Zone1 Website Usage

No, it wasn't my thread. I came across one that got shut down the same day it was created, with the explanation by the mod using the term, "the use of commercial sites" It was the Washington Times.

Shouldn't have happened if it was the Washington Times. You should find the thread and contact me or other mods to review this.

If you tell me what thread that was -- I can explain with more confidence. But I GUESS what the mod meant by COMMERCIAL was sites that SELL stuff. We dont like folks pushing products on USMB because it's hard enough to keep the couple dozen Asian/Russian spam artists we get everyday joining here to sell (USUALLY) illegal products.

You can use links from MOST every news, analysis, website that you want -- if you're not involved in trying to post ads for stuff on USMB.
I can't remember the exact thread, but the OP had a link to Washington Times and the moderator shut the thread down because of "commercial" link was used.

If you tell me what thread that was -- I can explain with more confidence. But I GUESS what the mod meant by COMMERCIAL was sites that SELL stuff. We dont like folks pushing products on USMB because it's hard enough to keep the couple dozen Asian/Russian spam artists we get everyday joining here to sell (USUALLY) illegal products.

You can use links from MOST every news, analysis, website that you want -- if you're not involved in trying to post ads for stuff on USMB.
Do you guys (mods/admins) have access to what threads have been shut down, not deleted? I could possibly find the thread there in (cut and paste) job. As it was random looksies when I came across that thread.

Yeah me too. The moderator stated this, I looked at the link in question and it was one from the Washington Times. Is this what one is, what the mod considers to be?

Might be worth talking with other mods about it, usually that gets things sorted.

Do you guys (mods/admins) have access to what threads have been shut down, not deleted? I could possibly find the thread there in (cut and paste) job. As it was random looksies when I came across that thread.

THere's notes in every thread on mod actions and there's one GIANT log that condenses every action. But it's impossible to find a thread closure amongst all the post deletions and "spam bans" and other clutter.

I DID check the Politics forum for closed threads. You can also see a "lock" icon on closed threads that moderators also see. There were NO threads closed in there since sometime last night.

Do you remember the FORUM it was in?

THere's notes in every thread on mod actions and there's one GIANT log that condenses every action. But it's impossible to find a thread closure amongst all the post deletions and "spam bans" and other clutter.

I DID check the Politics forum for closed threads. You can also see a "lock" icon on closed threads that moderators also see. There were NO threads closed in there since sometime last night.

Do you remember the FORUM it was in?

Good Morning!

Perhaps it was this one...

Screen Shot 172.jpg

Last edited:
Good Morning!

View attachment 708531

Thanks for pointing that out. I got thrown off course by it being a link to the Wash Examiner.

Next Time -- I think member Natural Citizen is probably right. Could be confusing if one thought the close was because of the links to the media sites. The links in question were scattered in some OPosts that member made in Clean Debate Forum. Here's a link to one I closed for multiple reasons - not just the advertisement.

The problem was NOT the MEDIA link at the top of the OPost. It's the links BELOW that topical link that were the problem. Not the first time USMB moderation has asked the member not to link his "app" or promote it on USMB..

Yeah me too. The moderator stated this, I looked at the link in question and it was one from the Washington Times. Is this what one is, what the mod considers to be?
If it was the Wa. Post, it's a pay site, where a poster has to subscribe financially to be able to read that sourced link.
This might explain what a mod was trying to relay.

If it was the Wa. Post, it's a pay site, where a poster has to subscribe financially to be able to read that sourced link.
This might explain what a mod was trying to relay.
Ah, but of course. The old paywall to view trick. But I clicked on the link and could view it, without that paywall, and I don't subscribe to it. So it wouldn't have been that.

Good Morning!

View attachment 708531
NOW it all makes sense!

Having it be something flac did is the surest way to ensure he can't find it.

This is the one, and in the upper right corner it wants you to give a gift.

Forum List

Back