We should apologize for slavery

We already have apologized for slavery, just as we apologized for wiping out the Native Americans and taking their land,etc.

You won't get a museum about King Leopold's crimes built in Belgium, as they still to this day pretend the 'Congo Free State' was just a misadventure.

You won't get a museum about comfort women and prisoner of war camps built in Japan, as they still to this day either refuse to admit they existed or white wash it in their national curriculum - to the anger of China and South Korea.

You won't get a museum about the Armenian, Pontian, Dersim and Assyrian Genocide's/Massacre's in Turkey, as they still deny those events were deliberate.

List goes on really of other countries that have made far less of an effort than the US to admit past crimes.

America has done pretty much all that is possible to clean out its dirty closet, short of compensation for dropping Agent Orange.

That said, my Puritan ancestors never owned slaves, and pretty much ran things for generations the same way.

My ancestors migrated to America in 1949 so I have no part of this slavery bs...lol.

Apologize...heck no.
Listening to the speech by several of these peaceful demonstrators in Baltimore the other day. And it sounds like they are waiting for one. Many times I heard that we all owe them something.
So I Asce on separate post. How and what can I help black community? I didn't got a real answer. Mr. Tank blasted me instead.

I just wonder when I'm going to be compensated by Italy for their enslavement of my people 2000 years ago. I want my 40 acres and a mule in the Czech Republic.

racist republcian said:
Fuck that... Personally I'm completely over it. Much more of this nonsense and I'm going to advocate slavery be brought back, so these idiots crying about it can get some perspective on where they were and how good they had it.

Yep, this more accurately represents the party of Lincoln.

Really, I think you meant to say, the Democrat party. but who cares

Specifically I mean to say conservatives who fantasize about enslaving minorities. This should be evident, I quoted it.

LOl, You don't even care the Democrat party has already "enslaved" them. and when one veers off the plantation, Look out the names hurled their way

uncle toms
oreos
you've been brianwashed good though....nothing to be proud of

I don't support a party the promotes slavery. Why don't you take it up with your fellow conservative who wants to enslave blacks? He specifically said so, why are you going at me? I don't want to enslave anyone.

Maybe you agree with what he said.

You're a joke. go to bed you have school in the morning.

as a member of one of the oldest political parties in this country I feel that it is necessary for me to apologize for slavery. I am responsible for that institution being promoted in this country and I am responsible for the riots. I am also sorry for the generational issues slavery has caused to black people. We will go down as the nazi party did in Germany as promoting the worst holocast in the history of the world. Here it goes...my best apology....

You mad bro?
Stupid *******, they shouldn't have become slaves. Fuckin' pussies...

Slavery was outlawed in the US about 150 years ago, it's over and done with.

How can people of the 21st Century apologize for something they weren't responsible for? All of the responsible parties are dead.

I am so tired of having this held OVER our heads and shoved down our throats. If they "black people" can't get over themselves with it. that is their PROBLEM

Especially when the africans sold their african captives to arab muslim traders for rum. Libtards want to pretend George Washington went to africa and enslaved people himself. Libtards rely on history revisionism.

Slavery was outlawed in the US about 150 years ago, it's over and done with.

How can people of the 21st Century apologize for something they weren't responsible for? All of the responsible parties are dead.

I am so tired of having this held OVER our heads and shoved down our throats. If they "black people" can't get over themselves with it. that is their PROBLEM

Especially when the africans sold their african captives to arab muslim traders for rum. Libtards want to pretend George Washington went to africa and enslaved people himself. Libtards rely on history revisionism.

I know, but you see how all that is glossed over or they couldn't use it against the rest of us

racist republcian said:
Fuck that... Personally I'm completely over it. Much more of this nonsense and I'm going to advocate slavery be brought back, so these idiots crying about it can get some perspective on where they were and how good they had it.

Really one little comment on a message board Represents the WHOLE Republican party eh?

oh joe go try and be happy

Actually it's joy as in happy joy.

I'm not the one who made the comment and I would bet he's probably made similar comments like I've seen other conservatives make on this board about blacks that weren't flattering. Obviously you are going to ignore them and go back more than 150 years when conservative southerners were Democrats. Times have changed, catch up.

Who started this thread and why?

I will apologize to the Native American population before apologizing for slavery. Slavery has been around since Adam and Eve and will be around long after I am gone ( yes it still goes on today ) so I refuse to apologize for it.

The true genocide happen to the Native population and not to the slaves that were brought here. Also should we apologize to the Irish indentured servant that were actually slave too?

How about the Chinese that were also treated like slaves?

In then end many injustice happened and apologizing for it will not right the past and only fuel the close minded hatred even further by those that never suffered a day of slavery nor Jim Crow law or indentured servant life.

Really, I think you meant to say, the Democrat party. but who cares

Specifically I mean to say conservatives who fantasize about enslaving minorities. This should be evident, I quoted it.

LOl, You don't even care the Democrat party has already "enslaved" them. and when one veers off the plantation, Look out the names hurled their way

uncle toms
oreos
you've been brianwashed good though....nothing to be proud of

I don't support a party the promotes slavery. Why don't you take it up with your fellow conservative who wants to enslave blacks? He specifically said so, why are you going at me? I don't want to enslave anyone.

Maybe you agree with what he said.

You're a joke. go to bed you have school in the morning.

So, you agree with the racist republican then? Blacks should be slaves again to remind them how good they have it? Really?

I will apologize to the Native American population before apologizing for slavery. Slavery has been around since Adam and Eve and will be around long after I am gone ( yes it still goes on today ) so I refuse to apologize for it.

The true genocide happen to the Native population and not to the slaves that were brought here. Also should we apologize to the Irish indentured servant that were actually slave too?

In then end many injustice happened and apologizing for it will not right the past and only fuel the close minded hatred even further by those that never suffered a day of slavery nor Jim Crow law or indentured servant life.

Doesn't genocide continue to happen?

Really?? Oh well, a democrate, what else can you expect. Slavery has been around since practically the beginning of time in one fashion or another. We all have given ourselves over to the man for wages which is a form of slavery especially if you hate your job. None of us is exempt.

Way to relate. Slavery is exactly like getting paid...exactly.

The problems won't get fixed with government, the problems need to get dealt with in the homes.

Really? Okay, what are black people going to do in the "homes" that is going to prevent white people who own businesses from discriminating against them?

There was an interesting study done, where they created resumes that were identical in their content, the only difference being the names on the header. Half of them had names like "John" and "Mary", the other had names like "Jamal" and "Moesha".

Guess which resumes got more call backs?

And how do you fix that without the government mandating a solution.

Thanks.

No one ever accused you of being smart, Joe. What happened 400 years ago has no affect on how I treat anyone.

Feel free to give all your money and property to black people, if you're so guilt ridden. Go ahead, have a ball.

So you are really claiming 400 years of policy have no effect on the here and now? really?

I'm sure you treat people like shit because you are a horrible person, not because of what happened 400 years ago, though.

The thing was, the Irish and Chinese did not have systematic systems of laws to keep them in their place, nor were they actually slaves in that they were forceably kidnapped and brought here.

For instance, an Irish could not have his family broken up because the mine owner decided to sell his kids or rape his wife. That happened to black slaves all the time.

as a member of one of the oldest political parties in this country I feel that it is necessary for me to apologize for slavery. I am responsible for that institution being promoted in this country and I am responsible for the riots. I am also sorry for the generational issues slavery has caused to black people. We will go down as the nazi party did in Germany as promoting the worst holocast in the history of the world. Here it goes...my best apology....

You mad bro?
What are you, 11?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Forum List

Back