We WANT Republicans to run against "contraception"

WOW!! What?

I would LOVE to hear this explained!

Obama decided to force churches to pay for something which is against their religion. Don't be stupid.

Right ... but how is that in violation of the First Amendment?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sounds to me like there was no law respecting a religion, so how does that translate to an attack on the First Amendment?

Don't question it, they're just getting their talking points down.

Its just another attack against religion. Liberal attempts to make it narrow in scope isn't playing well with other religions. The message is clear. The response is coming soon.

Why does religion constantly attack good sense?

because primitive religous superstitions see science and good sense as threats.

"Consensus Science" has been caught out in so many lies lately your team's not getting any points on the scoreboard lately.

People use contraception to limit the size of their families to what they can financially support. They space out the children so the mother can recover between children and so they don't have a lot of babies they can't support all at one time. For many women, contraceptives are also used for health reasons.

The vast majority of women take contraceptives including nearly every women of child bearing age including married women.

Republicans are trying to pick a fight against contraception.

All I can say is "bring it on". It's a fight Democrats welcome.

Are you for real or just trying to pull someone's chain? You seriously think this is about Republicans trying to STOP anyone from using contraceptives? Really? REALLY? Come on, you're joking, right? Did that little BB roll right out of your head again?

It is not a fight about contraception. It is a fight about government violation of the First Amendment.

And we already know the Democrats enjoy encroaching on the Constitution. That's a given.
No....it's STILL about JOB $ECURITY....

....for The Clerics.

(Who aren't qualified to do much of anything-else.)

handjob.gif

Last edited:
People use contraception to limit the size of their families to what they can financially support. They space out the children so the mother can recover between children and so they don't have a lot of babies they can't support all at one time. For many women, contraceptives are also used for health reasons.

The vast majority of women take contraceptives including nearly every women of child bearing age including married women.

ALL Republicans Dean or just some?......

You seriously think this is about Republicans trying to STOP anyone from using contraceptives?

NO WAY. How could any one come to that conclusion? Is it because of the proposed law that would allow any employer to not pay for contraception?

Besides that, it doesn't matter what I think. It matters what women think. And a lot of women think the rethugs have declared war on women. And they have. At least that is what the Dems will say.

Obama won last time with a large percentage of women voters. This time it will be better.

I think republicans should not touch any of these side issues, and instead run against Obamas record. the left want the GOP to run on these tiny little stupid side issues instead of Obamas record. I say focus on the president, put him in the spotlight. Contraception was never an issue in this country until this president made it one, and that was by design and was triggered during an election year to take the attention off his massive failures as president.

So the Pubs are in favor of Bishops telling secular workers they can't get secular health care? Pub dupes!!...a disappearing breed...

I suspect the Bishops here are only afraid of being excommunicated LOL. It's a 13th century kind of thing.

go fuck yourself Frankie.....bad mouth our troops lately?....

Are you for real or just trying to pull someone's chain? You seriously think this is about Republicans trying to STOP anyone from using contraceptives? Really? REALLY? Come on, you're joking, right? Did that little BB roll right out of your head again?

You wont find dumber liberals beyond this board.

You seriously think this is about Republicans trying to STOP anyone from using contraceptives?

NO WAY. How could any one come to that conclusion? Is it because of the proposed law that would allow any employer to not pay for contraception?

Besides that, it doesn't matter what I think. It matters what women think. And a lot of women think the rethugs have declared war on women. And they have. At least that is what the Dems will say.
....And, any.....

:eusa_whistle:

Its just another attack against religion. Liberal attempts to make it narrow in scope isn't playing well with other religions. The message is clear. The response is coming soon.

Maybe if just once in a while we could hear from Catholic women who do NOT use artificial birth control because they are Catholic,

we might be able to take you and your sanctimonious proclamations a bit more seriously.

THIS IS A ROLL CALL!!!!

Are there any women on this board who do not use birth control BECAUSE they are Catholic and BECAUSE they are obeying the dogma of the Catholic Church???

Please, seriously, speak up...

...at the very least you'll give the rightwing anti-birth control crowd around here something other than an imaginary non-existent constituency to defend.

Maybe if just once in a while we could hear from Catholic women who do NOT use artificial birth control because they are Catholic,

we might be able to take you and your sanctimonious proclamations a bit more seriously.

THIS IS A ROLL CALL!!!!

Are there any women on this board who do not use birth control BECAUSE they are Catholic and BECAUSE they are obeying the dogma of the Catholic Church???

Please, seriously, speak up...

...at the very least you'll give the rightwing anti-birth control crowd around here something other than an imaginary non-existent constituency to defend.

Nobody on the right is anti birth control. We are however all about the government staying out of the churches. Is it not those of you on the left who are always crying "Separation of church and state!"?. But now that it does not fit your narrative you are all about the government getting into religion. Hypocritical if you ask me.

Forum List

Back