Biden puts the cart before the horse...and it will cost YOU $4,161 /month for 20 years!

197 new power plants at $1,661 per kWh to build new power plant

Liar.
First of all I want to thank you for pointing out the mistake I made. Thank you.
Second, please note that the below and the prior submissions I made had the LINKS if you wish to verify the numbers that are used.

The mistake I made was taking $1,661 to build a new power plant. Which is correct, but there are distinctions.
The above figure is for building new Wind turbine (WT) plants for the 526,360,300,580 kWh needed by the EV cars/trucks projected by the EPA.
As a result I checked the source and found I didn't distinguish between type of power plant.
So when I multiplied the total amount of additional kWh that EV cars/trucks mandated by EPA by each type :
  • Total cost to build solar plants $1,537,498,437,993,860
  • Total cost to build nuclear plants $2,709,702,827,385,280
  • Total cost to build Wind turbines $ 874,284,459,263,200
So IT is NOT a lie as you so ignorantly with no proof CLAIM but it is even WORSE!

Source of the costs to build a electric power plant:

POWER PLANT CONSTRUCTION: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Published on February 22, 2021

EVcosts071923.png

First of all I want to thank you for pointing out the mistake I made. Thank you.
Second, please note that the below and the prior submissions I made had the LINKS if you wish to verify the numbers that are used.

The mistake I made was taking $1,661 to build a new power plant. Which is correct, but there are distinctions.
The above figure is for building new Wind turbine (WT) plants for the 526,360,300,580 kWh needed by the EV cars/trucks projected by the EPA.
As a result I checked the source and found I didn't distinguish between type of power plant.
So when I multiplied the total amount of additional kWh that EV cars/trucks mandated by EPA by each type :
  • Total cost to build solar plants $1,537,498,437,993,860
  • Total cost to build nuclear plants $2,709,702,827,385,280
  • Total cost to build Wind turbines $ 874,284,459,263,200
So IT is NOT a lie as you so ignorantly with no proof CLAIM but it is even WORSE!

Source of the costs to build a electric power plant:

POWER PLANT CONSTRUCTION: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Published on February 22, 2021

View attachment 806015

I multiplied the total amount of additional kWh that EV cars/trucks mandated by EPA by each type :

Because you're a moron.

Cut and paste the portion of the source you're using that shows the cost.

I know, your ignorance and confusion is worse than a lie.

I multiplied the total amount of additional kWh that EV cars/trucks mandated by EPA by each type :

Because you're a moron.

Cut and paste the portion of the source you're using that shows the cost.

I know, your ignorance and confusion is worse than a lie.
Cost to build WT, solar, or nuclear plant per kWh -- source :web site: Power Plant Construction: How Much Does It Cost? | ProEst

Wind power plants were constructed with an average cost of $1,661 per kilowatt of installed nameplate activity X 526,360,300,580 kWh used by EVs.
The average construction cost for all types of solar photovoltaic (PV) power plants was $2,921/kWh for a total capacity X 526,360,300,580 kWh used by EVs.
The EIA in 2018 proposed that nuclear power plants begun in 2016 would have a base overnight cost of $5,148/kWh, X 526,360,300,580 kWh used by EVs.

More technical and complicated pricing of construction of ALL types of electric generating plants:

SEE below matches with above!
Now of course the above and the below are too complicated for you but this again is for other more cognizant members!

EVcosts071923.png

Cost to build WT, solar, or nuclear plant per kWh -- source :web site: Power Plant Construction: How Much Does It Cost? | ProEst

Wind power plants were constructed with an average cost of $1,661 per kilowatt of installed nameplate activity X 526,360,300,580 kWh used by EVs.
The average construction cost for all types of solar photovoltaic (PV) power plants was $2,921/kWh for a total capacity X 526,360,300,580 kWh used by EVs.
The EIA in 2018 proposed that nuclear power plants begun in 2016 would have a base overnight cost of $5,148/kWh, X 526,360,300,580 kWh used by EVs.

More technical and complicated pricing of construction of ALL types of electric generating plants:

Now of course the above and the below are too complicated for you but this again is for other more cognizant members!

View attachment 806059

Wind power plants were constructed with an average cost of $1,661 per kilowatt of installed nameplate activity

Right. Per kilowatt. How much per kilowatt hour?

Why do you feel your huge math errors are too complicated for me?

View attachment 806059

Where did you go?

Still composing your retraction?

The maths is utter bullshit... Europe is doing this at the moment and it ain't costing that...

Europe is trying to bring in a law to allow your car to be a source of power for your house... This wiil allow charing at night at using the car battery during the day... this saves the consumer a lot of money...

US actual problem compared to Europe is the voltage.. US 110v makes the delivery of power considerably lower...
Europe's power grid is fucked, they're going nuclear as fast as possible, you're a fucking idiot.

Merkel fucked Germany over proper with that green bullshit. For years.

Bad leadership is bad. Biden and Obama are bad leadership.

View attachment 806059

Wind power plants were constructed with an average cost of $1,661 per kilowatt of installed nameplate activity

Hello.....is this thing on? (tap, tap, tap)

Hello.....is this thing on? (tap, tap, tap)
What is the difference between a kilowatt and a kilowatt/hour?

Hmmm. ... One is used to measure how much is generated... the other how much is used.
Now maybe this might help: $1,661 per kilowatt of installed nameplate activity
Definition of "nameplate activity":
Nameplate capacity means the maximum electrical generating output (in MWe) that a generator can sustain over a specified period of time when not restricted by seasonal or other deratings as measured in accordance with the United States Department of Energy standards.

Wind Turbines Running for One Year​

In 2021, the average nameplate capacity of wind turbines installed in the United States was 3.0 megawatts (MW) (DOE 2022a). The average wind capacity factor in the U.S. in 2021 was 34.82 percent (DOE 2022b). Electricity generation from an average wind turbine is determined by multiplying the average nameplate capacity of a wind turbine in the United States (3.0 MW) by the average U.S. wind capacity factor (0.3482) and by the number of hours per year (8,760 hours).

Calculation​

[3.0 MW average nameplate capacity] x [0.3482] x [8,760 hours/year] x [1,000 kWh/MWh] = 9,150,696kWh generated annually from one wind turbine.
The conversion factor for this equivalency statement is [your annual green power purchase in kWh]/[8,573,631 kWh/average turbine/year].

So to calculate the cost of a wind turbine that has a 3.0 megawatt name plate capacity would cost at $1,661 per kilowatt of installed nameplate
activity or which would mean 3 megawatt or 3,000 kWs. Or a cost of $1,661 per kW X 3,000 kW or cost per plant of $4,983,000 each.
Divide 526,360,300,580 kWh needed for projected EV cars/trucks per year BY 8,573,631 kWh/average turbine/year]
equals: 61,393 Wind turbines.
At a cost of $4,983,000 for each of the 61,393 WT needed to generate 526,360,300,580 kWh each year or: $305,920,954,353 to construct.

Therefore THANK you for asking the question as my assumption was based on considering that $1,661/kWh and that was wrong!
My previous calculations for Wind Turbines was incorrect according to the above calculations .

That still means trying to find where the $305 billion to build the 61,393 wind turbines.
The utility companies will pass this $305 billion on to the 123 million households directly through increased cost and indirectly to businesses that we consumers would pay for goods and services. In which case both directly and indirectly 123 million households will be an average of an additional $207/month to pay the utilities either directly or indirectly for construction of the 61,393 WTs to cover the additional 1/2 Trillion kWh.

What is the difference between a kilowatt and a kilowatt/hour?

Hmmm. ... One is used to measure how much is generated... the other how much is used.
Now maybe this might help: $1,661 per kilowatt of installed nameplate activity
Definition of "nameplate activity":
Nameplate capacity means the maximum electrical generating output (in MWe) that a generator can sustain over a specified period of time when not restricted by seasonal or other deratings as measured in accordance with the United States Department of Energy standards.

Wind Turbines Running for One Year​

In 2021, the average nameplate capacity of wind turbines installed in the United States was 3.0 megawatts (MW) (DOE 2022a). The average wind capacity factor in the U.S. in 2021 was 34.82 percent (DOE 2022b). Electricity generation from an average wind turbine is determined by multiplying the average nameplate capacity of a wind turbine in the United States (3.0 MW) by the average U.S. wind capacity factor (0.3482) and by the number of hours per year (8,760 hours).

Calculation​

[3.0 MW average nameplate capacity] x [0.3482] x [8,760 hours/year] x [1,000 kWh/MWh] = 9,150,696kWh generated annually from one wind turbine.
The conversion factor for this equivalency statement is [your annual green power purchase in kWh]/[8,573,631 kWh/average turbine/year].

So to calculate the cost of a wind turbine that has a 3.0 megawatt name plate capacity would cost at $1,661 per kilowatt of installed nameplate
activity or which would mean 3 megawatt or 3,000 kWs. Or a cost of $1,661 per kW X 3,000 kW or cost per plant of $4,983,000 each.
Divide 526,360,300,580 kWh needed for projected EV cars/trucks per year BY 8,573,631 kWh/average turbine/year]
equals: 61,393 Wind turbines.
At a cost of $4,983,000 for each of the 61,393 WT needed to generate 526,360,300,580 kWh each year or: $305,920,954,353 to construct.

Therefore THANK you for asking the question as my assumption was based on considering that $1,661/kWh and that was wrong!
My previous calculations for Wind Turbines was incorrect according to the above calculations .

That still means trying to find where the $305 billion to build the 61,393 wind turbines.
The utility companies will pass this $305 billion on to the 123 million households directly through increased cost and indirectly to businesses that we consumers would pay for goods and services. In which case both directly and indirectly 123 million households will be an average of an additional $207/month to pay the utilities either directly or indirectly for construction of the 61,393 WTs to cover the additional 1/2 Trillion kWh.

So your original number was over 8000 times too high?

Forum List

Back