What Are Your Internet Manners?

Is Being Abominable a manner?:confused:

No but he could live in a Manor.

:eusa_hand:

Could I get a smoking jacket, like Hugh Hefner?

hugh-hefner-and-holly-madison.jpg

thanks, most folks are good at heart like you when it comes down to it.
But please do not back on on giving me a hard time.
Not sure if I could handle that :D

There are a few folks here with whom I have regularly bumped heads. I acknowledged (privately) to one of them, some time back, that I don't deny that I can be an asshole! :D

To my surprise, my would-be nemesis acknowledged that he, too, enjoys playing the role of asshole from time to time.

And ultimately, since we aren't exactly crafting public policy by engaging in these USMB discussions, none of this matters very much.

Do you actually mean to say that I have not converted you to my political views with my thousands of posts?
Amazing....

Perhaps I am a failure at failing.

I still love that one :)

I think we should all be proud to have failed at failing. Well, at least those of us who have failed at failing. That failure thing is one area where it's not good to be too successful.

Joking aside, this conversational turn reminds me of a whole different thread.

It was once asked in a thread headline along the lines of "Have you ever had your opinion changed by something you have read here?"

For those with an actually open mind, those experiences (even though rare) are pretty informative.

There are a few folks here with whom I have regularly bumped heads. I acknowledged (privately) to one of them, some time back, that I don't deny that I can be an asshole! :D

To my surprise, my would-be nemesis acknowledged that he, too, enjoys playing the role of asshole from time to time.

And ultimately, since we aren't exactly crafting public policy by engaging in these USMB discussions, none of this matters very much.

Do you actually mean to say that I have not converted you to my political views with my thousands of posts?
Amazing....

I think we should all be proud to have failed at failing. Well, at least those of us who have failed at failing. That failure thing is one area where it's not good to be too successful.

It was once asked in a thread headline along the lines of "Have you ever had your opinion changed by something you have read here?"

For those with an actually open mind, those experiences (even though rare) are pretty informative.

I have modified my opinion because a a few posts on here. I have also learned a lot. for instance I learned about the "hitler" salute for the pledge of alliegance.

Amazing....

I have modified my opinion because a a few posts on here. I have also learned a lot. for instance I learned about the "hitler" salute for the pledge of alliegance.

People inclined to see Nazi symbols everywhere in all things American are often fascinated by the back (reverse side) of our dimes.
2005-Dime-unc-GS_reverse-public-domain.png
The rod in the middle composing the holder for the flame is made out of fasces. That's old Roman imagery. They used rods or bundles of sticks and it became a symbol of "authority." It is also the root of the word "fascist." They used to hold the axe blade, of course, seen more formally in the old Mercury style dimes:
Mercury_dime_reverse.jpg

Coin collecting is also cool.

Folks,
I have a bit of a correction here to make. I reviewed the offending PM and the offender did not actually wish me death just for pain to fill my day. Knowing that I am on pain maintenance and I am terminal.
Sorry for any confusion on it. In my anger i must have misread.

I am not too proud to admit my mistake.

All else it entirely correct.

Beat on me if you want :)

Folks,
I have a bit of a correction here to make. I reviewed the offending PM and the offender did not actually wish me death just for pain to fill my day. Knowing that I am on pain maintenance and I am terminal.

It's freaking amazing to me how serious people take this place. To wish you (or anyone that is ill) more pain because of an avatar............

Like this affects their life HOW? :cuckoo:

Now neg me for my avatar!

Folks,

It's freaking amazing to me how serious people take this place. To wish you (or anyone that is ill) more pain because of an avatar............

The Eagles???? I just might. :evil:

Folks,

Naah, and I do not even like football.

I very seldom let any comments on here get th me. That one by a certin poster did. And it is partly my problem for letting it get to me. Even when we know better emotions jump right out there anyway. A part of being human I suppose.

Well over 90% of the time I am having fun on here.
And I appreciate the professionalism of the staff as well. I have been on a board where certain staff members broke the rules sometimes.

My citation shows the correct way to place quotation marks for the situation you described.

Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks, even inside single quotes.

Yes, but only as to dialogue.

Watch:

Kevin said "Please take the trash out."

Now quoting the above:

Madeline wrote "Kevin said 'Please take the trash out.'."

The sentence I wrote as Kevin's dialogue has to be punctuated as if standing alone. That's why "please" gets capitalized even though it is not the first word of the sentence.

Now compare:

Kevin took the trash out.

Now quoting the above:

Madeline said "Kevin took the trash out.".

$5?

That is correct only as to dialogue. As to repeating the words of another writer (who did not write them as dialogue) the quote goes inside the period.

I'm putting $5 on this.....

My citation shows the correct way to place quotation marks for the situation you described.

Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks, even inside single quotes.

Yes, but only as to dialogue.

Watch:

Kevin said "Please take the trash out."

Now quoting the above:

Madeline wrote "Kevin said 'Please take the trash out.'."

The sentence I wrote as Kevin's dialogue has to be punctuated as if standing alone. That's why "please" gets capitalized even though it is not the first word of the sentence.

Now compare:

Kevin took the trash out.

Now quoting the above:

Madeline said "Kevin took the trash out.".

$5?

You ended two of those sentences with TWO periods.

That is erroneous.

I'm shocked and offended.

Irked even.

I love how this thread has become a debate on the proper use of punctuation.

:)

Forum List

Back