Wave of Debt Payments Facing US Government

With the liberals on this board--most of which I assume are YOUNGSTERS....

Hey, maybe I voted for Ronald, George, against Bill, Bill, then for George, and George again and I like debt!

With the liberals on this board--most of which I assume are YOUNGSTERS....

Hey, maybe I voted for Ronald, George, against Bill, Bill, then for George, and George again and I like debt!

Well then...you're right at home with Obama's current irresponsible fiscal policies aren't you???

Good. So we admit financial policies during the Clinton years were more responsible than the 12 previous or the 8 following.

If it were not for that debt we've inherited taxes could have been a bit lower the past few years. According to the IRS 8% of your 2006 taxes went to pay interest on the debt that year. (just what year's 1040 book I had handy)

Strange that a different group are complaining about the debt now that the office of the president is under different party control.

Thats because it wasn't as this bad when the other group was in power. Do you remember when the deficit was only at 400 billion?

Well then...you're right at home with Obama's current irresponsible fiscal policies aren't you???

Good. So we admit financial policies during the Clinton years were more responsible than the 12 previous or the 8 following.

If it were not for that debt we've inherited taxes could have been a bit lower the past few years. According to the IRS 8% of your 2006 taxes went to pay interest on the debt that year. (just what year's 1040 book I had handy)

Uhhhhhhh........NO. They didn't call him "Slick Willy" for nothing. He rode the Reagan years prosperity...and once he raised taxes on everyone the economy tanked in 1999/2000......and funny how you FAIL to mention the Democrats controlled the House and Senate during the Reagan/Bush 1 years....remember them, the ones RESPONSIBLE for making sure our money was spent wisely?

Last edited:
Most Democrats voted against the war, btw. Read a paper or something once in awhile.
Too bad the Dems controlled the senate in 2003, and could have stopped chimpola cold.

'Congress' wasn't the issue you phoney bastard and you know it, the dems laid down like Persian rugs and let those assclowns invade a country for no valid reason.

And YOUR BOYS made it happen bull shit artist.

the bickering is reaching new heights of lameness.

Look folks both Repudlicans and Dimocrats have been increasing the size scope cost and intrusiveness of government.

There has not been any administration in my lifetime that spent less than its predecessor.

Right now government (state and federal) is chewing up over 45% of GDP. Let me say that again

45% of GDP

And is slated to go higher. So tell me do you really care if the idiot in charge is a Repudlican or a Dimocrat when nearly half of our annual production is eaten up by the government?

It is time to step back and work for meaningful change in government. Fight for more power for the people and less for the fucking politicians. Fight to keep more of your own money so you can do with it as you see fit not as some fucking moron in Washington sees fit.

What you people do not seem to realize is that the government only acquires money by taking it from you. every dollar the government confiscates and wastes is a dollar you cannot save for retirement, or for your kid's college education , or use to start a new business or to further your education or to invest etc etc.

We have reached the threshold where necessary government is outstripped by unnecessary government. Government only need be large enough to protect our rights so guaranteed by the Constitution. Personally I believe that the cost of government should not be larger than 20-25% of GDP.

Any smaller and we run the risk of lawlessness which will hamper our abilities to live our lives and tend to our own prosperity. Any larger, as it is now and wee see that the cost burdens of government and its micro management and regulation of the minutiae of our lives diminishes our freedoms more and more every day.

I remember posting on some message board back in 2002 about the subject of the Iraq war. I simply said that if the US attacks Iraq and finds WMDs, who cares? They're no threat to us. Besides, we can't afford to go to war anyway. Both Republicans and Democrats slammed me for it. Of course, the Democrats pretended that they hadn't supported the war after no WMDs were found, but that seems to be a common theme with the two major political parties these days.
And they both try to blame the other side for what they do.

We all know the GoP & Dems both wantd that stupid war, and both sides built this debt and spend like crazy people, yet both sides keep the game going that it isn't 'their fault.'

Yes it is.

Douchebags.

Most Democrats voted against the war, btw. Read a paper or something once in awhile.
Too bad the Dems controlled the senate in 2003, and could have stopped chimpola cold.

'Congress' wasn't the issue you phoney bastard and you know it, the dems laid down like Persian rugs and let those assclowns invade a country for no valid reason.

I love it when cons try to blame the Iraq war on the Democrats.

MOST DEMOCRATS VOTED AGAINST THE IRAQ WAR. PERIOD.

Ummmmm....you may want to check that statement....seems to me the Democrat controlled Senate voted FOR WAR in 2002 and are continuously supporting it TO THIS VERY DAY!

That's why they have a term called a 'half truth'. Democrats in Congress voted 147 to 110 AGAINST the Iraq authorization.

We have a bicameral legislature. You learn that in school.

That's the House...THE SENATE which was controlled by the Democrats voted in favor of war...regardless of the breakdown...it passed and here we are.

No, that's the Congress which is composed of a House of Representatives and a Senate.

Tell me, how did the Iraq war resolution even get out of the House of Representatives if MOST DEMOCRATS VOTED AGAINST IT???

I'd like to hear a conservative tell me how to balance the budget if they

a. won't cut military spending and in fact would prefer to increase military spending

b. want to cut taxes and thus reduce revenues even more

...with Medicare cuts now off the table according to Republicans, Social Security is for all practical purposes off the table according to everyone...

how do you do it?

I love it when cons try to blame the Iraq war on the Democrats.

MOST DEMOCRATS VOTED AGAINST THE IRAQ WAR. PERIOD.
Read it and weep douchebag, I said BOTH of you asshole parties did it, the ones who cock you suck as just as guilty as the simp that was in the whitehouse who pulled the trigger, and all your bullshit will NEVER let you escape it warmonger.

a. won't cut military spending and in fact would prefer to increase military spending

...with Medicare cuts now off the table according to Republicans, Social Security is for all practical purposes off the table according to everyone...

how do you do it?

I'd like to see a dimocrat with the will to reduce the size of government.

Nothing should be off the table when it comes to cutting government spending.

NOTHING

how do you do it?

NOTHING

I'd like to see a rebutlicken with the will to reduce the size of government

how do you do it?

NOTHING

so would I

but you can't seem to think out of the 2 party box can you?

FYI in case you can't grasp the concept from my posts which I'm sure you haven't read, I am no fan of either party and do not belong to a political party.

I, unlike you partisan sheep, think for myself and do not allow ideology, dogma and partisan bickering to define my political philosophies.

the fact is that both the repudlicans and dimocrats are destroying this country with out of control spending and expansion of government and its role in our daily lives.

Last edited:

NOTHING

so would I

but you can't seem to think out of the 2 party box can you?

FYI in case you can't grasp the concept from my posts which I'm sure you haven't read, I am no fan of either party and do not belong to a political party.

I, unlike you partisan sheep, think for myself and do not allow ideology, dogma and partisan bickering to define my political philosophies.

the fact is that both the repudlicans and dimocrats are destroying this country with out of control spending and expansion of government and its role in our daily lives.

I am registered to vote as a Republican.

There has not been any administration in my lifetime that spent less than its predecessor.
Does anyone have a link to historical government spending rates as a % of GDP? I'm looking in all the wrong places. In particular I'm thinking about the Clinton terms vs Bush1 since the budget got balanced. That doesn't mean he lowered the comparable size of government though.

IF it matters I'm not a member of either party. Mostly I vote for Democrats but do "break party lines" on a number of gun/military/death penalty issues.

what percentage of the annual U.S. budget pays for entitlement programs?
Darn right I like that factoid. I bounce around on the importance of it. Social Security is not a great investment for a healthy person who will work till they can't. Become disabled early though and "poof"! There you go. Its kind of an insurance policy against poor investments, random career pitfalls, and bad luck. Its worth it to me to keep old folks from living on the streets.

Does anyone have a link to historical government spending rates as a % of GDP? I'm looking in all the wrong places. In particular I'm thinking about the Clinton terms vs Bush1 since the budget got balanced. That doesn't mean he lowered the comparable size of government though.

IF it matters I'm not a member of either party. Mostly I vote for Democrats but do "break party lines" on a number of gun/military/death penalty issues.

what percentage of the annual U.S. budget pays for entitlement programs?
Darn right I like that factoid. I bounce around on the importance of it. Social Security is not a great investment for a healthy person who will work till they can't. Become disabled early though and "poof"! There you go. Its kind of an insurance policy against poor investments, random career pitfalls, and bad luck. Its worth it to me to keep old folks from living on the streets.

Since you didn't answer the question, I will...nearly 60 percent of the federal budget goes for entitlement programs in one form or another. Add to that the servicing of our debt at 10% and rising....why can't the Democrats get spending under control? Why do they want to plunge the country ANOTHER 10 trillion dollars in debt?! The Republicans spent a lot on the wars and the declining dollar didn't help anything...but Obama ran on a campaign of fiscal conservatism and so far he's lied through his teeth.

Forum List

Back