Would you buy an EV produced with government subsidies and built by the UAW?

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
The dumbass Potatohead administration has allocated about $15 billion to the car manufactures for these idiotic EVs,

We know that Tesla produces somewhat quality EVs at a high price but what about the vehicles that GM/Ford/Chrysler will produce using the government money and employing UAW workers?

UAW worker that are demanding a 46% increase in salaries, only working 32 hrs but getting paid for 40 and a return to bloated pension so they don't have to contribute 401K?

How good of a vehicle do you think that will be? How much do you think those damn things will cost?

Would you actually reward the Potatohead administration and the greedy ass UAW shitheads by buying one?

I wouldn't. Hell I don't even buy anything produced by the UAW now, no less a government subsidized EV.

Last edited:
The dumbass Potatohead administration has allocated about $15 billion to the car manufactures for these idiotic EVs,

We know that Tesla produces somewhat quality EVs at a high price but what about the vehicles that GM/Ford/Chrysler will produce using the government money and employing UAW workers?

UAW worker that are demanding a 40% increase in salaries, only working 32 hrs but getting paid for 40 and a return to bloated pension so they don't have to contribute 401K?

How good of a vehicle do you think that will be? How much do you think those damn things will cost?

Would you actually reward the Potatohead administration and the greedy ass UAW shitheads by buying one?

I wouldn't. Hell I don't even buy anything produced by the UAW now, no less a government subsidized EV.
I wouldn't buy an EV – Period! But especially if it was produced by the Communists you mention above.

Last edited:
The Chevy Volt is under 25k I think.

The Volt is a tin can and starts, stripped down at nearly $27K, more like $30K with a decent package, and that is with Uncle Joe backing them with tons of subsidies. What do you think that car and its replacement battery you will be committed to buy will cost in a few years when you need them?

Meanwhile, I drive in luxury in a nice mid-size car LOADED with everything under the sun in a great condition used ICE car for only $4K.

Why in hell's name would I want a battery-operated shitcan deathtrap EV that doesn't go anywhere in the cold and has nowhere to recharge?

• Banned
The Volt is a tin can and starts, stripped down at nearly $27K, more like $30K with a decent package, and that is with Uncle Joe backing them with tons of subsidies. What do you think that car and its replacement battery you will be committed to buy will cost in a few years when you need them?

Meanwhile, I drive in luxury in a nice mid-size car LOADED with everything under the sun in a great condition used ICE car for only $4K.

Why in hell's name would I want a battery-operated shitcan deathtrap EV that doesn't go anywhere in the cold and has nowhere to recharge?
L-I vehicles that Potatohead is subsidizing is the Betamax of our time. You will find most of them in junk yards in the near future and the buyers will be say "how could I have been that stupid"?

Nobody is forcing you to buy one.

UAW worker that are demanding a 46% increase in salaries, only working 32 hrs but getting paid for 40 and a return to bloated pension so they don't have to contribute 401K?

You're going to...one day. It's inevitable. It's the march of technology. As old as time itself.
Memba when we used to travel around on horses?

I bought several Fords since the 08’ housing crisis engineered bu the Uniparty to rid R from office.

I felt sorry for USA business. My cars were assembled mostly in KC or Canada. Ive had no issues like the 80s 90s American cars.

the Jap KOR cars are good assembled in the US, but all the good jobs are in Japan or Korea. The US is the robots and dumping grounds.

No American semiconductors are it those foriegn brands For one example.

You're going to...one day. It's inevitable. It's the march of technology. As old as time itself.
Memba when we used to travel around on horses?
L-I technology sucks. The Environmental Wackos obsession with rushing to get one is dumb.

My son is not an Environmental Wacko but he bought a Tesla three years ago mostly as a status symbol in his upscale North Atlanta neighborhood.

He says it was a bad investment and he is getting rid of it and replacing with an ICE.

L-I batteries are fine for small tools and maybe even a golf cart but sucks for large vehicle for several reasons.

I am an Environmental Engineer that understands reality. I have nothing against battery technology if it works. I think that if Toyota can engineer this Solid State technology it will be very promising. However, L-I vehicles are shitty technology and all this government subsidy money Potatohead promised the auto companies is wasted.

Unless they are using it for short commute in a warm climate and they have a backup ICE vehicle anybody that bought a L-I EV will probably regret it.

I bought several Fords since the 08’ housing crisis engineered bu the Uniparty to rid R from office.

I felt sorry for USA business. My cars were assembled mostly in KC or Canada. Ive had no issues like the 80s 90s American cars.

the Jap KOR cars are good assembled in the US, but all the good jobs are in Japan or Korea. The US is the robots and dumping grounds.

No American semiconductors are it those foriegn brands For one example.

My wife's Honda Pilot made in a non union plant in Alabama and my Toyota Tundra made in a non union plant in Texas are great reliable vehicles.

My wife's Honda Pilot made in a non union plant in Alabama and my Toyota Tundra made in a non union plant in Texas are great reliable vehicles.

Understood. One of the top cars. But only assembled here. The good jobs (money, profits) and parts are over there mostly. I thought I was helping America more.

Understood. One of the top cars. But only assembled here. The good jobs (money, profits) and parts are over there mostly. I thought I was helping America more.
It is not my job to help anybody. I worked hard for my money and I want to get the best value for it. Honda and Toyota make great reliable high resale vehicles and I don't mind them making profit for giving me the best bang for the buck. I don't owe the stock holders of GM/Ford/Chrysler or the UAW jackshit.

In the 1950s and 1960s American vehicles were the best made in the world. However, those days are long gone. With the exception of some trucks most American vehicles nowadays are junk. I suspect these government subsidized L-I vehicles will also be junk.

Ford makes good trucks but I really think my Series II Tundra is a significantly better vehicle than any comparable priced F-150.

It is not my job to help anybody. I worked hard for my money and I want to get the best value for it. Honda and Toyota make great reliable high resale vehicles and I don't mind them making profit for giving me the best bang for the buck. I don't owe the stock holders of GM/Ford/Chrysler or the UAW jackshit.

In the 1950s and 1960s American vehicles were the best made in the world. However, those days are long gone. With the exception of some trucks most American vehicles nowadays are junk. I suspect these government subsidized L-I vehicles will also be junk.

Ford makes good trucks but I really think my Series II Tundra is a significantly better vehicle than any comparable priced F-150.

I was surprised how good my little 2015 Ford Fusion is. Nearly 140K and never needed brakes done. I did rear brakes because I think it was driven with the E-Brake on the freeway, yes by me.

no breakdowns but sun visors loose and i pulled both out. I’m taller so I do’ need em. Now headlier is coming loose there.

note: I had a Honda Element over 230K. Gave it to a poor tall relative kid registered insured one yr when transfered over.

i almost lost it all in 2010. I know what it is to have nothing. To be desperate. I pulled thru. Now I try to help more. I used to drive a lot in CA during the muslim. I needed good cars. Driving others + me to work.

Forum List

Back