Why are some so Anti GW?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by uscitizen, Nov 24, 2009.

1. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Many people are rabidly fixated on being anti Globull Warming.

I personally believe Globull Warming is happening.
    And I believe we are contributing to it.
    I do not believe in Cap and charade.
    Just Cap if we are going to do anything.

Can't you be against Cap and Charade and still believe Globull Warming exists?

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I don't think people are rabidly against global warming----they are rabidly against the hysteria generated by those who will profit from it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 7
  3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    There is no sound scientific evidence that points to any long term rising of temperatures. Further the amount that it has risen is well within norms for every century going back for several.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    In the long term we will all profit by being greener and more saving with our energy.

Are you against economic recovery for the same reason? Many will profit from it.

5. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    They have a low tolerance for Al Gore and junk science. And global warming is happening. Even Mars suffers from GW.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Ahh so it is the messenger and not the message that is hated?

I figured this to be a part of it.

7. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Just my personal opinion on the matter here, but I like to believe that most people have a love for the environment and don't care much for pollution. However, when it comes to Global Warming, many believe that it has become a marketing tool to enrich those in the so called "green business" rather than as real science to promote good environmental policy. Just look at one of it's biggest champions , the former VP, while he seems passionate on the subject, it doesnt help much that he also owns a carbon credit trading firm at the same time promoting the dangers of global warming, thats called creating a market. The science of Global Warming is also far from settled, and to even suggest that the science is settled is laughable, considering that even some of those on the IPCC were suggesting a Global Ice Age many years ago and there are many examples of hedging data, outright fabrication, and mythical conclusions that this settled science is supposed to rely on. The real sad thing in all this, is that if we wish to be good environmental stewards then perhaps the best way, is to actually apply common sense solutions to matters of energy, transportation, etc. rather than using a data set or marketing term based on junk science to enrich a few at the expense of everyone. If you want wind power, solar power, geo-thermal, nuclear, natural gas etc. then I submit we can do all those and still be good stewards of our environment without having to narrow our minds to this one religion of man made global warming that Dr. Mann's voodoo tree ring science has now placed on us all. If you think , I'm off base then just have a look one day at the companies that support climate change bills like cap and trade and use Global Warming as its mantra for doing so. These people have zero interest in the environment and their only interest is in profits through using a tool to create market, if people resist that tool then they will legislate it into existance.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    The message is suspect also. There is no sound scientific evidence that long term global warming is occurring. No one has the scientific wherewithal or understanding to make such a claim based on the short period that warming did occur.

Warming pretty much stopped in 1998. At least any significant warming. The warming that occurred was a short spike of about 1/3 of a degree in about 15 years.

The Earth functions in cycles. No one has a valid temperature record going back far enough to validate a claim that a long term warming period will occur.

Further with the supposed culprit being CO2 science shows that CO2 follows rising temperatures it does not precede it. And the last few years are evidence that CO2 is not the cause of the short term spike as CO2 continues to rise but temperatures do not.

What is real funny is the insistence all during the short spike that the Sun had nothing to do with it, while we had evidence that every planet we could check temperatures on was also seeing global warming occurring. Now that the warming has stopped and the sun is in decline NOW it IS the suns fault temperatures are not rising anymore. Claimed by the EXACT same people that INSISTED the Sun had nothing to do with it when it was warming.

9. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    No... not the messenger... but the fact that the messenger is twisting things around to cause hysteria and profit from it... not to mention adding more government power because of the hysteria

For the same opposition would be seen from me and many others if it were a prominent republican saying the same type of thing and supporting the same type of MANDATED actions

10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    From what I have gathered we are at a low solar output cycle. That iw why the CO2 is not impacting the temp as it should. Once the solar cycle flops to higher output then you will likely see the CO2's impact on warming. But of course it will be denied and all blamed on the solar cycle.

People have trouble accepting that our world is finite and destroyable by humans.