We are all going to die soon!

Nuebarth,

Actually, you are correct on sending anything toward the 'Galactic plane'. The reason for this is several fold; at the speed of light, it would take roughly 39,000 years, since we are located here in our solar system that distance from the center core.

Two, at the fastest speed of anything we have built, and that is now the ancient Voyager 1, at a distance of 12.3 billion miles from the sun, drifting at coast velocity of some 82,000 MPH, it would reach the center of our galaxy in roughly 98.8 billion years and the Universe as we know it would have cycled again, 3 times over.

You are in error about "seeing" the Galactic core, however, as we can "see" the center with the Hubble Space Telescope and its quite easy to reconcile. Here it is:

ig390-hubble-17-02.jpg

And here is the details on this photo:

Spectacular Photos From The Revamped Hubble Space Telescope | Astronomy & Space Photography, Hubble Images | Space.com

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

Robert, I appreciate the beauty of the artificial "photograph" but you're horribly wrong. What you have shown us is an infrared light and X-ray light "computed and colored" representation of a photo.

With this imaginary photograph we can supposedly see "through the obscuring dust and reveal the intense activity near the galactic core of the Milky Way." It is interesting to look at, but it is not a photograph of the center of the Milky Way. It is just a representation based upon some data.

The reality is that we have no idea what is in that dust that prevents normal light from passing through to our eyes or the Hubble telescope. Nor can we catalog it. It is a mess of debris. Luckily we on Planet Earth do not have to pass through that as it looks like it is pretty damn thick.

Where we pass through the Galactic Plane, we hope that we do not hit something or something hits us. I suspect that several times in the past million years we did not fare so well. Those human population bottlenecks might be attestation to that. Other mass extinctions may have been related to passing through that zone in the Galaxy. Perhaps the Dinosaur mass extinction was related to an asteroid in the Galactic Plane rather than an asteroid from the belt between Mars and Jupiter.

Also, Robert, you have a misunderstanding in your reply to the OP. We do not need to send a probe into the Cosmic Core. We need to send a probe ahead of our solar system. That direction is not towards Pluto, but towards the direction of the galactic plane where we will be passing in two years. I would guess that would be at a right angle to Pluto. (Though I am not certain of the direction, if the solar system was flat with the galactic plane and we were moving towards the North Star, we would shoot our rocket towards our north with enough velocity to keep on heading in the direction that we want it. Remember also, that it would already have the speed that the solar system is approaching the Galactic Plane, so it would have been there way ahead of us had we launched it years ago. It could, at least, have given us a better idea of what awaits us....... be it a light display in the sky (i hope) or a thundering roar and death and destruction like 65 million years ago.

I am not sure what you are inferring, but the solar system does not move independent of its position in the galaxy on locale. It is called the 2nd Law of Celestial Dynamics. You are inferring, for some reason, the solar system breaks away, all of it, the 9 planets, the Asteroids, The Oort Cloud and the Kuiper Belt, and somehow we "pass" through to the core of the galaxy?

Or, you are saying we are going to go to the galactic "plane". This is also impossible and a meaningless statement. The Galactic plane is just that. We, our solar system, is revolving around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy, making one orbit every 230,000,000 (230 million) years.

The equation for validation for this is as follows, where N=orbital velocity x distance/position on local:

N=£∆.32n/∫–(∆230/ç∂)≠Vn∑ø«C/Pi≈/µ

Lastly, The photo above is from HST and is taken in gamma, infrared, and red shift laurex, which sees through dust and other diffusions. It is an accurate image of the Milky Way's galactic core. You are in error.

This is what I do for a living.

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

It really doesn't matter at all because James Tiberius Kirk from the future will travel back in time to rescue the whales and they through a mind meld with the Vulcan Spock will tell us what we will need to do to save planet Earth.

And if you don't put much faith in that we have the chosen one Obama who has already healed a young Congresswoman by just appearing in her room and when he left she opened her eyes for the first time since the shooting.Only one of his many miracles performed so far.

Now if you tell me that the Borg are involved all bets are off even with Kirk and Spock....

The Borg kick Ass......

Last edited:
None of this really matters anyway since there is a Comet headed our way that will do some damage to our magnetic pole or something and that will be here soon....

Maybe that's why the WH has done pretty much nothing to fix unemployment...

Why bother....

None of this really matters anyway since there is a Comet headed our way that will do some damage to our magnetic pole or something and that will be here soon....

Maybe that's why the WH has done pretty much nothing to fix unemployment...

Why bother....

Some thought your magnetic pole was already damaged.........:dunno:.

Either we are going to die of natural causes, or we might die of rocks falling to earth as we travel through the galactic plane.

I have long postulated that there is a layer of rock debris in the central plane of our galaxy, along what we would call the Galactic Equator.

If I am right, as we approach the center of the galaxy (GALACTIC PLANE) in our wobble path every 5000 or so years (see Mayan Long Count Calendar), we should see more and more meteor and larger (i.e. Asteroids) strikes in the coming months. The Mayans did not say anything about meteors, so this is my claim alone.

This falling rocks from the sky anomaly will build in intensity until we are dead center in the plane of the Galaxy in late December of 2012. Dead Center could very well equal DEATH for HUMANITY and other living things.

It appears that nobody has named this rocky zone of death. For want of a better name, I will name the belt after my Great Grandfather, Berthold. We will just call it the Berthold belt.

Expect the meteor ground strikes to increase dramatically in the coming months.

Neubarth.

Don't be stupid.

We're all going to die next month.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/153461-march-15th-pole-shift-to-kill-billions.html

Well, I won't. As a member of The Illuminati, I'll be in an underground bunker with the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Morgans, Bushs, Cheney's, Rumsfelds and the rest of the Global Fascist Elites.

Yesterday, I went with my cousin to visit her husband in the nursing home. Hadn't seen him in years.
Anyhow- first thing he said to me "I'm dying".
I said "yeah- well in the meantime your 100% alive, so deal with it".
That got a smile out of him.

Either we are going to die of natural causes, or we might die of rocks falling to earth as we travel through the galactic plane.

I have long postulated that there is a layer of rock debris in the central plane of our galaxy, along what we would call the Galactic Equator.

If I am right, as we approach the center of the galaxy (GALACTIC PLANE) in our wobble path every 5000 or so years (see Mayan Long Count Calendar), we should see more and more meteor and larger (i.e. Asteroids) strikes in the coming months. The Mayans did not say anything about meteors, so this is my claim alone.

This falling rocks from the sky anomaly will build in intensity until we are dead center in the plane of the Galaxy in late December of 2012. Dead Center could very well equal DEATH for HUMANITY and other living things.

It appears that nobody has named this rocky zone of death. For want of a better name, I will name the belt after my Great Grandfather, Berthold. We will just call it the Berthold belt.

Expect the meteor ground strikes to increase dramatically in the coming months.

Your mental derangement is showing.

Can't wait until we get through 2012 and all of this Mayan Calender Doomsday hokum.

This is not Mayan Hokum. We are venturing into a region in space that should have a concentration of space debris. We have not been there before during the time that man has been able to write, but we know that mankind has nearly been wiped out several times on this planet. We also know that there have been several mass extinctions in Earth geological history because of Asteroids. I believe the two may be related, and I also believe that we have been seriously remiss in not preparing for collisions between Earth and any large rocks out there in the Galactic Plane.

This is not Mayan Hokum. We are venturing into a region in space that should have a concentration of space debris. We have not been there before during the time that man has been able to write, but we know that mankind has nearly been wiped out several times on this planet. We also know that there have been several mass extinctions in Earth geological history because of Asteroids. I believe the two may be related, and I also believe that we have been seriously remiss in not preparing for collisions between Earth and any large rocks out there in the Galactic Plane.

I addressed this on page 5, but I still do not understand what you are postulating. We, the solar system, the nine planets, the asteroid belt, the Oort Cloud and the Kuiper Belt, do not "move" anywhere from our position out here on on the sagittariun arm of the Millky Way, our home. We are in the third arm of this 100,000 LY diameter spiral galaxy. We do not "move" or pass through anything than where we are at in position. We are moving, enmasse, along with the other 120,000,000,000 stars of our galaxy around the galactic center, some 41,000 LYs distant. Each in its place in sequence, on orbit. Nothing more or less.

We are not moving toward any "plane" of anything. The "plane" of the galaxy is just that, it is just the center line through the galaxy, edge on.

Can you provide clearer data and terminology so we can all understand what you are trying to say?

Thank you,

Robert

I addressed this on page 5, but I still do not understand what you are postulating. We, the solar system, the nine planets, the asteroid belt, the Oort Cloud and the Kuiper Belt, do not "move" anywhere from our position out here on on the sagittariun arm of the Millky Way, our home. We are in the third arm of this 100,000 LY diameter spiral galaxy. We do not "move" or pass through anything than where we are at in position. We are moving, enmasse, along with the other 120,000,000,000 stars of our galaxy around the galactic center, some 41,000 LYs distant. Each in its place in sequence, on orbit. Nothing more or less.

We are not moving toward any "plane" of anything. The "plane" of the galaxy is just that, it is just the center line through the galaxy, edge on.

Can you provide clearer data and terminology so we can all understand what you are trying to say?

Thank you,

Robert

I'll briefly engage you on this as his meaning is clear to me; it is that the sun does not follow a straight line (irrespective of its orbit in the local group) radially around the galaxy. Instead in addition it moves up and down through the plane of the galaxy. Out here in the Orion arm there is a thickness to the galaxy, I.E. the Orion arm, Sagittarian arm all have a dimension which can be calculated by observation and that thickness out here is the thickness of the galaxy at this estreme, and can be measured (calculated) parallel to the hypothetical axis of the galaxy. There are theories that a certain amount of climactic change here on earth happens each time we pass through the denser parts of the galaxy, perhaps from dust lanes, or even some interaction between the earth's magnetic field and that or that galaxy, though I would not postulate that. In taking that into consideration, think about the fact that our sun moves into other arms of the galaxy, albeit over very great spans of time.

Last edited:
I'll briefly engage you on this as his meaning is clear to me; it is that the sun does not follow a straight line (irrespective of its orbit in the local group) radially around the galaxy. Instead in addition it moves up and down through the plane of the galaxy. Out here in the Orion arm there is a thickness to the galaxy, I.E. the Orion arm, Sagittarian arm all have a dimension which can be calculated by observation and that thickness out here is the thickness of the galaxy at this estreme, and can be measured (calculated) parallel to the hypothetical axis of the galaxy. There are theories that a certain amount of climactic change here on earth happens each time we pass through the denser parts of the galaxy, perhaps from dust lanes, or even some interaction between the earth's magnetic field and that or that galaxy, though I would not postulate that. In taking that into consideration, think about the fact that our sun moves into other arms of the galaxy, albeit over very great spans of time.

I understand perfectly now. Thank you for your excellent explanation. This is false, of course and has no bearing, nor would have any bearing on us as a solar complex with planets, on orbit in the galaxy. We are so far out from the core and the core is where the activity would be, orbiting the galaxy's black hole.

He needs to take some classes or go to Space. com and learn about orbital dynamics, celestial dynamics, orbital mechanics and fixed paralax's so he can understand what he is postulating.

The effects on our solar neighborhood in on local, not galactic.

Thank you for the clarification.

Robert

Forum List

Back