What Are Your Internet Manners?

I will not discuss it openly but the Administration has been quite satisfactory on this matter. I debated for a while whether to bring it up or not and then thought that I might help prevent it from happening to someone else.

I will not discuss it openly but the Administration has been quite satisfactory on this matter. I debated for a while whether to bring it up or not and then thought that I might help prevent it from happening to someone else.

That was very generous of you, uscitizen. Amazes me how depraved some people's online conduct can be.

On the subject of posting manners on here.
the PM's are much worse than the open posts.
I was recently wished to die a painful death by someone who will remain nameless.
Over an Avatar.

And they know I AM dying a painful death.

May their god have mercy on their dark soul.

We do need the ingore PM's from specific posters option.

Enough seriousness for now, back to fun.

Since I didn't do it, I guess I can ask this. You made some "veiled(?)" reference the other day to this being your "last" post of a certain kind. (I forget the context, frankly.) But it sounded like you were suggesting that you are terminally ill. Now it appears that you are saying that.

I had not heard about that before. Sorry to hear it at all. We may disagree a lot on things political, but that's just talk. As for real life, I hope that medicine makes a remarkable leap forward and discovers the cure for whatever has snagged you and I hope that happens damn quick.

If that is the case UScitizen, then yes, I would hope that USMB would be a support mechanism and an outlet for diversion and intellectual stimulation rather than a source of additional pain and aggravation. And prayers, good vibes, comforting thoughts, whatever you seek will be directed your way. At whatever stage of our lives we may be in, we are still alive for now and are thinking and feeling people.

I was recently wished to die a painful death by someone who will remain nameless.
Over an Avatar.

Since I didn't do it, I guess I can ask this. You made some "veiled(?)" reference the other day to this being your "last" post of a certain kind. (I forget the context, frankly.) But it sounded like you were suggesting that you are terminally ill. Now it appears that you are saying that.

I had not heard about that before. Sorry to hear it at all. We may disagree a lot on things political, but that's just talk. As for real life, I hope that medicine makes a remarkable leap forward and discovers the cure for whatever has snagged you and I hope that happens damn quick.

thanks, most folks are good at heart like you when it comes down to it.
But please do not back on on giving me a hard time.
Not sure if I could handle that :D

Over an Avatar.

That's a Relief.

As for 'manners on the internet' I have my own policies that I don't require anybody else to follow. I don't require gentile language though I do attribute more intelligence to those members who can articulate an argument without using ad hominem and personal insults. (I allow them to respond in kind without subtracting from their intellect though. :))

Once the ad hominem and/or personal insults start flying, I confidently declare victory in whatever the debate. :)

If that is the case UScitizen, then yes, I would hope that USMB would be a support mechanism and an outlet for diversion and intellectual stimulation rather than a source of additional pain and aggravation. And prayers, good vibes, comforting thoughts, whatever you seek will be directed your way. At whatever stage of our lives we may be in, we are still alive for now and are thinking and feeling people.

Thanks.
This place is a place of enterainment and fun for me. Some great folks here.
Many I would like to meet personally if time and physical condition permitted.

And please do not back off on giving me a hard time for my political views.
I did not intend for this to become a poor me thread for sympathy. Another reason why I debated and delayed in bringing the issue up.

I have had plenty of time to get my affairs in order and accept my coming fate.
Which is far better than many get.
and so far my mind still works pretty good for a left wing fiscal conservative ;)

Thanks.
This place is a place of enterainment and fun for me. Some great folks here.
Many I would like to meet personally if time and physical condition permitted.

And please do not back off on giving me a hard time for my political views.
I did not intend for this to become a poor me thread for sympathy. Another reason why I debated and delayed in bringing the issue up.

I have had plenty of time to get my affairs in order and accept my coming fate.
Which is far better than many get.
and so far my mind still works pretty good for a left wing fiscal conservative ;)

Well hell, I didn't say I wouldn't continue to argue with you. I'm not THAT noble. :)

That's a Relief.

Yep even for you Octopussy :D

Over an Avatar.

There are a few folks here with whom I have regularly bumped heads. I acknowledged (privately) to one of them, some time back, that I don't deny that I can be an asshole! :D

To my surprise, my would-be nemesis acknowledged that he, too, enjoys playing the role of asshole from time to time.

And ultimately, since we aren't exactly crafting public policy by engaging in these USMB discussions, none of this matters very much.

There are a few folks here with whom I have regularly bumped heads. I acknowledged (privately) to one of them, some time back, that I don't deny that I can be an asshole! :D

To my surprise, my would-be nemesis acknowledged that he, too, enjoys playing the role of asshole from time to time.

And ultimately, since we aren't exactly crafting public policy by engaging in these USMB discussions, none of this matters very much.

Do you actually mean to say that I have not converted you to my political views with my thousands of posts?
Amazing....

Perhaps I am a failure at failing.

I still love that one :)

No, we don't set policy, but we are the voice of the people here. And don't think our elected leaders--or at least those who are interested in the voice of the people--aren't reading the blogs. They do. Go to either the GOP or Democratic headquarters here in Albuquerque and you will hear discussions of this blog or what's buzzing on the internet that day. And I'm sure that happens at the national headquarters too. Those talking heads on the political shows are following along too and they know what's hot and what's not out here in internet land.

I don't really expect to change anybody's opinion or influence anybody much, but I figure if we continue to put out real information, real history, accurate evaluation, etc., maybe some will at least be curious enough to check out the information and rethink their positions on this or that. We can always hope.

I enjoy doing this just to test my opinions, theories, and beliefs. I figure if they can't stand up to evaluation, critique, criticism, and sometimes hateful attacks here, then I do need to rethink them. I have long believed and taught that if you can't articulate a rationale for an opinion--if you can't defend it--it's most likely wrong.

Indeed. Well said.

It does matter. The best "policy" involves how each of us decides to conduct oneself. Good self-moderation lessens the need for formal board policy.

Forum List

Back