What are Hermann Cains negatives?

So far, Cain has the executive experience on the national level, but questional about international level.

He's a business man as as one, he knows how the economy works and when regulations interrupt the flow of hiring and confidence in the business end of the market. He's a personal person and appears to be genuine.

But that isn't meant to say he has been vetted thoroughly. Look at what happened with Perry. The debate brought out his negatives quite clearly. I believe we need more debates to fully vet our candidates with how they understand the issues and ideas to resolve our problems.

So far, I like Cain and the nation is beginning to like him as well. As the name calling of Cain, he is hardly a dumbass. You forget who is in the WH. We want a candidate who will listen to the PEOPLE and not have a quiet agenda of his own that he puts before the country's.

I like his 999 program. Unlike Obama, he doesn't use the worn out solutions that failed to produce results in the past.

Newt Gingrich is another man with vision and has the success with Clinton on his resume. Looks like a good team...Cain and Gingrich..

That would make an ideal team, imo, also, but I don't think either could garner those 270 electoral votes to become the nominee...too bad!

His remarks about muslims in general are kind of problematic. It makes him sound like a religious bigot. He is also kind of sparse on specifics.

He will have to be closely supervised on middle east matters. Obama showed the danger of stating the regular positon in a way that made both sides mad, made both sides think they were getting shafted. Cain may just break the log jam there by threatening to shake things up.

I am all for him, but he does seem relatively naive in some areas. But his history suggests he will take drastic action to get things accomplished. Which in the current world may be a good idea, and maybe not.

I agree with this. That is why I say he could be a good President but when I watch him it's obvious he is lacking... Letting him off the hook would be very dangerous, that's why I call him out. If others want a President that only knows 2 subjects good for them.

What happens if Cain can’t pass his 999 plan? That’s right NOooOOooothing~ because he ain’t got anything else.

Yes we all like the man, because he's a true conservative, and not a politician, but he doesn't even know the role of commander in chief.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdLHaVY0FN4]Herman Cain comments on Afganistan War - YouTube[/ame]

This video disqualifies him as a serious candidate...I would elect him to congress, but not the senate, and certainly not POTUS...C'mon, he thinks someone should explain what the mission is to him, when he's president.

Downside?

My largest concern is his cancer history.. Better have a qualified running mate just in case..

THe other issue that could be a problem or an advantage is his training in math and physics. Analytical people tend to be good decision makers, but not great "leaders". They don't get the concept of explaining complex choices and decisions because they assume EVERYONE can do the math.. His 999 stuff is a prime example.. Like your Calculus teacher filling up the board with equations and turning to the class and asking "Got it?" -- "Good" "Let's move on"..

Cain has been given passes because no one took him seriously, what I talk about will come to the front if Cain gets back on time from using his bid for President to help sell his book. Very smart plan btw, maybe he can use that experience when he is President.

just wondering

The only one I can see, is his lack of executive experience at the national level.
Obama had zero exec experience of any kind, public or private.

C'mon, let's be fair. Barry was a veteran community agitator. Which took up the better part of his incredibly thin resume. Thus the rocky on-the-job training he's been experiencing.

But come Jan. '13 the Habitat for Humanity folks will be cinching up his tool belt and teaching him how to use a hammer.

As I have said, I hope Perry drops out, Mitt gets upset and leaves and it comes down to Cain, Nest and Ron Paul... Then you will see Cain just stand there while people that actually understand how the world works talk.

9.99$ buys you my new pizza inspired tax plan for America!!!

That's all Cain knows, oh and to build a giant fucking fence across the boarder, wonder how he wants to pay for that....

Brother, I don't think you have listened to the debates! Cain has been emerging because the man knows how to debate, get his point across and inspire people with his business know-hows!

You should support him instead of hating on him!

Perry ain't dropping out anytime soon. Ditto for Romney!

I'm not saying Cain can't be a bette4r President than Obama but he is nothing more than the loudest of the bunch. He has been given many passes and if you think Obama's team is not watching where Cain is weak you're fooling yourself. Cain can yell with the best of them but he is *kiddy pool shallow* on way to many important subjects and that is not opinion.

Cain talks about VERY few things, in fact he tries to relate almost everything to his 999 plan... At some point you will see what I mean, very soon you will start getting annoyed of him saying “This country is on life support, what we need is my 9… 9… 9… plan.”

To be sure, I would like to hear him speak of the Middle East and our Defense postures. I like the 9-9-9. Now let's move on to foreign affairs, immigration, and defense.

His remarks about muslims in general are kind of problematic. It makes him sound like a religious bigot. He is also kind of sparse on specifics.

He will have to be closely supervised on middle east matters. Obama showed the danger of stating the regular positon in a way that made both sides mad, made both sides think they were getting shafted. Cain may just break the log jam there by threatening to shake things up.

I am all for him, but he does seem relatively naive in some areas. But his history suggests he will take drastic action to get things accomplished. Which in the current world may be a good idea, and maybe not.

^This exactly. His stance on Muslims actually scares me a little. It shows he's willing to neglect the constitution when it suits his religious bigotry.

Also, his ties to the federal reserve are a big negative in my book, almost disqualifying him from my consideration.

Other than that I have no problem with him.

Downside?

My largest concern is his cancer history.. Better have a qualified running mate just in case..

THe other issue that could be a problem or an advantage is his training in math and physics. Analytical people tend to be good decision makers, but not great "leaders". They don't get the concept of explaining complex choices and decisions because they assume EVERYONE can do the math.. His 999 stuff is a prime example.. Like your Calculus teacher filling up the board with equations and turning to the class and asking "Got it?" -- "Good" "Let's move on"..

I would like examples at how well he selects his administrators and how he worked for answers in private business. When he wasn't sure of things, did he seek experts? We don't want cronyism any longer.

Yes we all like the man, because he's a true conservative, and not a politician, but he doesn't even know the role of commander in chief.

Herman Cain comments on Afganistan War - YouTube

This video disqualifies him as a serious candidate...I would elect him to congress, but not the senate, and certainly not POTUS...C'mon, he thinks someone should explain what the mission is to him, when he's president.

Couldn't disagree more... THat answer was COMPLETELY appropriate. He's not been briefed by SecDef or SecState or even NSC.. You don't go off making decisions without being briefed. That's stupid and arrogant. What you DO is exactly what he said. You evaluate the GENERAL GOALS of the mission, how that relates to our Security, and THEN when you are completely briefed -- you make the calls.

LOVE that answer.. It's completely the right humble attitude about making INFORMED and IMPORTANT decisions.

Not like B.O. did -- shooting his mouth off about Gitmo and detainees, and war crimes and civil trials before he even knew the inner workings or reasons for Gitmo in the 1st place.

^This exactly. His stance on Muslims actually scares me a little. It shows he's willing to neglect the constitution when it suits his religious bigotry.

Also, his ties to the federal reserve are a big negative in my book, almost disqualifying him from my consideration.

What scares me is the 80% of Muslins in America that love and support Obama....:eek:

Couldn't disagree more... THat answer was COMPLETELY appropriate. He's not been briefed by SecDef or SecState or even NSC.. You don't go off making decisions without being briefed. That's stupid and arrogant. What you DO is exactly what he said. You evaluate the GENERAL GOALS of the mission, how that relates to our Security, and THEN when you are completely briefed -- you make the calls.

LOVE that answer.. It's completely the right humble attitude about making INFORMED and IMPORTANT decisions.

Not like B.O. did -- shooting his mouth off about Gitmo and detainees, and war crimes and civil trials before he even knew the inner workings or reasons for Gitmo in the 1st place.

+2 An excellent post.

So I have Cain's future answer... "More and bigger wars." Because that is what they will tell him then need/want.

His comment on Muslims in his administration doesn't bother me, but it isn't about religious bigotry.That is the only religion I can think of that has the radical element that sets their sites on the US. I don't think that is bigotry. It's intelligence. Throw out PC and be sure of who you work with in the administration.

If you are going to throw shoes at me, I wear a size 7.

+2 An excellent post.

See this is what scares me… Posts like these 2.
We still don’t have a declared war and yet we are there. All you have to do is put it against the Constitution and BAM you have the answer but that way beyond Cain.
It’s that idea that there is information we the dumb citizens don’t know that allows actions like Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Libya to happen.

/shiver.

The only one I can see, is his lack of executive experience at the national level.
Obama had zero exec experience of any kind, public or private.

C'mon, let's be fair. Barry was a veteran community agitator. Which took up the better part of his incredibly thin resume. Thus the rocky on-the-job training he's been experiencing.

But come Jan. '13 the Habitat for Humanity folks will be cinching up his tool belt and teaching him how to use a hammer.
:lol:

Cain reminds of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtjdHaMeiiQ]1986 Earl Scheib commercial - YouTube[/ame]

His comment on Muslims in his administration doesn't bother me, but it isn't about religious bigotry.That is the only religion I can think of that has the radical element that sets their sites on the US. I don't think that is bigotry. It's intelligence. Throw out PC and be sure of who you work with in the administration.

Well they should.

You don't start circumventing the Constitution because you hate a particular group of people or religion.

This really should disqualify Cain from the Presidency. It's sad that it doesn't.

Religious, ethnic or racial litmus tests for government service have no place in this country.

Well they should.

You don't start circumventing the Constitution because you hate a particular group of people or religion.

This really should disqualify Cain from the Presidency. It's sad that it doesn't.

Religious, ethnic or racial litmus tests for government service have no place in this country.

You'd have to DQ over half the Presidents using that model.

Forum List

Back