Well Done, Mr. President

Did you need the President to give a speech to feel that way? Things must be worse than I realized in this world.

There is always hope. And we can always be united instead of divided. We just have to work at being the change we want to be in the world. If we stand and lift where we are, so to speak, we can do it.
Being united requires that each side compromise, something I haven't see much of in a long time.

What is the compromise position on letting the government run health care, banks, the internet, and industrial policy through cap and trade?
Whenever a party controls the presidency and both house of congress there is no need for that party to compromise. We have seen this over and over with Democrats and Republicans. If the Republicans swept the next election, you know quite well there will be no comprises just as it was in Obama's first two years. However, now power is split in congress. Nothing will pass without compromise which means there is a window of hope for compromise and unity.

Really?

Try the Nutters that blamed BUSH for 9/11...And by the way? WHY do you have to bring RACE into this?

*YOU ARE AN IDIOT*

Because, race matters. It's not a reality I designed, I'm just observing. Hiding that fact doesn't make it go away. Get real dude. Stop being so idealistic when it suits you.

You may be observing....But you made it a POINT. WHY?

It must be of some import to you for you to point it out.

Sorry. But you lose. Don't buy what your're selling.

Because it was a relevant to the point I was making... that's all. I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it though. I knew a con would jump on like a dog on red meat.

Last edited:
Obama unite, not in my lifetime. Obama's ideology in Marxism.

As far as the Obama speech, I will have to wait until I hear what Rush Limbaugh says.

That night was not about obama let it go.

Which night?

I was being serious, I have not heard Obama's speech, I will form my opinion of Obama's speech after I listen to Rush Limbaugh. Just so happens that the best place for the political news is Rush Limbaugh.

As far as the Obama speech, I will have to wait until I hear what Rush Limbaugh says.

Which night?

I was being serious, I have not heard Obama's speech, I will form my opinion of Obama's speech after I listen to Rush Limbaugh. Just so happens that the best place for the political news is Rush Limbaugh.

Last night the memorial service. In my opinion everybody should just take what he said at face value. But if he did do and say what he said for polictical points the shame is on him. Can't we just let this one go? Hell we have other days to to bust his chops.

Which night?

I guess you do have to explain which side of the political spectrum on which you fall. Nobody ever remembers stupid usernames like yours.

Which night?

I guess you do have to explain which side of the political spectrum on which you fall. Nobody ever remembers stupid usernames like yours.

Stop it

Giving credit where credit is due...it was exactly the speech that needed to be said by the nations President.
Sometimes the man has to be larger than himself and rise to the occasion, and Obama did just that.
Especially the last 10 minutes or so.
Well done.

Giving credit where credit is due...it was exactly the speech that needed to be said by the nations President.
Sometimes the man has to be larger than himself and rise to the occasion, and Obama did just that.
Especially the last 10 minutes or so.
Well done.

He had to tone himself down and bring the victims to the forefront. I think he did that for once.

So he might in some circles be UP ONE. He has alot of catching up to do.

I just don't trust him based upon his record. *PERIOD*

T I understand I don't trust him either but I will allow him this night, because there are other days that we can bust his chops. Tonight just isn't oine of those times.

He can have it. I DO NOT begrudge him of it either as POTUS....what he should be doing...but do NOT be suprised if these words ring hollow in the next few weeks...months, years....

He will NOT live up to them...so far? He hasn't.

well he can either take this and build.....or just keep the Status Quo....the balls in his court....

T I understand I don't trust him either but I will allow him this night, because there are other days that we can bust his chops. Tonight just isn't oine of those times.

He can have it. I DO NOT begrudge him of it either as POTUS....what he should be doing...but do NOT be suprised if these words ring hollow in the next few weeks...months, years....

He will NOT live up to them...so far? He hasn't.

well he can either take this and build.....or just keep the Status Quo....the balls in his court....

Exactly, it's time for him to build on something that he started last night. It will be up to him to keep the building going.

Like I said, there is no compromise position on that.

So do you think we need health care reform or no? Just wondering.

I think compromise on principle is wrong.

John McCain wanted to reach across the aisle. So did Bob Dole.

They were losers.

so those who want to bring people together,since togetherness is strength...are losers?.....you and Dean should form a club....."the Far Left and Right Brigade"....the Right are not the only people in this Country Revere.....

Which night?

oh geez....

His finest moment, no doubt.

He nailed it, and didn't use it for any agenda other than to heal and move forward.

This was, by far, the most Presidential he has ever been.

Totally agree.

The only problem was the length.

The Prez is the only one I cared to listen to last night and as you said. He was spot on with his speech. The rest of it seemed like window dressing to me.

Forum List

Back