Leftist demagoguery at its finest…

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Capitalist, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Capitalist

Capitalist Jeffersonian Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +211
    [​IMG]

(NY Times)- In a radio interview that aired on Univision on Monday, Mr. Obama sought to assure Hispanics that he would push an immigration overhaul after the midterm elections, despite fierce Republican opposition.
    “If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonnapunish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”
    Referring specifically to Republicans such as Senator John McCain, who are stressing border security and supporting strict immigration laws like Arizona’s anti-illegal immigration measure, Mr. Obama said, “Those aren’t the kinds of folks who represent our core American values.”

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JFK_USA

JFK_USA Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +725
    Don't the republicans help out the rich who support them with lots of money and then punish poor people because they don't vote for them. They do the same thing on both sides.

3. Capitalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Well if you read it again: "We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us".
    I would say he is threatening the Latino voters . If Obamasama thinks all Latino's want open border policies, he better get himself some new focus groups. He's starting to sound desperate.
    I'm not sure how that fits in with your remarks, since they don't make much sense.

4. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I guess he was not lying about Changing the discourse in this country. He just meant for the worse. Obama is the Great Divider, He uses racial, and class issues to divide us and play one side VS the other constantly.

Hope and change my ass. It is like he is on a mission to show every president before him how Dirty politics, And Fear mongering, and the blame game are played by a master.

What a disappointment.

5. snjmom

snjmom VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    He is a student of Ailes and Rove?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yeah, some post racial guy, huh? Republicans in back, Hispanics to 'punish their enemies', he just cannot fathom that the race card died along with the Blame Bush card. I mean really, one of them should be working...

7. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    We must define "dirty tricks" differently because I view it as campaign material that is deceptive. Doubtless Obama really does intend to pursue Amnesty for illegals....so where is the deception?

Fear mongering? In this election, no one can compete with the Tea Party and the Religious Right.

Blame game...*yawn*. SSDD. Reagan circa 1980-something: "Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem." Every politican since Adam and Eve demonizes the other side.

But I will say this: I'd agree not all Hispanics support Amnesty for illegals and about 90% of Americans oppose it. For good reason. I hope you all plan to light your candidate's hair on fire if they take office and support this suicidal idea.

8. Capitalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Depends what he means by "punish our enemies".
    Enemies? I thought to disagree was patriotic.
    Punish could mean anything from an IRS audit to a beating from a union goon.
    Very dangerous talk from the Commander-in-chief.

9. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    IRS audit? Do you often find it difficult to comprehend what you read?

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2."

This is an appeal to vote. Usually this is known as "GOTV."

10. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Apparently, in Capitalist's world, only conservatives and reactionaries are permitted to engage in hyperbole. If Democrats do it, it's a "dirty trick" or an "implied threat".