back in the 1950s.

I want my flying car and I want that atomic gnerated electricity which they do not meter because its so cheap to produce.

I'm beginning to think the future isn't what it used to be, personally.

When the death toll starts rising sharply because these little tin cans can't hold up in a crash, things will change again. It's a trade off - great fuel efficiency and smaller, lighter cars or less fuel efficiency and bigger, heavy cars. I'll take the latter.

there were lots of small cars in Europe when I lived there (89-95). Primarily that was because people had so little disposable income. The primary lesson though, and I believe it underlies some of the thinking in The Prophet's administration, was that these cars mostly did duty in highly populus areas. Like the east coast is: Boston-Washington corridor.

Believe Washington is playing a much bigger game. The Cafe standards topic is just the tip of the iceberg. At the end of the day, I believe we need to move to electric cars and nuclear energy. I think they are taking the old approach to easing everyone into whatever they are really planning so the whole movement cannot be voted down to being still born. Ever watch the expressions of some of The Prophet's domestic agency heads? I see quiet cats with birds in their mouths. These are agenda people.

When the death toll starts rising sharply because these little tin cans can't hold up in a crash, things will change again. It's a trade off - great fuel efficiency and smaller, lighter cars or less fuel efficiency and bigger, heavy cars. I'll take the latter.

just hope you're not one of the statistics that change everyone's mind

there were lots of small cars in Europe when I lived there (89-95). Primarily that was because people had so little disposable income. The primary lesson though, and I believe it underlies some of the thinking in The Prophet's administration, was that these cars mostly did duty in highly populus areas. Like the east coast is: Boston-Washington corridor.

Believe Washington is playing a much bigger game. The Cafe standards topic is just the tip of the iceberg. At the end of the day, I believe we need to move to electric cars and nuclear energy. I think they are taking the old approach to easing everyone into whatever they are really planning so the whole movement cannot be voted down to being still born. Ever watch the expressions of some of The Prophet's domestic agency heads? I see quiet cats with birds in their mouths. These are agenda people.

EXCEPT Obama and his chosen are OPPOSED to Nuclear power.

EXCEPT Obama and his chosen are OPPOSED to Nuclear power.

True. Am hoping, probably wishfully, that the current crop of ideologues will wake up one day to realize switchgrass, corn and all of that will not work in any practical sense.

The way it looks, to me at least, is that this area is not a high agenda item for the current crowd right now. If public opinion and the economy continue to work against what they have in mind, they will probably have to regroup.

My guess is that will happen when the far-left runs out of play money and has to back off.

oh they won't be gone. They will however be unaffordable. Obama wants us all to drive those faggy little lighter than a tin can Smart cars

1smartcar.jpg

yea aint those little lawn mowers with a car body on them nice.....lets see if any people in the govt. or the enviromentalist buy any....

Thank you for flying Time Travel Airlines. You may unfasten your seatbelts and prepare to embark to the year 1977. We hope you enjoy your stay.

I want my flying car!

They promised me I'd be driving one by now in my weekly readers back in the 1950s.

I want my flying car and I want that atomic gnerated electricity which they do not meter because its so cheap to produce.

I'm beginning to think the future isn't what it used to be, personally.

You are 35 years too late.

ave-mizar.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzv4q5EEy1k]YouTube - Galpin Motors - AVE Mizar - The Flying Pinto[/ame]

Forum List

Back