Well Done, Mr. President

The speech left me with a feeling of hope, that maybe, just maybe, we can be united, instead of divided.

I thought Obama was supposed to start uniting two years ago?

With the likes of yourself, Willow and Stephie around, that will never happen. All he can do is appeal to his constituants and the normal conservatives. The uber neocons can just move on over........

and dont forget those wonderful FAR Leftist we have here Doc....like Dean.....they dont want nothing to do with coming together....Divisiveness is their game also........just ask Dean what he thinks of anyone to his right.....he wont be shy...

it's all well and good He spoke good words. WHERE has he been before NOW?

Does it take these things to wake some up? *I* still don't TRUST HIM based upon his record.

*SORRY FOLKS*

I do not buy into it.

I second that. Well said. He can't reinvent himself merely on the occasion of six innocent dead people.

He hasn't reinvented himself. He did something tonight that was needed and I believe he meant it.

Just let it go for one night and say well done obama you did good.

and lets not forget he was speaking at a Memorial not a damned Political Rally..........there is a time and a place for political criticism....this was not the place or the time........

The speech left me with a feeling of hope, that maybe, just maybe, we can be united, instead of divided.

I thought Obama was supposed to start uniting two years ago?

With the likes of yourself, Willow and Stephie around, that will never happen. All he can do is appeal to his constituants and the normal conservatives. The uber neocons can just move on over........

wow, thanks Dr. Grumpy. just had to get that cheap shot in there..:eusa_whistle:

You made me proud. You showed empathy and made many of us feel better. Thank you.

"One does not win by making others lose."

Just maybe indeed.

Let me see how's Hannity responding to it.

*crossing my fingers he won't be ignant*

Why would you think he would ignant? Most of us on the right do have a heart and don't always put party first. Tonight was not the night for politics. Maybe you should think about that for a moment, and what it means.

maybe the guy has learned something these past 2 years......

Yell maybe, but he still has a long way to go but he did good tonight.

So he might in some circles be UP ONE. He has alot of catching up to do.

I just don't trust him based upon his record. *PERIOD*

T I understand I don't trust him either but I will allow him this night, because there are other days that we can bust his chops. Tonight just isn't oine of those times.

Yell maybe, but he still has a long way to go but he did good tonight.

So he might in some circles be UP ONE. He has alot of catching up to do.

I just don't trust him based upon his record. *PERIOD*

T I understand I don't trust him either but I will allow him this night, because there are other days that we can bust his chops. Tonight just isn't oine of those times.

He can have it. I DO NOT begrudge him of it either as POTUS....what he should be doing...but do NOT be suprised if these words ring hollow in the next few weeks...months, years....

He will NOT live up to them...so far? He hasn't.

Sorry I missed the speech. I was watching something much more important... we finally got the first disk of Lost: Season 6 from Netflix and now I can start figuring out what happened. Please!!!! No spoilers in the thread to follow!!!

But really, I did miss the speech. Can anyone give me any highlights of what he said or do I have to wait until I go to bed, turn on CNN and hope I don't fall asleep before they start highlighting what he said?

Immie

Rerunning the speech on PBS, for those who missed it.

One time was enough for me. I kind of choked when they showed the picture of the litte girl. I hate that feeling.

Ughh! Thanks for the warning on that. I know what you mean about that feeling. I can already tell you that I'll be choking back tears at that point.

Immie

She wanted to play major league baseball and damn it she'll never get that chaces.

Forum List

Back