What are Hermann Cains negatives?

Cain's 9 9 9 tax plan is a big tax cut for upper income Americans and a tax increase for lower income Americans.

Conservatives might love that concept, but conservatives aren't the only ones who vote.

Try to convince the lower half of the economic ladder in America that they are undertaxed while at the same time you're trying to convince them that the wealthiest Americans are overtaxed.

Yes we all like the man, because he's a true conservative, and not a politician, but he doesn't even know the role of commander in chief.

Herman Cain comments on Afganistan War - YouTube

This video disqualifies him as a serious candidate...I would elect him to congress, but not the senate, and certainly not POTUS...C'mon, he thinks someone should explain what the mission is to him, when he's president.

Couldn't disagree more... THat answer was COMPLETELY appropriate. He's not been briefed by SecDef or SecState or even NSC.. You don't go off making decisions without being briefed. That's stupid and arrogant. What you DO is exactly what he said. You evaluate the GENERAL GOALS of the mission, how that relates to our Security, and THEN when you are completely briefed -- you make the calls.

LOVE that answer.. It's completely the right humble attitude about making INFORMED and IMPORTANT decisions.

Not like B.O. did -- shooting his mouth off about Gitmo and detainees, and war crimes and civil trials before he even knew the inner workings or reasons for Gitmo in the 1st place.

+2 An excellent post.

+3 Excellent Post.

As far as I can see the only real drawback for Cain is Foreign Affairs. If he picks a good VP with cred in that department and a savvy good cabinet then I think he'll do quite nicely.

Cains an intelligent savvy guy. No reason he wouldn't make a good POTUS.

I'd be willing to bet that Cain doesn't go all over the world apologizing for the US and I'll bet he won't bow to anyone.

Last edited:

Trollin again I see Swallow.

BTW, thank you guys for not being crazy Cain supporters, at least willing to listen to why others have concerns. Most conservative have legit concerns, unlike many of the liberals on these boards like swallow that hate that Cain is black.

Now now.

Enough of your offers. I've told you you before AvorySucksDick..no swallow.

In any case..Cain's a joke.

And his stupid 999 plan sounds like Earl Schieb. Who by the way, isn't black.

And I wasn't the first in this thread to even mention his race.

You racist queer son of a bitch. But I bet you have nice hair..and a great "soul" patch.

:lol:

C'mon Avory.. Have some faith in the TRUTH about our wars and occupations.. When you weigh the advantages of endless occupation and trying to rebuild a place like Afghanistan into a "stable opium producing state" -- a rational analytical person like Cain can only reach the same conclusion as WE have. Right?

You don't know what info is buried in the UNLEAKED WikiNotes. Wouldn't you want to be aware of ALL the consequences of your decision --- BEFORE you make it? I would. Maybe that's just my previous younger exposure to the workings of "intelligience community".. But I'm under no impression that I know the details of Afghan stability just from watching the 6 o'clock news.

I understand you want IMMEDIATE CERTAINTY about extracting us from all these decade long conflicts. I would like that too. But I wouldn't want to spark off decades of NEW problems and conflicts with an uninformed decision...

Cain's 9 9 9 tax plan is a big tax cut for upper income Americans and a tax increase for lower income Americans.

Conservatives might love that concept, but conservatives aren't the only ones who vote.

Try to convince the lower half of the economic ladder in America that they are undertaxed while at the same time you're trying to convince them that the wealthiest Americans are overtaxed.

The lower half as you call them are ZERO taxed... they need to just say thank you and move along.

^This exactly. His stance on Muslims actually scares me a little. It shows he's willing to neglect the constitution when it suits his religious bigotry.

Also, his ties to the federal reserve are a big negative in my book, almost disqualifying him from my consideration.

Other than that I have no problem with him.

His comment on Muslims in his administration doesn't bother me, but it isn't about religious bigotry.That is the only religion I can think of that has the radical element that sets their sites on the US. I don't think that is bigotry. It's intelligence. Throw out PC and be sure of who you work with in the administration.

If you are going to throw shoes at me, I wear a size 7.

Well they should.

You don't start circumventing the Constitution because you hate a particular group of people or religion.

This really should disqualify Cain from the Presidency. It's sad that it doesn't.

Religious, ethnic or racial litmus tests for government service have no place in this country.

This kind of PC will get you introuble if you carry it too far. I said RADICAL Muslims, just as I would not expect the president to hire Communists in our administration.

In the FBI and some sections of the government, Muslims would be and are a great asset to our governent, but it would is with stringent clearance.

Would you have expected German Americans and Japanese to become part of our administration during WWII? Common sense trumps PC.

The lower half as you call them are ZERO taxed... they need to just say thank you and move along.

So what percent of them would vote for Cain, and thus vote to raise their own taxes, while at the same time they're voting to cut taxes on the Rich??

Oh, and btw, since it's the talking point flavor of the month,

to target one class for a tax hike while targeting another class for a tax cut...

...that's what's called, by the Right's own measure...Class Warfare.

Last edited:

BTW, thank you guys for not being crazy Cain supporters, at least willing to listen to why others have concerns. Most conservative have legit concerns, unlike many of the liberals on these boards like swallow that hate that Cain is black.

Now now.

You racist queer son of a bitch. But I bet you have nice hair..and a great "soul" patch.

And after your big homophobic speech you start trying to describe how you want me to look... Not to mention it all starts out with you talking about engaging in sexual activities in the start, all on your own... Seriously Swallow, you might be gay, just saying all the signs are there.

His comment on Muslims in his administration doesn't bother me, but it isn't about religious bigotry.That is the only religion I can think of that has the radical element that sets their sites on the US. I don't think that is bigotry. It's intelligence. Throw out PC and be sure of who you work with in the administration.

If you are going to throw shoes at me, I wear a size 7.

Well they should.

You don't start circumventing the Constitution because you hate a particular group of people or religion.

This really should disqualify Cain from the Presidency. It's sad that it doesn't.

Religious, ethnic or racial litmus tests for government service have no place in this country.

This kind of PC will get you introuble if you carry it too far. I said RADICAL Muslims, just as I would not expect the president to hire Communists in our administration.

In the FBI and some sections of the government, Muslims would be and are a great asset to our governent, but it would is with stringent clearance.

Would you have expected German Americans and Japanese to become part of our administration during WWII? Common sense trumps PC.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51JuR92v4oI]Valor with Honor 442nd Documentary Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

So what percent of them would vote for Cain, and thus vote to raise their own taxes, while at the same time they're voting to cut taxes on the Rich??

That's easy.... NONE. Why would they? Paying your fair share always applies to somebody else... right?

Now now.

And after your big homophobic speech you start trying to describe how you want me to look... Not to mention it all starts out with you talking about engaging in sexual activities in the start, all on your own... Seriously Swallow, you might be gay, just saying all the signs are there.

Not in this lifetime..jerky boy.

AvorySucksDick..you are the first to "inject" the gay. And you've already described yourself as an avid fitness nut. Just a little embellishment gets one to a emo idiot who wants to gargle cum.

That's okay. Just not a personal choice for me..faggolita.

Oh, and btw, since it's the talking point flavor of the month,

to target one class for a tax hike while targeting another class for a tax cut...

...that's what's called, by the Right's own measure...Class Warfare.

And singling out 2% of the population for punitive taxation (the millionaire tax) isn't?

Gimme a break.

C'mon Avory.. Have some faith in the TRUTH about our wars and occupations.. When you weigh the advantages of endless occupation and trying to rebuild a place like Afghanistan into a "stable opium producing state" -- a rational analytical person like Cain can only reach the same conclusion as WE have. Right?

You don't know what info is buried in the UNLEAKED WikiNotes. Wouldn't you want to be aware of ALL the consequences of your decision --- BEFORE you make it? I would. Maybe that's just my previous younger exposure to the workings of "intelligience community".. But I'm under no impression that I know the details of Afghan stability just from watching the 6 o'clock news.

I understand you want IMMEDIATE CERTAINTY about extracting us from all these decade long conflicts. I would like that too. But I wouldn't want to spark off decades of NEW problems and conflicts with an uninformed decision...

Well I guess that is why I like Ron Paul, because I know where he stands, I don’t have to hope that my assumption of his future position will be something I like. That’s why I say if it were Cain next to Newt and Paul on stage Cain would just stand there and smile, because that’s all he would have.

He can't carry enough of the south.

Remember: the GOP broke the New Deal coalition and flipped the "Solid South" by appealing to white backlash over the Civil Rights Movement. I don't think racism is nearly as prevalent as it was 40 years ago, but Herman Cain would not be allowed near the nomination because the GOP depends on a number of sub-literate white coalitions who believe in a hierarchy of race. They believe that the success of white Anglo-Saxon Europeans is based on an innate superiority, and that "lesser races" are immoral, atavistic, and inherently dirty, i.e., closer on the spectrum to animals and not fit for leadership.

FYI: this does not mean that everyone on the Right shares these feelings. The majority of Rightwing voters would have no problem voting for Cain if they thought he was the best option.

Last edited:
He can't carry enough of the south.

Remember: the GOP broke the New Deal coalition and flipped the "Solid South" by appealing to white backlash over the Civil Rights Movement. I don't think racism is nearly as prevalent as it was 40 years ago, but Herman Cain would not be allowed near the nomination because the GOP depends on a number of sub-literate white coalitions who believe in a hierarchy of race. They believe that the success of white Anglo-Saxon Europeans is based on an innate superiority, and that "lesser races" are immoral, atavistic, and inherently dirty, i.e., closer on the spectrum to animals and not fit for leadership.

You just took ignorance to a new low.... congrats.

Herman Cain is now running away from his line about being unemployed being your own fault.

Apparently, now that he at least appears to be a legitimate candidate, he's going to start acting like one, in other words, he's going to add some song and dance to his repertoire.

Forum List

Back