What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

• I hate them all

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Homosexuals should be jailed or exiled

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • They should have no special protections

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • They should be protected under Civil Rights laws

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • They should be allowed to have Civil Unions only

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • They should be allowed to marry

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • They should be protected from any discrimination

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 30 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So how is not allowing people to marry the same sex discrimination against gays if heterosexuals can't either?

Give me a good reason why homosexual couples should be considered equal to traditional marriage under the law?

Don't tell me I have to prove shit, Im defending the status quo...it's already proven.

the whole problem with that is that there is no law telling gays they cannot get married the same way everyone else does, to the opposite sex.
If there is any discrimination against gays in that, then it also discriminates against heterosexuals too! I cannot marry my best friend, we are the same sex. So the gay lobby doesn't have anything to stand on.

So you better get on amending the constitution to include homosexuals as a protected class, start a religon called...oh I don't know, maybe the church of Venus or something, and claim your orientation is a religious matter, you could claim you are protected under disabled, because you're not a race of people, you're not covered under nation of origin, and you're not covered under gender since homosexual means you Are into having sex with your own gender.

Deliaro-Duh.

Let me repeat this for you very slowly, LJ!

Go and ask an adult what equal protection for all citizens under the law means.

Marriage is a state sanctioned legal contract. All citizens are of legal age can enter into a marriage contract with another consenting adult. There is no behavior stipulation that is a requirement for a marriage license. Homophobia is a behavior but there is no prohibition against homophobes from being married because they are entitled to equal protection under the law. Same goes for racists, cyclists, singers, message board posters, etc, etc.

Your post reeks of desperation, LJ!

When SCOTUS overturned DOMA they cited equal protection for all citizens. You are trying to invent a requirement where none exists. Gays are citizens and entitled to the same marriage benefits as everyone else.

Also, the state would have to make sure that only verifiable homosexuals are the ones getting married, otherwise we could end up with staright folks gaming the system for the benefits. You'd effectively destroy marriage as an institution if you didn't.

Maybe that's what you want, Deliaro-Duh?

THE COST OF LIVING IN THE HOMOSEXUAL ABOMINATION OF SICK SEXUAL PERVERSION=RUINED LIVES OF SHAME AND GUILT,ALL KINDS STD'S,HIV POSITIVE,AIDS,SLOW DEATH,HELL. GOD DOES NOT WANT TO SEE HIS CREATION DIE THAT WAY,BUT SATAN AND DEMONS LAUGH!!!!and you???

Also, the state would have to make sure that only verifiable homosexuals are the ones getting married, otherwise we could end up with staright folks gaming the system for the benefits. You'd effectively destroy marriage as an institution if you didn't.

Your should enroll in adult remedial education classes for social studies at your local community college, LJ.

Equal protection under the law means that everyone gets treated equally irrespective of how much they earn, where they live, what job they do, how little education they have (like yourself), etc, etc.

Marriage is a state sanctioned legal contract that provides certain benefits. Each state can define the age requirements and usually it is restricted to adults 18 or older and 16 with parental consent. There are probably restrictions imposed for anyone who is mentally incapacitated. The laws prohibiting inter-racial marriage were struck down because all citizens are entitled to equal treatment under the law.

You are obsessed with discrimination and seem to believe that gays must be declared a "race" in order not to be discriminated against. However the anti discrimination amendment stipulates that the law cannot discriminate based upon gender. Therefore the law cannot dictate the gender of the adults entering into a marriage contract because to do so would be a violation of the law.

Therefore you and your best friend could legally get married and enjoy the benefits of marriage if you so chose.

GOD HAS ALWAYS KNOWN THE COST OF YOU LIVING IN THE HOMOSEXUAL ABOMINATION OF SICK SEXUAL PERVERSION=RUINED LIVES OF SHAME AND GUILT,ALL KINDS STD'S,HIV POSITIVE,AIDS,SLOW DEATH,HELL. GOD DOES NOT WANT TO SEE HIS CREATION DIE THAT WAY,BUT SATAN AND DEMONS LAUGH!!!!and you???

Last edited:
As usual you've said a whole lot of nothing. Why should gay couples be given the same benefits as traditionally married couples when they are not the same?

You're scared to answer the question directly, obviously. Lol

Your should enroll in adult remedial education classes for social studies at your local community college, LJ.

Equal protection under the law means that everyone gets treated equally irrespective of how much they earn, where they live, what job they do, how little education they have (like yourself), etc, etc.

Marriage is a state sanctioned legal contract that provides certain benefits. Each state can define the age requirements and usually it is restricted to adults 18 or older and 16 with parental consent. There are probably restrictions imposed for anyone who is mentally incapacitated. The laws prohibiting inter-racial marriage were struck down because all citizens are entitled to equal treatment under the law.

You are obsessed with discrimination and seem to believe that gays must be declared a "race" in order not to be discriminated against. However the anti discrimination amendment stipulates that the law cannot discriminate based upon gender. Therefore the law cannot dictate the gender of the adults entering into a marriage contract because to do so would be a violation of the law.

Therefore you and your best friend could legally get married and enjoy the benefits of marriage if you so chose.

Last edited:
As usual you've said a whole lot of nothing. Why should gay. Ouples be given the same benefits as traditionally married couples when they are not the same?

In the eyes of the law they are just 2 consenting adults who are entitled to equal protection under the law.

The onus is on you to prove why US citizens should be denied equal protection under the law.

So far you haven't been able to even come close to anything resembling a justification. In fact all that you have succeeded in doing is exposing your ignorance.

Should you be discriminated against because you are woefully ignorant of the law?

Now De-Liar-O_Duh, you need to explain why only one sexual behavior, homosexuality, should be treated as a civil rights issue, but not beasteality, pedophilia, etc, is not?

Don't tell me animals cannot give consent, Ive seen dogs & cats raise their asses for humans & Ive seen male ones try to hump humans & human beings willing to let them do it.

So tell me? Why are gays special because of their sexual orientation & all those other perversions are not?

You will dance around the question as usual.

More dodging of the question with blah blah blah this and that. Answer the question or I will have to assume that you don't have one or that you're afraid to answer because you don't have a good enough reason.

Equal protection under the law doesn't mean gays get to get married just because they "love" each other. Not allowing same sex marriages doeant prevent them from loving each other. So, give me a reason & quit dodging, or you admit you lose the argument & it ends here.

As usual you've said a whole lot of nothing. Why should gay. Ouples be given the same benefits as traditionally married couples when they are not the same?

In the eyes of the law they are just 2 consenting adults who are entitled to equal protection under the law.

The onus is on you to prove why US citizens should be denied equal protection under the law.

So far you haven't been able to even come close to anything resembling a justification. In fact all that you have succeeded in doing is exposing your ignorance.

Should you be discriminated against because you are woefully ignorant of the law?

Last edited:
Now De-Liar-O_Duh, you need to explain why only one sexual behavior, homosexuality, should be treated as a civil rights issue, but not beasteality, pedophilia, etc, is not?

Don't tell me animals cannot give consent, Ive seen dogs & cats raise their asses for humans & Ive seen male ones try to hump humans & human beings willing to let them do it.

So tell me? Why are gays special because of their sexual orientation & all those other perversions are not?

More desperate groveling in the gutter, LJ?

In case you missed it whenever I have referred to marriage it has been between two CONSENTING ADULTS. Go and search the thread if you don't believe me.

I recommend that you keep your own perversions to yourself. Your obsession with what goes on in other people's bedrooms is a perversion called voyeurism. No one is interested in your sick fantasies and if you persist they will be reported.

What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom if their business. It doesn't interest me in the least.

Hahaha! You're still dodging as usual...Too funny to watch you squirm!

So what if you defined it as two consenting adults. The only reason gays have to get married is because "love". So why are you trying to deny people with different perverted sexual proclivities the right to marry who they love.

And also, So what if you define it as "adults", animals grow from babies to ADULTS, just as humans do. If you lay down with Fido & spread your legs, and he decides to bone you...that's him giving his consent & you giving yours.

So tell me why gays should be considered special out of the many sexual perversions there are out there, or admit you can't tell me why.

All your blabbering that doesn't address the question directly is proof your a coward afraid to admit you have no real answer.

Hahaha! You're still dodging as usual...Too funny to watch you squirm!

So what if you defined it as two consenting adults. The only reason gays have to get married is because "love". So why are you trying to deny people with different perverted sexual proclivities the right to marry who they love.

And also, So what if you define it as "adults", animals grow from babies to ADULTS, just as humans do. If you lay down with Fido & spread your legs, and he decides to bone you...that's him giving his consent & you giving yours.

So tell me why gays should be considered special out of the many sexual perversions there are out there, or admit you can't tell me why.

All your blabbering that doesn't address the question directly is proof your a coward afraid to admit you have no real answer.

At this point it is readily apparent that you have the maturity of an 11 year old and education of a 9 year old C student.

I am not being being paid to to be your tutor or to teach you manners.

You are unqualified to engage any further in this debate and your posts will be treated accordingly. Have a nice day.

delLiarO-Duh, doesn't see the flaw in her interpretation of equal protection.

If every law is subject to equal protection, then why do we have different tax brackets? She said it applies to income...why is it legal to tax people who make a lot of money at a higher rate than lower income people?

Gays don't QUALIFY for full marriage benefits, they do not fit the criteria for why they promote & encourage marriage in any way.

Marriage is there to provide stable families for children, it's a benefit to society to do so.

How do gays benefit society as a group? They don't as a group.

To compare homosexuality with bestiality or pedophilia is ignorant and hateful, as homosexuality is in no way related.

Moreover, laws prohibiting bestiality or pedophilia are applied to everyone equally, no particular class of persons is singled out for disadvantage, unlike laws prohibiting same-sex couples access to marriage law they’re eligible to participate in.

And unlike laws seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law, laws prohibiting bestiality or pedophilia are rationally based, are based on facts and evidence, and pursue a proper legislative end.

Consequently, your ‘argument’ fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Maybe Deliaro-Duh will understand this analogy: Let's say I'm an employee, and decide to fill out a 1099 tax form and try to claim more money than is due to me by filing as a contractor. Would it be "discrimination" under the equal protection clause if they were to deny me the fatter tax-return? No, because I don't QUALIFY. I am an employee, not a contractor.

You are stupid, Deliaro, that's all there is to it. If equal protection meant what you think it does, then I could do that & if they didn't give me the fatter tax return...I could claim discrimination.

Fail. Fail. Fail.

Gays can marry someone of the opposite sex. So can straights. Gays can't marry someone of the same sex, Straights can't either.

This is equality, there is no discrimination for either group more than the other.

Sorry Clayton, you don't get to decide an argument is invalid just because it offends you. NEXT.....

The law has determined which arguments are valid and which ones aren't.

Clayton's positions are all in accordance with US law whereas your puerile ignorance might as well be orbiting a star in another galaxy.

Forum List

Back