Weird, But I'm Not Surprised

Yet, none of that is what you posted with, until now. You are the one who's made it personal. You are the one trolling. I've no idea of your problem, but I'm more than tired of it, which I do believe I've made clear.

Actually, my posts stayed relevant to your posting habits. You're the one who accused me of having a obsession or crush on you. So no, you're the one who made it personal Annie.

If you're tired of reading my posts simply because I call bullshit on the articles that you post and agree with, then stop reading them. I'm not forcing you to respond.

Admittedly I didn't read the entire thing...but didn't it say 36%?? That is hardly most..and then again I wasn't polled....so that poll can't speak for me.

'' supposedly Conservatives now all being tolerant of homosexuals.''

What does that mean? You saying they/we are lying?

You may not agree with them, but, again I find House AND Annie honest.

I'm saying that the OP's statement that Conservatives are essentially more tolerant than Liberals on GLBT issues is bullshit. Simple as that.

New study shows party, ideology, frequency of religious service attendance and age drove vote on Prop. 8 | National Gay and Lesbian Task Force

The study found that four factors — party identification, ideology, frequency of religious service attendance and age — drove the “yes” vote for Proposition 8. For example, more than 70 percent of voters who were Republican, identified themselves as conservative, or who attended religious services at least weekly supported Proposition 8. Conversely, 70 percent or more of voters who were Democrat, identified themselves as liberal, or who rarely attended religious services opposed the measure. More than two-thirds (67 percent) of voters 65 or older supported Proposition 8, while majorities under 65 opposed it.

There are three “holdout” groups where voting patterns have not changed: Republicans, conservatives, and those 65 and older. The largest gain — up 16 percent — was among voters 45-64 years of age, followed by a 13 percent increase among voters 18-29.

Take that as you will.

at the risk of sounding homophobic, i'd say that a poll commissioned by a gay activist group might be a little less than unbiased.

Admittedly I didn't read the entire thing...but didn't it say 36%?? That is hardly most..and then again I wasn't polled....so that poll can't speak for me.

'' supposedly Conservatives now all being tolerant of homosexuals.''

What does that mean? You saying they/we are lying?

You may not agree with them, but, again I find House AND Annie honest.

I'm saying that the OP's statement that Conservatives are essentially more tolerant than Liberals on GLBT issues is bullshit. Simple as that.

New study shows party, ideology, frequency of religious service attendance and age drove vote on Prop. 8 | National Gay and Lesbian Task Force

The study found that four factors — party identification, ideology, frequency of religious service attendance and age — drove the “yes” vote for Proposition 8. For example, more than 70 percent of voters who were Republican, identified themselves as conservative, or who attended religious services at least weekly supported Proposition 8. Conversely, 70 percent or more of voters who were Democrat, identified themselves as liberal, or who rarely attended religious services opposed the measure. More than two-thirds (67 percent) of voters 65 or older supported Proposition 8, while majorities under 65 opposed it.

There are three “holdout” groups where voting patterns have not changed: Republicans, conservatives, and those 65 and older. The largest gain — up 16 percent — was among voters 45-64 years of age, followed by a 13 percent increase among voters 18-29.

Take that as you will.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I see why your panties are in a bunch; how dare anyone try and say conservatives are more tolerant on ANYTHING.

Yet, none of that is what you posted with, until now. You are the one who's made it personal. You are the one trolling. I've no idea of your problem, but I'm more than tired of it, which I do believe I've made clear.

Actually, my posts stayed relevant to your posting habits. You're the one who accused me of having a obsession or crush on you. So no, you're the one who made it personal Annie.

If you're tired of reading my posts simply because I call bullshit on the articles that you post and agree with, then stop reading them. I'm not forcing you to respond.

You are and have been stalking. Your fetish, not mine. I just am tired of it and am not going to allow you to keep saying troll, when I make posts. It's wrong. Period.

I can't stop you from stalking, but you can't stop me from calling you out for calling names.

at the risk of sounding homophobic, i'd say that a poll commissioned by a gay activist group might be a little less than unbiased.

Not sure who commissioned it, I may of missed it. I found those numbers posted on several sites and took it from the first one I found.

GLT » Race not deciding factor in Prop. 8 vote, study shows

Funded by the Haas Foundation in San Francisco – and conducted by Patrick J. Egan, assistant professor of politics and public policy at New York University, and Kenneth Sherrill, professor of political science at Hunter College, CUNY – the researches reviewed pre- and post-election polls, and precinct-level voting data from five California counties with the highest number of African-American voters.
“What they found was that it was not race and ethnicity that had the biggest impact on the election. It was instead some characteristics that will be unsurprising to many,” Jacobs said.
Through a precinct-by-precinct analysis and review of multiple other sources of data, the study also puts African-American support for Proposition 8 at no more than 59 percent, nowhere close to the 70 percent reported the night of the election.
Finally, the study shows how support for marriage equality has grown substantially across almost all California demographic groups – except Republicans.
According to the study, more than 70 percent of voters polled who were Republican, identified themselves as conservative, or who attended religious services at least weekly supported Proposition 8. Conversely, 70 percent or more of voters who were Democrat, identified themselves as liberal, or who rarely attended religious services opposed the measure. More than two-thirds (67 percent) of voters 65 or older supported Proposition 8, while majorities under 65 opposed the marriage ban.

Not sure what the Haas Foundation is.

You know what tickles the crap outta me? When liberals find a Republican homosexual they treat them like crap. Just like they do African American Republicans. Oh! and i might add Republican women don't fare well either.

Last edited:
Prop. 8 would never have passed without the millions of dollars dumped in by the religious groups, most notably the Mormon Church and the RCC. I don't think it was a fair reading of California's liberalism or not; I think it was fair reading of many people's susceptibility to fear-mongering propaganda.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
You are and have been stalking. Your fetish, not mine. I just am tired of it and am not going to allow you to keep saying troll, when I make posts. It's wrong. Period.

I can't stop you from stalking, but you can't stop me from calling you out for calling names.

Stalking? Wrong. Out of your last 25 threads, including this one, I've posted in four. Last 50, 6 threads. 12%. Considering the volume of threads I at least view, your accusation is beyond false.

Prop. 8 would never have passed without the millions of dollars dumped in by the religious groups, most notably the Mormon Church and the RCC. I don't think it was a fair reading of California's liberalism or not; I think it was fair reading of many people's susceptibility to fear-mongering propaganda.

Not true. that's liberal spin. The truth is the majority of African American democrats voted it down.

You know what tickles the crap outta me? When liberals find a Republican homosexual they treat them like crap. Just like they do African American Republicans. Oh! and i might add Republican women don't fare well either.

And you say I generalize.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I see why your panties are in a bunch; how dare anyone try and say conservatives are more tolerant on ANYTHING.

Actually, it has more to do with the fact that the statement was bullshit. Why mispresent what I say and believe? You don't see me doing it to you, do you? Think I can get just as much of a fair shake in return?

A little louder this time...

Moddikins... You DO realize that most Conservatives ARE tolerant of homosexuals.. The one's that really are NOT are so far right wing it's just as spooky as the far left wingers...

Surely even you can tell the difference?

Moddikins... You DO realize that most Conservatives ARE tolerant of homosexuals.. The one's that really are NOT are so far right wing it's just as spooky as the far left wingers...

and even then, some of the far right wing(aka libertarians) are also very tolerant of gays

Actually, it has more to do with the fact that the statement was bullshit. Why mispresent what I say and believe? You don't see me doing it to you, do you? Think I can get just as much of a fair shake in return?

You mean the statement by Tammy Bruce...the lesbian conservative??

Fair shake? LMAO! I post an op-ed, which was certainly fair game for you to respond to, but you chose to personally attack me. Then my posting style in general. Why? Who knows? You've been doing so for months. If you did it to all conservatives, well then you just would be a poor poster, but you seem to go after me. Again, your problem, but I'm tired of trying to ignore you.

I can tell the difference between social conservatism and conservatives, yes.

I'm merely posting the gallup numbers and the numbers from the Prop 8 vote. Do "social conservatives" make up a majority of the people voting no in your opinion?

Fair shake? LMAO! I post an op-ed, which was certainly fair game for you to respond to, but you chose to personally attack me. Then my posting style in general. Why? Who knows? You've been doing so for months. If you did it to all conservatives, well then you just would be a poor poster, but you seem to go after me. Again, your problem, but I'm tired of trying to ignore you.

I didn't personal attack you. I called it a troll thread since it is a BS article. You're the one who chose to say I am obsessed with you and stalking you.

Forum List

Back