Wealthy PBS host fears slavery could return under Pres. Trump

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
In op-ed for TIME magazine, PBS host Tavis Smiley talks about his fears that blacks in America might one day return to slavery if Donald Trump wins the election.

Smiley explains that he was asked by a student during a visit to Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, “Do you believe that given the crisis of our democracy, we black folk could ever find ourselves enslaved again?”

The short answer, according to Smiley: “Yes.”

He writes:

When I hear Donald Trump suggest that he wants to “make America great again,” it always triggers the same three questions in my head.

One: How is Trump defining “greatness?” Two: Since so many fellow citizens have yet to experience the true “greatness” of America for the first time, for whom are we making America great again? And, three: To what specific period of American greatness are you wanting us to “return?”

He concludes:

So, could the Constitution be thwarted and black folk end up enslaved again? Legal scholars, of course, will find the question ludicrous and laughable.

It wasn’t farfetched for the young student who pressed me at Lehigh that evening. And, honestly? With the hair-raising, bone-chilling, spine-breaking, nerve-wracking path we’re on right now, I shudder to think where this democracy could end up one sad day, if we don’t get off this low road and make our way to higher ground soon.

tavis_smiley.jpg

Why I Fear America Could Enslave Black People Again
=============================================

I guess one could hope.

ywn1qiyloksx.png

This idiot should be more afraid of the actual slavery in our inner cities in democrat voting districts.....blacks vote every 2 years, and are kept in urban ghettos till the next election......that is what he should care about.....

Beyond insanely stupid. Hard to fathom why so many Americans still vote for Democrats. Must be the Freebies. Bizarre stuff. :cuckoo:

In op-ed for TIME magazine, PBS host Tavis Smiley talks about his fears that blacks in America might one day return to slavery if Donald Trump wins the election.

Smiley explains that he was asked by a student during a visit to Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, “Do you believe that given the crisis of our democracy, we black folk could ever find ourselves enslaved again?”

He writes:

When I hear Donald Trump suggest that he wants to “make America great again,” it always triggers the same three questions in my head.

One: How is Trump defining “greatness?” Two: Since so many fellow citizens have yet to experience the true “greatness” of America for the first time, for whom are we making America great again? And, three: To what specific period of American greatness are you wanting us to “return?”

He concludes:

So, could the Constitution be thwarted and black folk end up enslaved again? Legal scholars, of course, will find the question ludicrous and laughable.

It wasn’t farfetched for the young student who pressed me at Lehigh that evening. And, honestly? With the hair-raising, bone-chilling, spine-breaking, nerve-wracking path we’re on right now, I shudder to think where this democracy could end up one sad day, if we don’t get off this low road and make our way to higher ground soon.

tavis_smiley.jpg

I guess one could hope.

ywn1qiyloksx.png
Smiley doesn't really believe that. He just wants to make sure Drumpf doesnt get anywhere near the title of POTUS.

I bet Communist/Progressive Democrats still claim that PBS and NPR are 'non-partisan and unbiased.' I mean, dimwits like Smiley aren't even trying to hide the blatant bias. I've been saying for years that the Government should end Taxpayer-funding for PBS and NPR. They're Democrat propaganda media outlets.

Smiley is the typical radical nutter that spew stupidity... Instead of focusing on the fear of Donald Trump maybe activists should focus more on the actual slavery that still exist in this country when it come to Sex Slaves and Illegal Immigrants being held in slavery by Cartels!?!

Blacks will always be enslaved by the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party thrives off the dependency crowd.
Yeah too bad Blacks are too smart to fall for the Republican parties wishful hoping that Blacks will be fooled into voting for racists.

Actually, it has been polled and found that it is the Blacks who are the most racist of all ethnic groups.

He writes:

He concludes:

tavis_smiley.jpg

I guess one could hope.

ywn1qiyloksx.png
It's too late. No matter how attractive a Trump promise may sound, I will not vote for him.

He writes:

He concludes:

tavis_smiley.jpg

I guess one could hope.

ywn1qiyloksx.png
Smiley doesn't really believe that. He just wants to make sure Drumpf doesnt get anywhere near the title of POTUS.

And he's willing to embarrass himself with one of the more idiotic statements (and that's saying something!) of this campaign season to make sure that doesn't happen?

What Smiley should have known is that elections come and go...your reputation stays with you forever. He'll always be the idiot that said Trump wants to bring back slavery!

He writes:

He concludes:

tavis_smiley.jpg

I guess one could hope.

ywn1qiyloksx.png

Silly fear mongering...electing Trump won't repeal the 13th Amendment to the constitution. It will only elect a moron to the office. I don't want Trump to win, but let's not be ridiculous.

[
Yeah too bad Blacks are too smart to fall for the Republican parties wishful hoping that Blacks will be fooled into voting for racists.

Ask yourself why whites would be racist and then look in a mirror......that's why.

Forum List

Back