Weird, But I'm Not Surprised

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Too many big gay conservative blogs to doubt:

On being out, proud and conservative | Tammy Bruce | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

...So, when it comes to my comfort level as a conservative who happens to be gay, here's what I know: while many conservatives are people of faith and their religion promotes a very different point of view than mine on homosexuality (and a few other things!), I have found conservatives to be more tolerant, more curious and more understanding of those who are different to them than I ever did when ensconced in US liberal leadership.

Are there religious extremists on the right? Of course, but they are marginalised and rejected. As an example, this year at CPAC (the Conservative Political Action Conference), considered the premier, annual conservative gathering in America, a speaker stepped up to the podium and began verbally to attack gays and lesbians. He was summarily booed from the stage by a conservative audience that refused to allow such bigotry to continue. ...

Too many big gay conservative blogs to doubt:

On being out, proud and conservative | Tammy Bruce | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

...So, when it comes to my comfort level as a conservative who happens to be gay, here's what I know: while many conservatives are people of faith and their religion promotes a very different point of view than mine on homosexuality (and a few other things!), I have found conservatives to be more tolerant, more curious and more understanding of those who are different to them than I ever did when ensconced in US liberal leadership.

Are there religious extremists on the right? Of course, but they are marginalised and rejected. As an example, this year at CPAC (the Conservative Political Action Conference), considered the premier, annual conservative gathering in America, a speaker stepped up to the podium and began verbally to attack gays and lesbians. He was summarily booed from the stage by a conservative audience that refused to allow such bigotry to continue. ...

:clap2: Good. It makes me feel lighter, to know she is being judged by the kind of person she is as opposed to her sex life. I am very supportive. :)

Seriously, Conservatives are supposedly more tolerant of Liberals about Homosexuality and Homosexuals? Troll thread.

Tammy Bruce is a right winger, so why her one blog post supposedly proves that whacked theory is beyond me.

Tammy Bruce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1996, the NOW Executive Board voted nearly unanimously to censure Bruce for what it claimed were "racially insensitive comments" during the O.J. Simpson murder trial.[5] After months of infighting, Bruce resigned as president of Los Angeles NOW in June 1996.[6] Bruce claimed that the censure was due to her focus on domestic violence, as opposed to defense attorney Johnnie Cochran's "racial issues" trial argument.[4] Since then, Bruce has written about the dispute in her critique on what she sees as the failings of NOW, and the political left in general. She believes that the feminist establishment in the U.S. has abandoned authentic feminism.[7]

She was all game with the political left until they turned her back on her for racially insensitive comments from the looks of it.

In 2004, Bruce argued that gay Americans were not uniformly supportive of same-sex marriage and stated that she respected the opinion that marriage should be restricted to heterosexual couples.[8] She described civil unions as an alternative providing equal rights.[8]

Civil unions do not provide equal rights.

Some Americans Reluctant to Vote for Mormon, 72-Year-Old Presidential Candidates

According to gallup, only 36% of Conservatives would vote for a Homosexual in a election knowing the fact of their sexual orientation. Sounds tolerant to me. :rolleyes:

Well Moddy, stalker, I didn't make it up.

Oh but you agree with it, otherwise you wouldn't post it.

You remind me of a immature 12 year old by trying to call me a stalker. Just because someone is willing to call you out on your obvious bullshit doesn't make them a stalker.

USMB is a good example of how many Conservatives feel about Homosexuals. Many of them, when they're not using slurs, they're comparing homosexuals marrying to animals marrying or kids marrying adults. Or other bullshit that is just so insane to even read. Or they're saying homosexuality is a disease.

I guess one can be "tolerant" when they consider the person they're talking to someone who needs to be cured from some disease or mental problem, eh? Give me a break.

Seriously, Conservatives are supposedly more tolerant of Liberals about Homosexuality and Homosexuals? Troll thread.

Tammy Bruce is a right winger, so why her one blog post supposedly proves that whacked theory is beyond me.

In 1996, the NOW Executive Board voted nearly unanimously to censure Bruce for what it claimed were "racially insensitive comments" during the O.J. Simpson murder trial.[5] After months of infighting, Bruce resigned as president of Los Angeles NOW in June 1996.[6] Bruce claimed that the censure was due to her focus on domestic violence, as opposed to defense attorney Johnnie Cochran's "racial issues" trial argument.[4] Since then, Bruce has written about the dispute in her critique on what she sees as the failings of NOW, and the political left in general. She believes that the feminist establishment in the U.S. has abandoned authentic feminism.[7]

She was all game with the political left until they turned her back on her for racially insensitive comments from the looks of it.

In 2004, Bruce argued that gay Americans were not uniformly supportive of same-sex marriage and stated that she respected the opinion that marriage should be restricted to heterosexual couples.[8] She described civil unions as an alternative providing equal rights.[8]

Some Americans Reluctant to Vote for Mormon, 72-Year-Old Presidential Candidates

According to gallup, only 36% of Conservatives would vote for a Homosexual in a election knowing the fact of their sexual orientation. Sounds tolerant to me. :rolleyes:

I have gay conservative friends, Modbert. Meh, what can I say? We're all older.

Well Moddy, stalker, I didn't make it up.

Oh but you agree with it, otherwise you wouldn't post it.

You remind me of a immature 12 year old by trying to call me a stalker. Just because someone is willing to call you out on your obvious bullshit doesn't make them a stalker.

USMB is a good example of how many Conservatives feel about Homosexuals. Many of them, when they're not using slurs, they're comparing homosexuals marrying to animals marrying or kids marrying adults. Or other bullshit that is just so insane to even read. Or they're saying homosexuality is a disease.

I guess one can be "tolerant" when they consider the person they're talking to someone who needs to be cured from some disease or mental problem, eh? Give me a break.

You do have a clue to how many conservative gay blogging sites there are, right? I mean you wouldn't just be having a conniption to be a cool 'liberal' with all those perfect feelings of empathy and brotherhood, right?

You do have a clue to how many conservative gay blogging sites there are, right? I mean you wouldn't just be having a conniption to be a cool 'liberal' with all those perfect feelings of empathy and brotherhood, right?

So wait, conservative gay blogging sites equals what exactly? You're getting away from the argument that was being made in the article you posted and the posts that are made on USMB. You've been here long enough, we both know how many of the Conservatives on USMB feel about homosexuality. Let's not bullshit ourselves here.

When the majority of Conservatives are willing to vote for a homosexual candidate, maybe then you can come back and talk about how tolerant they are. However, until that point, on that point alone you have no basis to stand on whatsoever.

Dogbert is in meltdown mode... a week early....

Sad, actually....

Not at all. But here comes House once again trying to insult his way to Annie's rescue. Nothing I said was inaccurate, or do you care to object to something I said with real evidence?

I don't have any gay friends or relatives...( to my knowledge ) :lol:

Well, Junior. After NPR's handling of Juan Williams I never want to hear how much more tolerant liberals are than conservatives. It has been proven an outright lie.
So take that with your milk and cookies before bedtime.

Well, Junior. After NPR's handling of Juan Williams I never want to hear how much more tolerant liberals are than conservatives. It has been proven an outright lie.
So take that with your milk and cookies before bedtime.

Just the person to chime in about tolerance of others, the sexist racist Rabbi. Never mind the fact you want to judge an entire group of people on the basis of one or two people's decisions.

$IronyMeterSplode.jpg

So wait, conservative gay blogging sites equals what exactly? You're getting away from the argument that was being made in the article you posted and the posts that are made on USMB. You've been here long enough, we both know how many of the Conservatives on USMB feel about homosexuality. Let's not bullshit ourselves here.

When the majority of Conservatives are willing to vote for a homosexual candidate, maybe then you can come back and talk about how tolerant they are. However, until that point, on that point alone you have no basis to stand on whatsoever.

What a fucking idiotic reply... Talk about fucking bullshit...

The vast majority of conservatives on this site don't give a flying fuck what homosexuals do or how they live their lives... That doesn't mean they agree with it, but they don't want them to stop being gay, you asshat...

Someday you'll grow up... PM me when you think it might happen, you troll....

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
What a fucking idiotic reply... Talk about fucking bullshit...

The vast majority of conservatives on this site don't give a flying fuck what homosexuals do or how they live their lives... That doesn't mean they agree with it, but they don't want them to stop being gay, you asshat...

Someday you'll grow up... PM me when you think it might happen, you troll....

What evidence do you cite? Was there a poll taken and I missed it? Least I was honest enough to accurately say many and not try to make claims by pulling them out of my ass.

Only one trolling here is Annie and now yourself. Seems whenever I call out Annie out on her bullshit, you aren't far behind with some snarky reply instead of a real response.

and the conservatives or liberals for that matter on USMB, mean what? This is not a news site, it's a social site. Rather closed group at that.

Bloggers put themselves and opinions out there, for all to see. What about that don't you get?

I don't have any gay friends or relatives...( to my knowledge ) :lol:

The men seem more likely to "convert" than the women. In fact, now that I think on it, all my men friends are in the GOP, gay and straight.

Pretty much all of us were radicals in our youth, but hey, it was the 1960's and 1970's.

Forum List

Back