Zone1 Website Usage

Next Time

Platinum Member
Oct 5, 2022
Between the Indian and Pacific Oceans
Can clarification be given as to what websites, ie news/media to back a thread/post created? As I came across a thread that was created today and shut down after a few posts. One point brought up by the mod that shut the thread down asked not to use "commercial sites". If it's in the public domain for all to access and view then what is the problem with providing a link to the commercial news site? It is not Copywrite infringement, or is it not?

Well..........................you get into some messy territory here.

As there ARE "written rules" on this site, not all the mods care about them.
Most mods are preferable to certain people on here, while they knock others down.....even though many of the other people on here will say and post the exact same things and nothing happens to them.

You're really just taking "pot shots" when you post something, regardless of what it is.

I've seen a thread get shut down because the poster didn't post a link backing up their information. So they post their backup information and get shut down. Then the next day someone else posts the exact same thing, with no back up information.........and their thread was never shut down.

All you can do is post what you post and see what happens, rules be damned.

Well..........................you get into some messy territory here.

As there ARE "written rules" on this site, not all the mods care about them.
Most mods are preferable to certain people on here, while they knock others down.....even though many of the other people on here will say and post the exact same things and nothing happens to them.

You're really just taking "pot shots" when you post something, regardless of what it is.

I've seen a thread get shut down because the poster didn't post a link backing up their information. So they post their backup information and get shut down. Then the next day someone else posts the exact same thing, with no back up information.........and their thread was never shut down.

All you can do is post what you post and see what happens, rules be damned.
That's why clarification is needed, what you describe seems a WHOLE lot of grey area and the black and white areas are just a pixel in thickness.

That's why clarification is needed, what you describe seems a WHOLE lot of grey area and the black and white areas are just a pixel in thickness.

According to the little bit of information I've gotten from one mod (they do NOT like answering questions, it pisses them off)........
Each mod "does their own thing". They don't confer with each other or talk to each other. They pretty much do as they please and the owner or owners of this site don't give a rats ass how prejudiced, bigoted, or one sided they are to the people on here.

Hope that helps.

According to the little bit of information I've gotten from one mod (they do NOT like answering questions, it pisses them off)........
Each mod "does their own thing". They don't confer with each other or talk to each other. They pretty much do as they please and the owner or owners of this site don't give a rats ass how prejudiced, bigoted, or one sided they are to the people on here.

Hope that helps.
So it's a do as I say, not as I do sort of regime running things here? Thanks for making the puddle of mud a little more translucent.

I don't know what ''commercial site'' you're talking about, but I'm going to assume it's a source which requires an app to read the content. If so, that actually opens up a whole new set of problematic and conflicting outliers in the scheme of things and from a platform vs platform perspective.

For instance, it's quite annoying, in my view, when content from the Apple News app is linked in an OP as a source.

You waste the time clicking the thread to see what it is, then clicking the link itself, only to get a popup saying you have to allow Apple News app in order to read it.

I have the Apple News app disabled for a reason. I reject its app specific TOS, for one thing. lol. It's bad enough I have to follow one set of rules on here, I'll be darned if I'm going to agree to Apple News TOS just to read an article which turns out is about as deep as a mud puddle anyway, if you follow along with the posters' responses who actually did open the app to read it.

Last edited:
Can clarification be given as to what websites, ie news/media to back a thread/post created? As I came across a thread that was created today and shut down after a few posts. One point brought up by the mod that shut the thread down asked not to use "commercial sites". If it's in the public domain for all to access and view then what is the problem with providing a link to the commercial news site? It is not Copywrite infringement, or is it not?
LOTS of posts get deleted every day on this censorship free site. If the source is something the mods don't like, your thread may be shut down.

LOTS of posts get deleted every day on this censorship free site. If the source is something the mods don't like, your thread may be shut down.

images.jpg

Yeah me too. The moderator stated this, I looked at the link in question and it was one from the Washington Times. Is this what one is, what the mod considers to be?
Well, now, see, you went and completely ignored everything else I said. You left just enough to frame your response in a way which infers that I share your view on this specific matter. I must therefore assume that your intentions are not pure.

And now I just feel used. Like a piece of meat.

Seek Jesus!

Off to iggy with you...

Last edited:
Well, now, see, you went and completely ignored everything else I said. You left just enough to frame your response in a way which infers that I share your view on this specific matter. I must therefore assume that your intentions are not pure.

And now I just feel used. Like a piece of meat.

Seek Jesus!

Off to iggy with you...
Aww, don't be like that. At least I'll feed you to the cat or dogs.:)

I thought of keeping it simple, rather than making something long and drawn out the key.

If you tell me what thread that was -- I can explain with more confidence. But I GUESS what the mod meant by COMMERCIAL was sites that SELL stuff. We dont like folks pushing products on USMB because it's hard enough to keep the couple dozen Asian/Russian spam artists we get everyday joining here to sell (USUALLY) illegal products.

You can use links from MOST every news, analysis, website that you want -- if you're not involved in trying to post ads for stuff on USMB.

Forum List

Back