N.Y.-Born Man Arrested in Plot to 'Wage Jihad'

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
NEW YORK -- A New York City-born man was ordered to return from Hawaii where he was arrested on charges he tried to join the U.S. military at a Times Square recruiting station so he could he could be deployed to Iraq, desert and fight with anti-American insurgency forces.

Abdel Hameed Shehadeh, 21, was charged with making false statements in the midst of a New York-based terrorism investigation, authorities said Monday.

The complaint said under questioning, he admitted that one of his Web sites was "designed to mirror and reformat the teachings of radical U.S.-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki" and "that in the past, he agreed with and sympathized with Al Qaeda's violent jihad against the West."

N.Y.-Born Man Arrested in Plot to 'Wage Jihad' - FoxNews.com

These homegrown jihadists love to brag about this shit on the internet.

Congrats again JTTF.

Oh my. Another one on Wed.

A former Staten Island man was busted in Washington on Wednesday for helping what he thought were Al Qaeda terrorists plotting to bomb the capital's subways.

It was really the FBI stringing him along, the feds say.

Farooque Ahmed, 34, a computer engineer who lives with his wife and baby in suburban Virginia, was accused of making sketches and surveillance videos of busy subway stops near the Pentagon and tourist-packed Arlington Cemetery.

The stations Ahmed helped case are popular with Defense Department workers. He thought the stations would be blown up sometime next year, the indictment says.

His goal was "killing as many Metro riders as possible through simultaneous bomb attacks
," U.S. Attorney Neil MacBride said. "It's chilling."

Much like the four men convicted this month of plotting to attack a Bronx synagogue, Ahmed was stung by an undercover FBI operation and never met any real terrorists.

A neighbor named Beverly who lives in the other half of their duplex said she was shocked. "They're God-fearing people, very nice people. This is unbelieveable," she said.

Read more: Accused D.C. bomb plotter Farooque Ahmed's goal was 'killing as many Metro riders as possible'

People are getting pretty fucking sick of this.

These guys are Muslim Americans born in the US. Guess the Muslims aren't integrating well into American Society even if they are born here.

I wonder if Baharhar will demand the accusers come to the Bronx so she can say Muslims even home grown Muslims aren't trying to kill Americans.

Womans a moron.

These guys are Muslim Americans born in the US. Guess the Muslims aren't integrating well into American Society even if they are born here.

I wonder if Baharhar will demand the accusers come to the Bronx so she can say Muslims even home grown Muslims aren't trying to kill Americans.

Womans a moron.

Because of course that statement makes sense and the vast majority of muslims in this country don't actually pay taxes and abide by our laws. :cuckoo:

That guy was a moron.

Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to telegraph your intent to the government in the ways this guy did?

Womans a moron.

Ok, here we go again. Muslim this, Jihad that.. Christ, just how stupid are you people?

Too bad R/teapartiers can't think about anything else. They need to work on jobs and the economy which they've been howling about for two years now. They should have been working on it ten years ago.

NEW YORK -- A New York City-born man was ordered to return from Hawaii where he was arrested on charges he tried to join the U.S. military at a Times Square recruiting station so he could he could be deployed to Iraq, desert and fight with anti-American insurgency forces.

Abdel Hameed Shehadeh, 21, was charged with making false statements in the midst of a New York-based terrorism investigation, authorities said Monday.

The complaint said under questioning, he admitted that one of his Web sites was "designed to mirror and reformat the teachings of radical U.S.-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki" and "that in the past, he agreed with and sympathized with Al Qaeda's violent jihad against the West."

Congrats again JTTF.

Thank God we have a President who knows how to deal with the real terrorists, instead of a presidunce who allows Bin Laden to escape:clap2:

Womans a moron.

Because of course that statement makes sense and the vast majority of muslims in this country don't actually pay taxes and abide by our laws. :cuckoo:

I don't know about the vast majority of Muslims... but you don't hear a lot about non-Muslims plotting terror attacks or wanting to join their brothers overseas for violent jihad, and it does seem that Muslims are particularly prone to easy radicalization...:eusa_whistle:

Womans a moron.

I don't know about the vast majority of Muslims... but you don't hear a lot about non-Muslims plotting terror attacks or wanting to join their brothers overseas for violent jihad, and it does seem that Muslims are particularly prone to easy radicalization...:eusa_whistle:

"it does seem that Muslims are particularly prone to easy radicalization"

something in common with the baggers.
Downright Mavericky.
You betcha.

Downright Mavericky.
You betcha.

Then why the fuck are their homegrown Jihadis in every country with a significant Muslim population? Britain, France, Germany, practically all of the Middle East, even in Australia. And now here in America. Not all Muslims are Jihadis, but wherever there is a Muslim community, increasingly there are Jihadis and homegrown terrorists. And don't try to use Timothy McVeigh as a red herring on this!

Downright Mavericky.
You betcha.

I'm a realist, and you are off your rocker and in denial if you think I'm at all wrong.:cuckoo:

This saddens me.

Every time an african-american robs a liquor store, every time a latino gang member is involved in a drive-by, every time a disenfranchised muslim decides to take innocent lives... we will never make progress as a people if we continue to judge entire groups of people based on these actions.

It frustrates me sometimes that members of these groups don't have more pride for themselves, for their community, to actually do something to bridge the gaps plaguing our society.

To quote one of my favorite films, Crash: "You embarrass me, you embarrass yourself."

Congrats again JTTF.

Thank God we have a President who knows how to deal with the real terrorists, instead of a presidunce who allows Bin Laden to escape:clap2:

Like Clinton allowed OBL to escape and he went onto carry out 9-11?

Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities - Nightly News - msnbc.com

Downright Mavericky.
You betcha.

Then why the fuck are their homegrown Jihadis in every country with a significant Muslim population? Britain, France, Germany, practically all of the Middle East, even in Australia. And now here in America. Not all Muslims are Jihadis, but wherever there is a Muslim community, increasingly there are Jihadis and homegrown terrorists. And don't try to use Timothy McVeigh as a red herring on this!

Timothy McVeigh a "red herring"?? Do yourself a favor and visit Oklahoma City. You'll see how much of a "red herring" that idiot was..

This saddens me.

Every time an african-american robs a liquor store, every time a latino gang member is involved in a drive-by, every time a disenfranchised muslim decides to take innocent lives... we will never make progress as a people if we continue to judge entire groups of people based on these actions.

It frustrates me sometimes that members of these groups don't have more pride for themselves, for their community, to actually do something to bridge the gaps plaguing our society.

To quote one of my favorite films, Crash: "You embarrass me, you embarrass yourself."

Fuck your shameless red herring.

I don't see home-grown Hispanics or African Americans plotting violent terrorist attacks in general. You look to just about every country with a home-grown Muslim community and you see it. How do you bridge the gaps? If someone is that irrational that they would declare war on the system that raised them, how can you really reason with them?
Be nicer to them? Pisses them off. Be tougher to them? Pisses them off. You can't reason with hate.

Downright Mavericky.
You betcha.

Timothy McVeigh a "red herring"?? Do yourself a favor and visit Oklahoma City. You'll see how much of a "red herring" that idiot was..

Visit any of the tenfold terrorist attacks committed by radical Muslims, and tell me it's not a red herring.:cuckoo:

This saddens me.

I don't see home-grown Hispanics or African Americans plotting violent terrorist attacks in general. You look to just about every country with a home-grown Muslim community and you see it. How do you bridge the gaps? If someone is that irrational that they would declare war on the system that raised them, how can you really reason with them?
Be nicer to them? Pisses them off. Be tougher to them? Pisses them off.

You can't reason with hate.

Your last sentence is correct. So I won't attempt to.

This saddens me.

Be nicer to them? Pisses them off. Be tougher to them? Pisses them off.

You can't reason with hate.

Your last sentence is correct. So I won't attempt to.
Good. You'll either be blown up or forced to convert... look to Europe.

Forum List

Back