Wave of Debt Payments Facing US Government

Stop Whining,
People should be accepting blame, not crying.This is what happens when you elect a Republican! Remember that next election!

Ok, now we know you really are just plain stupid. You have absolutely no grasp on reality whatsoever. Posting in bold doesn't make your posts any more intelligent - in fact, it just makes you look insecure.

Grow the fuck up, drink less kool aid, and recognize that your Messiah is just as big a fuck up as Bush was. In fact, he may well be even worse than Bush and that is truly impressive.

the Debt Obama began with as president was 11.5 TRILLION. So, him adding .5 to it makes this all his fault from the wingers?

I think NOT....rewriting history to try to favor yourselves is unbecoming and laughable, to say the least.

the other thing that seems wrong is their figure of the debt costing us $200 billion now? Back in 2006 it was $400 billion to service out debt, how did it come back down to just $200 billion when we have overspent by a trillion since then, adding that to our debt????

Something seems amiss, in those figures....I say it is worse than what is being reported....unless there is some fuzzy math that I am unaware of that they are using.

We should also note that the current debt was created entirely by George Bush and company!
When you throw away 3Trillion dollars plus much more for medical part D and unpaid for tax cuts as with all tax cuts there is a bubble and crash that occurs soon after.

Stop Whining,
People should be accepting blame, not crying.This is what happens when you elect a Republican! Remember that next election!

Ok, now we know you really are just plain stupid. You have absolutely no grasp on reality whatsoever. Posting in bold doesn't make your posts any more intelligent - in fact, it just makes you look insecure.

Grow the fuck up, drink less kool aid, and recognize that your Messiah is just as big a fuck up as Bush was. In fact, he may well be even worse than Bush and that is truly impressive.

Now that's "Change you can believe in!!!!"

the Debt Obama began with as president was 11.5 TRILLION. So, him adding .5 to it makes this all his fault from the wingers?

I think NOT....rewriting history to try to favor yourselves is unbecoming and laughable, to say the least.

the other thing that seems wrong is their figure of the debt costing us $200 billion now? Back in 2006 it was $400 billion to service out debt, how did it come back down to just $200 billion when we have overspent by a trillion since then, adding that to our debt????

Something seems amiss, in those figures....I say it is worse than what is being reported....unless there is some fuzzy math that I am unaware of that they are using.

You got me, all I can figure is that they are going ahead and adding in projected future debt with current debt. Just like the did with Bush ;) When they were raisiing hell about his spending.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh......how about the interest rate on that said money DROPPING TO NEAR ZERO for starters.....

You got me, all I can figure is that they are going ahead and adding in projected future debt with current debt. Just like the did with Bush ;) When they were raisiing hell about his spending.

They pretty much got you earlier in the thread...when one discusses a topic it pays to enter it armed with a little knowledge....not just spout off random comments.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh......how about the interest rate on that said money DROPPING TO NEAR ZERO for starters.....

The interest rate was held very very low during the Bush II presidency.
And when was it dropped as low as it is now? During Bush or Obama?

You are wrong. Back it up with links and facts...how many times must we tell you.

in 2006 the interest rate was what?
in 2009 the Fed lowered it to what? .25%?.. .5%?

I'll give you a hint...right now the interst rate for short term treasuries is between 0 and .25%. The Fed's buy those short term bonds and securities as well. This is where the government gets it's money to release into circulation. It sells investor nations like China those same short term securities..and we pay them what? Depends on if it's short term or long term...right now nearly all of the borrowing is SHORT TERM so the rate is at about .3% for a 1 year note. In 2006 for that same 1 year note it was about 4%...See the difference? As your bonds mature and you cash them in, then buy the same 1 year bond at a lower interest rate the next year, the DEBT SERVICE PAYMENTS DROP.

Last edited:
"the Debt Obama began with as president was 11.5 TRILLION. So, him adding .5 to it makes this all his fault from the wingers?

Something seems amiss, in those figures....I say it is worse than what is being reported....unless there is some fuzzy math that I am unaware of that they are using."

I'd like to know what it was when Bush started compared to what it is now. He did his part to run it up. After all, he was a liberal. The problem is not Democrat vs. Republican, it's Liberalism vs. Conservatism. The ONLY thing that will save us now is Conservatism.

It's all smoke, mirrors and fuzzy math....just like ObamaCare...NO BENEFITS FOR AT LEAST 3 + YEARS but you begin paying for it, if it passes, immediately!!!!!! Then Obama takes that revenue and pays down the current $1.7 trillion budget deficit. But when ObamaCare goes into effect he will have to borrow TRILLIONS TO FINANCE IT because he used up all of the healthcare tax revenue collected from day fucking 1 to get himself re-elected and claiming to have reduced the deficit. If he's re-elected we're SCREWED with a 24 trillion dollar National Debt at 4% interest. Do the fricken math!!!!!!!

I just cannot believe the lack of knowledge with our fellow American's today...especially with THEIR OWN DAMN MONEY AND HOW IT'S BEING SPENT BY THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!

You are wrong. Back it up with links and facts...how many times must we tell you.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Federal_Funds_Rate_(effective).svg

Federal_Funds_Rate_%28effective%29.svg

You have a link to back those numbers up Care? I'd like to see how obama outspending all the past administrations all added together by TRILLIONS is something he inherited.

Sorry...wiki doesn't cut it pal....try this one

U.S. Treasury - Daily Treasury Yield Curve

Sorry...wiki doesn't cut it pal....try this one

U.S. Treasury - Daily Treasury Yield Curve

LMAO.

That one only shows the last 3 weeks.

Nice try.

Here is the history of the prime rate from the WSJ.

Prime Rate History

November 17, 1999 8.50
February 3, 2000 8.75
March 22, 2000 9.00
May 17, 2000 9.50
January 4, 2001 9.00
February 1, 2001 8.50
March 21, 2001 8.00
April 19, 2001 7.50
May 16, 2001 7.00
June 28, 2001 6.75
August 22, 2001 6.50
September 18, 2001 6.00
October 3, 2001 5.50
November 7, 2001 5.00
December 12, 2001 4.75
November 7, 2002 4.25
June 27, 2003 4.00
July 1, 2004 4.25
August 11, 2004 4.50
September 22, 2004 4.75
November 10, 2004 5.00
December 14, 2004 5.25
February 2, 2005 5.50
March 22, 2005 5.75
May 3, 2005 6.00
June 30, 2005 6.25
August 9, 2005 6.50
September 21, 2005 6.75
November 1, 2005 7.00
December 13, 2005 7.25
January 31, 2006 7.50
March 28, 2006 7.75
May 10, 2006 8.00
June 29, 2006 8.25
Date of Rate Change Rate (%)
September 18, 2007 7.75
October 31, 2007 7.50
December 11, 2007 7.25
January 22, 2008 6.50
January 30, 2008 6.00
March 18, 2008 5.25
April 30, 2008 5.00
October 8, 2008 4.50
October 29, 2008 4.00
December 16, 2008 3.25
(The Current U.S. Prime Rate)

November 4, 2009: The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) has voted
to keep the target range for the fed funds rate at 0% - 0.25%.
Therefore, the U.S. Prime Rate remains at 3.25%.
The next FOMC meeting and decision on short-term rates will be on December 15TH, 2009.

You might want to read that Wiki article it will educatue you on how the fed works. or at least is supposed to work.

Forum List

Back