We are all going to die soon!

Little problem with your theory...NASA has a "sentry" radar (or is it radio) system that tracks "problem" asteroids. They believe they can see material that could impact earth about 100 years into the future.
The chances of any body capable of threatening the planet is "razor thin".

Damn, that is a stupid statement. NASA does not have anything tracking the Galactic Plane of our Galaxy. NASA has never sent any probe or anything in that direction.

Why can't people on this board understand very simple concepts?

Little problem with your theory...NASA has a "sentry" radar (or is it radio) system that tracks "problem" asteroids. They believe they can see material that could impact earth about 100 years into the future.
The chances of any body capable of threatening the planet is "razor thin".

Damn, that is a stupid statement. NASA does not have anything tracking the Galactic Plane of our Galaxy. NASA has never sent any probe or anything in that direction.

Does it upset you that no one is even going to bother to freak out?

I bet you a 1000.00 against 1.00 that the earth will be here after december 31 2012. If you're going to believe something from outer space is going to kill all of man kind go to the Bible there's more truth to it than anything else.

That is really funny. The Bible openly predicts the death of all human beings at the hand of Jesus after no end of plagues from heaven are sent to reduce the population in waves of misery and bloodshed.

After all the meteor storms and crap from space kills ninety percent of the world's population, Jesus comes back and kills the remainder. God then burns up the Earth and creates a new one. This New Earth is joined with Heaven and spiritual beings live there. There is no procreation and no marriage allowed in Heaven-Earth. Jesus said that is the way it is going to be and that is what will happen. Read the Bible and you will see. If you do not read the Bible then you will let the lunatics who have taken over Christianity mislead you into false belief.

Nope. Remember as I said at the beginning of this string, I am only postulating. The Freaks like Pauli, Juliann and the rest of their sexual perverse clique had to post as if I predicted that the world will be wiped out. They, of course are nothing but chronic shitheads with very low IQ's. You just sort of take them with a grain of salt.

Nope. Remember as I said at the beginning of this string, I am only postulating. The Freaks like Pauli, Juliann and the rest of their sexual perverse clique had to post as if I predicted that the world will be wiped out. They, of course are nothing but chronic shitheads with very low IQ's. You just sort of take them with a grain of salt.

Pretty heavy title for postulation. I guess that was just to get our attention, huh?

Please note that we have not sent any probes ahead of the Earth into that region of space. We should have done it a long time ago, but nobody thought of it. Amazing!

Those Human Bottlenecks were caused by something, and it was not Toba. I suspect that on rare occasion the Earth is pelted by a great many asteroids when it passes through the plane and occasionally does not notice much of a change.

Let's just hope that this is one of those "Not much of a change" passages.

Please note that we have not sent any probes ahead of the Earth into that region of space. We should have done it a long time ago, but nobody thought of it. Amazing!

Those Human Bottlenecks were caused by something, and it was not Toba. I suspect that on rare occasion the Earth is pelted by a great many asteroids when it passes through the plane and occasionally does not notice much of a change.

shouldn't you be begetting?

shouldn't you be begetting?

Please god no.

The period of the sun's oscillation in and out of the plane of the galaxy (up and down) is about 70 million years. This means that we pass through the Galactic mid-plane, the long hazardous passage you are referring to along with other stars and associated asteroids and junk our sun is travelling with every 35 million years.

Presently the sun is NOT headed into the galactic plane but instead is leaving it heading northwards out of the galactic plane at 10 KMs, and is found to lay 34.56±0.56 parsecs above the plane of the Galaxy.

If we were heading into the danger zone of the galactic plane, then the time frames involved (as compared to the 5,000 year span you mentioned earlier) are vastly longer and more gradual, much less sudden than your theory suggests.

One galactic year - one circuit - for our sun around the circumference of the galaxy is about 230 million years.

Curious About Astronomy

SpringerLink - Astrophysics and Space Science, Volume 288, Number 4

Last edited:
I bet you a 1000.00 against 1.00 that the earth will be here after december 31 2012. If you're going to believe something from outer space is going to kill all of man kind go to the Bible there's more truth to it than anything else.

That is really funny. The Bible openly predicts the death of all human beings at the hand of Jesus after no end of plagues from heaven are sent to reduce the population in waves of misery and bloodshed.

After all the meteor storms and crap from space kills ninety percent of the world's population, Jesus comes back and kills the remainder. God then burns up the Earth and creates a new one. This New Earth is joined with Heaven and spiritual beings live there. There is no procreation and no marriage allowed in Heaven-Earth. Jesus said that is the way it is going to be and that is what will happen. Read the Bible and you will see. If you do not read the Bible then you will let the lunatics who have taken over Christianity mislead you into false belief.

Ah, so there we have it. It all comes down to religion! When do you start walking up and down the high street wearing those boards that state 'the end of the world is nigh'?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Either we are going to die of natural causes, or we might die of rocks falling to earth as we travel through the galactic plane.

I have long postulated that there is a layer of rock debris in the central plane of our galaxy, along what we would call the Galactic Equator.

If I am right, as we approach the center of the galaxy (GALACTIC PLANE) in our wobble path every 5000 or so years (see Mayan Long Count Calendar), we should see more and more meteor and larger (i.e. Asteroids) strikes in the coming months. The Mayans did not say anything about meteors, so this is my claim alone.

This falling rocks from the sky anomaly will build in intensity until we are dead center in the plane of the Galaxy in late December of 2012. Dead Center could very well equal DEATH for HUMANITY and other living things.

It appears that nobody has named this rocky zone of death. For want of a better name, I will name the belt after my Great Grandfather, Berthold. We will just call it the Berthold belt.

Expect the meteor ground strikes to increase dramatically in the coming months.

Well, actually, there are three zones of "rocks", as you call them and they are all carefully monitored at all times with over 50 satellites and global telescopes and of course Hubble.

The first is the asteroid belt which lies between Mars and Jupiter, and is basically, a failed planet at the solar systems origins, roughly 4.4 billion years ago. These are mostly carefully contained by the gravitational pull of both planets. However, every 50,000 years one is big enough to break away and enter our atmosphere and impact Earth.

Next out from this is Kuiper Belt which lies out to Pluto's orbit and outward still for about 4 more billion miles or so. These are the mix of comets and meteors and every so often these will also swing down into the inner solar system near the inner planet orbits.

The furthest out is the Oort Cloud. This region goes out all the way to nearly 2 LY from the sun and is half way to our nearest star, Proxima Centauri. This is about the furthest region of solar influence. Out beyond that is what is guessed to be a Dark Jupiter, about 5-7 Jovian masses, and is responsible for comets to have such a distorted elliptical orbit, with a ratio of nearly 1 to 1100 for some of them.

NASA's NEAR program shows no incoming bolides of impact parameters for the foreseeable future. These impacts do occur on Earth every 70 million years or so, and the last was 68.2 billion years hence and ended the reign of the dinosaurs.

Hope that is helpful.

Near-Earth Object Program

Robert

Last edited:

Nuebarth,

Actually, you are correct on sending anything toward the 'Galactic plane'. The reason for this is several fold; at the speed of light, it would take roughly 39,000 years, since we are located here in our solar system that distance from the center core.

Two, at the fastest speed of anything we have built, and that is now the ancient Voyager 1, at a distance of 12.3 billion miles from the sun, drifting at coast velocity of some 82,000 MPH, it would reach the center of our galaxy in roughly 98.8 billion years and the Universe as we know it would have cycled again, 3 times over.

You are in error about "seeing" the Galactic core, however, as we can "see" the center with the Hubble Space Telescope and its quite easy to reconcile. Here it is:

ig390-hubble-17-02.jpg

And here is the details on this photo:

Spectacular Photos From The Revamped Hubble Space Telescope | Astronomy & Space Photography, Hubble Images | Space.com

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

I have long postulated that there is a layer of rock debris in the central plane of our galaxy, along what we would call the Galactic Equator.

Ah...you have long posited that?

The asteroid belt is the region of the Solar System located roughly between the orbits of the planets Mars and Jupiter. It is occupied by numerous irregularly shaped bodies called asteroids or minor planets. The asteroid belt region is also termed the main asteroid belt or main belt because there are other asteroids in the solar system such as near-Earth asteroids and trojan asteroids.

image004.jpg

Ah...you have long posited that?

The asteroid belt is the region of the Solar System located roughly between the orbits of the planets Mars and Jupiter. It is occupied by numerous irregularly shaped bodies called asteroids or minor planets. The asteroid belt region is also termed the main asteroid belt or main belt because there are other asteroids in the solar system such as near-Earth asteroids and trojan asteroids.

image004.jpg

Amusement sake? Everybody knows where the Asteroid belt is. Your post is totally unrelated to the subject at hand.

Last edited:

Nuebarth,

Actually, you are correct on sending anything toward the 'Galactic plane'. The reason for this is several fold; at the speed of light, it would take roughly 39,000 years, since we are located here in our solar system that distance from the center core.

Two, at the fastest speed of anything we have built, and that is now the ancient Voyager 1, at a distance of 12.3 billion miles from the sun, drifting at coast velocity of some 82,000 MPH, it would reach the center of our galaxy in roughly 98.8 billion years and the Universe as we know it would have cycled again, 3 times over.

You are in error about "seeing" the Galactic core, however, as we can "see" the center with the Hubble Space Telescope and its quite easy to reconcile. Here it is:

ig390-hubble-17-02.jpg

And here is the details on this photo:

Spectacular Photos From The Revamped Hubble Space Telescope | Astronomy & Space Photography, Hubble Images | Space.com

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

Robert, I appreciate the beauty of the artificial "photograph" but you're horribly wrong. What you have shown us is an infrared light and X-ray light "computed and colored" representation of a photo.

With this imaginary photograph we can supposedly see "through the obscuring dust and reveal the intense activity near the galactic core of the Milky Way." It is interesting to look at, but it is not a photograph of the center of the Milky Way. It is just a representation based upon some data.

The reality is that we have no idea what is in that dust that prevents normal light from passing through to our eyes or the Hubble telescope. Nor can we catalog it. It is a mess of debris. Luckily we on Planet Earth do not have to pass through that as it looks like it is pretty damn thick.

Where we pass through the Galactic Plane, we hope that we do not hit something or something hits us. I suspect that several times in the past million years we did not fare so well. Those human population bottlenecks might be attestation to that. Other mass extinctions may have been related to passing through that zone in the Galaxy. Perhaps the Dinosaur mass extinction was related to an asteroid in the Galactic Plane rather than an asteroid from the belt between Mars and Jupiter.

Also, Robert, you have a misunderstanding in your reply to the OP. We do not need to send a probe into the Cosmic Core. We need to send a probe ahead of our solar system. That direction is not towards Pluto, but towards the direction of the galactic plane where we will be passing in two years. I would guess that would be at a right angle to Pluto. (Though I am not certain of the direction, if the solar system was flat with the galactic plane and we were moving towards the North Star, we would shoot our rocket towards our north with enough velocity to keep on heading in the direction that we want it. Remember also, that it would already have the speed that the solar system is approaching the Galactic Plane, so it would have been there way ahead of us had we launched it years ago. It could, at least, have given us a better idea of what awaits us....... be it a light display in the sky (i hope) or a thundering roar and death and destruction like 65 million years ago.

Last edited:
We all need to run towards the east and the same time so we can alter the earths rotational speed and orbit eough to avoid the hit?

Remember it is not where we are in the solar system. It is where our Solar System passes through the Galactic Plane. All of the planets will be receiving threats from the cosmic "dust" that is located along the plane.

Ah, so there we have it. It all comes down to religion! When do you start walking up and down the high street wearing those boards that state 'the end of the world is nigh'?

Colin, I just tell the people what is in the Bible. I find it very amusing that all of that stuff is in there and nobody seems to ever have read it. So many people who do not know that it is in there will tell you that they are dedicated students of the Bible and know it from beginning to end.

Yet when confronted with the reality of what is really in there, they lie like hell about it and say it is not true. It isn't in their Bible they say, because their Bible speaks of the love of God. God would never wipe the Earth's population out! Hell, NO! Well, if he does not wipe out the Earth's population, when he burns the Earth up there are going to be Billions of screaming people saying "Man it is hot this summer!"

Forum List

Back