What car will you buy before the government tells you you can't?

The Oscar Myer Weiner mobile.

%20%20Wienermobile.jpg

With Obama's new fuel standards, possible because the government now owns the auto business, we will soon have less choice when it comes to what we are allowed to drive.

That being said, what cars and/or trucks do you want to buy before 2016?

My first choice:
2009-hurst-hemi-dodge-challenger-front-angle-588x441.jpg

6 speed manual transmission
6.1 liter Hemi.
425 Horse Power before tweaking.

Choice 2:

2008_ford_super_duty_450_op.jpg

:eek: A manly man's ride.

I shall drive my 1994 Mazda with 200,000+ miles, but still runs like a top just by proper maintenance, until the underbelly rusts out in about another year. Then I'll buy a late model used that still has the original owner's warranty on it. Doesn't matter who makes it, as long as it consistently runs good and isn't a gas hog. I'm not out to impress anybody; just transportation.

When the death toll starts rising sharply because these little tin cans can't hold up in a crash, things will change again. It's a trade off - great fuel efficiency and smaller, lighter cars or less fuel efficiency and bigger, heavy cars. I'll take the latter.

just hope you're not one of the statistics that change everyone's mind

I don't think when we leave the house in the morning we expect to get into a major crash. Most accidents are caused by people doing stupid things like taking chances or getting distracted. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned defensive driving? With the new cafe standards, one of the goals is also to have fewer cars on the roads vying for space anyway.

I currently own a 2004 Pilot. It only has 35,000 miles on it and I will keep the thing till it falls apart. The car that replaces it will be sizable, possibly another Pilot or SUV. Will big cars be completely gone in the future? I don't see that; there's a demand for 'family' type vehicles, imo. If my family of 5 plus the dog were to take a vacation down the shore for a week, we currently all fit into the Pilot. If we owned two small cars (Corollas or the like) two cars would be taken because we simply don't all fit. How's that better?

oh they won't be gone. They will however be unaffordable. Obama wants us all to drive those faggy little lighter than a tin can Smart cars

1smartcar.jpg

I wouldn't drive one of those glorified golf carts, but there is no reason we can't raise fuel standards.

Didn't you ever see the movie "The Italian Job"?? Charleze Therron stays ahead of the bad guys by driving one of those things up, over and around places a normal car or truck couldn't. You should at least have one for fun or for backup for when your Monster Truck loses out to another Monster Truck.

I can promise you this...IT WON'T BE A CHRYSLER!!!

SCREW THEM!!!

And I'm so glad we got a break on the gas prices for a while, but it looks like they are on their way back to the nose bleeding levels they were at last year.

Thanks Obama...I knew you could!!!

In the 80's I seem to recall that cars got better gas mileage than today's cars. I remember 40+mpg. What happened?

Cheap High MPG Cars: 1985

They were all piece of shit cars that fell apart after the first 50,000 miles. And it took two minutes to go from zero to 60.

I often wonder where people live where they need to get from zero to 60 so fast. Are you rushing to work or escaping from home?

oh they won't be gone. They will however be unaffordable. Obama wants us all to drive those faggy little lighter than a tin can Smart cars

1smartcar.jpg

I wouldn't drive one of those glorified golf carts, but there is no reason we can't raise fuel standards.

Didn't you ever see the movie "The Italian Job"?? Charleze Therron stays ahead of the bad guys by driving one of those things up, over and around places a normal car or truck couldn't. You should at least have one for fun or for backup for when your Monster Truck loses out to another Monster Truck.

Yea my wife wants a Mini Cooper, but ain't no way I'm having a 2 door with a car seat! I'm by no means knocking small cars. The best car I ever owned was a Honda Civic, and the worst a Chevy Equinox, I'm looking for something in the middle now....

With Obama's new fuel standards, possible because the government now owns the auto business, we will soon have less choice when it comes to what we are allowed to drive.

That being said, what cars and/or trucks do you want to buy before 2016?

My first choice:
2009-hurst-hemi-dodge-challenger-front-angle-588x441.jpg

6 speed manual transmission
6.1 liter Hemi.
425 Horse Power before tweaking.

Choice 2:

2008_ford_super_duty_450_op.jpg

Fuck Obama and his stupid standards. I don't listen to fascists, nor do I support them. He is in direct conflict with the US Constitution. Again.

I currently own a 2004 Pilot. It only has 35,000 miles on it and I will keep the thing till it falls apart. The car that replaces it will be sizable, possibly another Pilot or SUV. Will big cars be completely gone in the future? I don't see that; there's a demand for 'family' type vehicles, imo. If my family of 5 plus the dog were to take a vacation down the shore for a week, we currently all fit into the Pilot. If we owned two small cars (Corollas or the like) two cars would be taken because we simply don't all fit. How's that better?

I want to see Herr Obama explain how he's going to get an 8-10-12 ft ladder and 1000 ft of 10ft long conduit in one of his little Hot Wheels.

I drive a truck because I need one and he can piss off.

I want to see Herr Obama explain how he's going to get an 8-10-12 ft ladder and 1000 ft of 10ft long conduit in one of his little Hot Wheels.

I drive a truck because I need one and he can piss off.

You can still have a truck, most 1 tons and up are exempt for the strictest standards and it's overall mileage on the line up, some will do better than 35.5 and some will do worse.

Won't a V6 with about 185-200HP do? That's very feasible with the new standards. We should have done this 15-20 years ago, waiting this long just made it worse, and waiting longer will hurt even more.

there were lots of small cars in Europe when I lived there (89-95). Primarily that was because people had so little disposable income. The primary lesson though, and I believe it underlies some of the thinking in The Prophet's administration, was that these cars mostly did duty in highly populus areas. Like the east coast is: Boston-Washington corridor.

Believe Washington is playing a much bigger game. The Cafe standards topic is just the tip of the iceberg. At the end of the day, I believe we need to move to electric cars and nuclear energy. I think they are taking the old approach to easing everyone into whatever they are really planning so the whole movement cannot be voted down to being still born. Ever watch the expressions of some of The Prophet's domestic agency heads? I see quiet cats with birds in their mouths. These are agenda people.

EXCEPT Obama and his chosen are OPPOSED to Nuclear power.

Is he?

Or are you just -- per usual -- winging it based on your own perverted sense of liberalism hoping to insult people you are too god damned stupid and angry to understand?

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama favors the continued use of nuclear power and sees it as an integral and inevitable part of any effective U.S. energy policy, especially in light of growing concerns about global warming.

source

Having "glorified golf carts" for non-highway city driving wold not only reduce the cost of oil imports but reduce the demand for gas.. Any of you stupid fucking caitalistas want to venture a guess on what that does to gas prices? And, to boot, heaven fucking forbid we actually develop a product here in the US that can't be made by goddamn slaves in a third world country. Whats the matter with Kansas, indeed.

I'll tell you what's going to happen to gas prices.

They will go up

The government will realize that they are losing billions in tax revenue because people will be using less gas and voila! higher gas taxes.

Forum List

Back