Weird, But I'm Not Surprised

Everyone is off but you. All bloggers, op-eds-here and abroad, posters. Only Modbert is reasonable. Right, dude. It's getting tiresome, you're trolling.

Nice misrepresentation of what I believe. Can you be honest for one post? It isn't that terribly difficult to actually try to have a conversation with someone who disagrees with you for you is it?

Whatcha wanna talk about?? :eusa_angel:

He said "as a whole"...which has a different connotation to "all"...

And on top of that, I never said the word all at any point. House is very similar to Annie, unable to have a honest dialogue about this. They're not willing for one moment to admit that perhaps their ideology is not as tolerant of homosexuality as they like to believe.

I've given the only proof thus far about the "tolerance" of homosexuality. 36% of Conservatives would vote for a candidate with the knowledge they are homosexual. Clearly, not all Conservatives are bigoted nor have I ever said such a thing. I am friends with Conservatives on here who are very open minded.

However, when a clear majority would not vote for a homosexual with the knowledge they are one, it doesn't speak well for the tolerance level.

and the conservatives or liberals for that matter on USMB, mean what? This is not a news site, it's a social site. Rather closed group at that.

Bloggers put themselves and opinions out there, for all to see. What about that don't you get?

An example of everyday people and their views. Just because there are a fair number of homosexual bloggers who are Conservative (no cited number either) doesn't mean Conservatives as a whole are tolerant of them. A good example would be the Log Cabin Republicans and the lack of support they've had within their own party for years. However, they will not let the bigotry and intolerance of others stop them from expressing their political views.

When a majority of Conservatives would not vote for a candidate with the knowledge in hand that the candidate is homosexual does not sound tolerant to me.

You just proved Annie's point...

The existence of and inclusion of the Log Cabin Republicans in national conferences destroys your inaccurate theory of "lack of support"...

Thank you for pointing that out...

Well Moddy, stalker, I didn't make it up.

Oh but you agree with it, otherwise you wouldn't post it.

You remind me of a immature 12 year old by trying to call me a stalker. Just because someone is willing to call you out on your obvious bullshit doesn't make them a stalker.

USMB is a good example of how many Conservatives feel about Homosexuals. Many of them, when they're not using slurs, they're comparing homosexuals marrying to animals marrying or kids marrying adults. Or other bullshit that is just so insane to even read. Or they're saying homosexuality is a disease.

I guess one can be "tolerant" when they consider the person they're talking to someone who needs to be cured from some disease or mental problem, eh? Give me a break.

USMB isn't a good example of anything having to do with reality.

give ME a fucking break. there are alleged *liberals* who will slur <insert minority group here> just as quickly and using the same words as the alleged *conservatives* do.

write this down- intolerant assholes run the gamut of the political spectrum.
no one has a monopoly on it- it's just whose side they're playing for that dictates whether or not they get a pass.

Keep spinning it, junior. Are you telling me NPR is not a touchstone of liberalism? Can you name other news outlets where a reporter wished Sen Helms and his family to get AIDS and die?
While you're at it, please name all the liberal organizations that condemned NPR and supported Williams.

So wait, one reporter is representation of an ideology? I guess if one person is representing a ideology, using you for an example, that makes all Conservatives sexists and racists using your faulty logic.

Again, this NPR and Juan Williams stuff is a non-issue and a red herring that is avoiding the real issue at hand.

Many Republicans, mostly social values folks, are indeed intolerant of the GLT population. To say anything else reflects either monumental ignorance or outright malignity. Having said that, even here toleration and some acceptance grow every year. We have American Sunni Muslims supporting Republicans here, and we have several outspoken gay GOP supporters as well.

This is a good thing, and some day the social values conservatives will learn to practice the 2nd Great Commandment.

And on top of that, I never said the word all at any point. House is very similar to Annie, unable to have a honest dialogue about this. They're not willing for one moment to admit that perhaps their ideology is not as tolerant of homosexuality as they like to believe.

I've given the only proof thus far about the "tolerance" of homosexuality. 36% of Conservatives would vote for a candidate with the knowledge they are homosexual. Clearly, not all Conservatives are bigoted nor have I ever said such a thing. I am friends with Conservatives on here who are very open minded.

However, when a clear majority would not vote for a homosexual with the knowledge they are one, it doesn't speak well for the tolerance level.

That's a mighty big accusation there. You have proof?

Oh and to the contrary, I find House and Annie quite honest. Who stirred your nest?

USMB isn't a good example of anything having to do with reality.

give ME a fucking break. there are alleged *liberals* who will slur <insert minority group here> just as quickly and using the same words as the alleged *conservatives* do.

write this down- intolerant assholes run the gamut of the political spectrum.
no one has a monopoly on it- it's just whose side they're playing for that dictates whether or not they get a pass.

Of course there are, and they're just as ignorant. Of course some on one side get a pass for it. Obama gets a pass for his not supporting Gay Marriage and repeal of DADT when if it was a Republican the Democrats would be hammering him. I think that's wrong and it's one of the many reasons I am not a Democrat.

Don't get me wrong Del, I am not trying to accuse one ideology of having all the bigots or that all or most Conservatives are bigots. I am merely saying that as a whole, they generally have not been supportive on LGBT causes and to say they are suddenly tolerant as a whole more so than Liberals on that particular issue is a dishonest statement.

Oh and to the contrary, I find House and Annie quite honest. Who stirred your nest?

You mean all those state gay marriage propositions were cut down by liberals? well colour me blind...:cool:

I think Modbert is being honest.

Despite what Del says, at the end of the day, most conservatives are religious, pro gun, anti abortion, anti gay rights. Not all for sure, but splashing out an op-ed piece on a messageboard and trying to give off that this is the 'conservative norm' is many things, but 'honest' ain't one of them.

I'm sure I can find a liberal who is anti-abortion, but I would suggest to you, they are not the norm for that political persuasion...

The OP is a strawman...

See post #4, second link.

I see it says ''some''. They didn't poll me...nor did they poll anyone I know..and I know a heck of a lot of people. hmm...wonder who was polled..

You mean all those state gay marriage propositions were cut down by liberals? well colour me blind...:cool:

Despite what Del says, at the end of the day, most conservatives are religious, pro gun, anti abortion, anti gay rights. Not all for sure, but splashing out an op-ed piece on a messageboard and trying to give off that this is the 'conservative norm' is many things, but 'honest' ain't one of them.

I'm sure I can find a liberal who is anti-abortion, but I would suggest to you, they are not the norm for that political persuasion...

The OP is a strawman...

Not all of either party fit the shoes made by the detractors.

I see it says ''some''. They didn't poll me...nor did they poll anyone I know..and I know a heck of a lot of people. hmm...wonder who was polled..

Well it's a good thing I never said all Conservatives are bigots then, isn't it? They didn't poll you just like they didn't poll the bigot elsewhere who wishes to see homosexuals stoned to death. The poll numbers are what they are. I merely posted them because I have found gallup to always be a good place to go for the approval/disapproval of something in my two years here.

The OP is a strawman...

I never said bert wasn't honest. I like bert, even when I don't agree with him. As for the other..so you are saying there are no lefties which are ''religious''?? I beg to differ. I know plenty, even have 'em in my family. :)

Well it's a good thing I never said all Conservatives are bigots then, isn't it? They didn't poll you just like they didn't poll the bigot elsewhere who wishes to see homosexuals stoned to death. The poll numbers are what they are. I merely posted them because I have found gallup to always be a good place to go for the approval/disapproval of something in my two years here.
Right. Just that Conservatives can say 'nothing' until the majority say what you want:

#10, this thread:

Modbert said:
So wait, conservative gay blogging sites equals what exactly? You're getting away from the argument that was being made in the article you posted and the posts that are made on USMB. You've been here long enough, we both know how many of the Conservatives on USMB feel about homosexuality. Let's not bullshit ourselves here.

When the majority of Conservatives are willing to vote for a homosexual candidate, maybe then you can come back and talk about how tolerant they are. However, until that point, on that point alone you have no basis to stand on whatsoever.

Liberals are capable of just as much ridigity and intolerance, Modbert. Ever spend a long plane ride seated beside a tree hugger or a PETA freak?

I was a whole lot more convinced of the righteousness of all my POVs at 19 than I am now.

I'd agree, most people who hate GLBT people are "conservative" or think they are...but not all conservatives share those values.

Right. Just that Conservatives can say 'nothing' until the majority say what you want:

#10, this thread:

Modbert said:
So wait, conservative gay blogging sites equals what exactly? You're getting away from the argument that was being made in the article you posted and the posts that are made on USMB. You've been here long enough, we both know how many of the Conservatives on USMB feel about homosexuality. Let's not bullshit ourselves here.

When the majority of Conservatives are willing to vote for a homosexual candidate, maybe then you can come back and talk about how tolerant they are. However, until that point, on that point alone you have no basis to stand on whatsoever.

I think accusing Liberals of being less tolerant of homosexuality when the majority of Conservatives wouldn't even vote for a homosexual candidate as according to gallup is pretty far-fetched. Wouldn't you say? I never said they couldn't say anything.

#10, this thread:

Modbert said:

and shoot! I just read this and realized he even threw in a 'maybe you can come back and talk...'

Liberals are capable of just as much ridigity and intolerance, Modbert. Ever spend a long plane ride seated beside a tree hugger or a PETA freak?

I was a whole lot more convinced of the righteousness of all my POVs at 19 than I am now.

I'd agree, most people who hate GLBT people are "conservative" or think they are...but not all conservatives share those values.

And I never said all conservatives share those values either. I have no inclination to sit next to a rabid tree hugger or someone who is rabid for a terrible organization like PETA on a plane for long hours on end while they rant about whatever.

Forum List

Back