Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Suharto (Indonesia)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • La Contra (Nicaragua)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mujahadeen (Afghanistan)

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Except that Stalin was in power from 1941, of course.

Thr UK started the Cold War...who knew?!

if we hadn't been pulled into WW2, buy UK lies and propaganda, Stalin would not have had the strangle hold on power he had and thus no Cold War

So you would have just sat back and enjoyed Pearl Harbour with no response, would you?

Had the US not entered the war against Hitler, and Germany had won the war, there is every chance that you would have been drawn into a very hot war against the Third Reich.

no involvement in WW1 no WW2

it's that simple

I've gave this question great thought before I answered.

The US governments over the years.

Israel is expensive and manipulative, and does occasionally indulge in some fairly nasty behaviour, but at the same it is hardly a fascist dictatorship a la Pinochet, Doe or Mobutu.

Expensive? The amount we give them Directly and Spend indirectly on them, Amounts to about the same as we spend every couple days on our own Government. 2 or 3 days tops lol.

The difference being that the US is your own government. Israel is not.

At a time when the US needs to reduce spending, personally I'd be looking to cut some trillions off the amount lavished on Israel, and I say that as a firm supporter of Israel. Israel is not a poor country, and should be able to manage on its own.

US foreign aid to Israel is now and has been about $3 BILLION a year since 1985. It would be hard to cut TRILLIONS off of $3 billion. Since the US spends about $4 billion a day, $3 billion a year is chump change for an ally that is surrounded by crazies that want them to cease to exist.

Stalin (The Soviet Union)

This came up earlier, but I don't think we can really call the US and USSR "allies" in the traditional sense.

The US only helped Stalin in order to defeat Stalin, but clearly did so through clenched teeth. Roosevelt talked often and openly about how much he loathed communism, and I believe him.

On the other hand, we've seen Reagan, Carter and Nixon all praise complete fascist dictators, host them at the White House, and talk about them as best buddies.

You know Nixon once praised Mobutu Sese for balancing the budget?

How many times did Bill Clinton welcome Yassar Arafat into the White House while ignoring Bibi Netanahu?

US foreign aid to Israel is now and has been about $3 BILLION a year since 1985. It would be hard to cut TRILLIONS off of $3 billion. Since the US spends about $4 billion a day, $3 billion a year is chump change for an ally that is surrounded by crazies that want them to cease to exist.

Cutting a billion dollars a year off aid to Israel is a fairly significant saving, especially if that money was used to pay down debt.

I don't know how any country can fit the definition of "ally" any more closely than the Soviet Union during WW II did.

By having the diplomatic support of the White House, which Stalin never had.

I'm not aware of any US president ever having praised or supported Stalin.

Of course one can argue that the US should never have armed the Soviets, although personally I think it was the right thing to do. The enemy of my enemy, and so forth. As odious as Stalin was, Hitler was ultimately the greater thread.

Do you use the term "The enemy of my enemy" when referring to US support of Saddam Hussein when he was engaged in a war with Iran? No insult intended, just asking.

Our alliance and support for FIDEL CASTRO didn't exactly work our well.

We've supported so many authoritarian monsters it truly is hard to choose.

Cutting a billion dollars a year off aid to Israel is a fairly significant saving, especially if that money was used to pay down debt.

I completely agree, but (you knew there would be a but) Obama would not pay down the debt or reduce the deficit. He would piss it away on another green energy company that one of his campaign contributors owns.

there never would have been a Cold War and maybe, WW2 would never have occured, thus no Stalin

if we hadn't been pulled into WW2, buy UK lies and propaganda, Stalin would not have had the strangle hold on power he had and thus no Cold War

It would have been hard for FDR to ignore the FACT that Nazi Germany formally declared war on the United States.

The "American" left is the worst, the combined total of everyone on that list is a far far far second. They never have anything good to say about the USA and only say how we are so far behind other nations in imaginary things that matter

Frank -

You must realise yourself that the idea that Democrats are any less patriotic, less loyal or in any way less American than you are says a lot more about you than it does about them.

It would have been hard for FDR to ignore the FACT that Nazi Germany formally declared war on the United States.

Roosevelt engineered the Japanese into attacking us. Anyone who thinks he had nothing to do with it is terminally naive.

Frank -

You must realise yourself that the idea that Democrats are any less patriotic, less loyal or in any way less American than you are says a lot more about you than it does about them.

It says he has a firm grasp of the facts. Take FDR, for instance. His administration was riddled with communist spies. He was fully aware of the fact. In fact, his right hand man, Harry Hopkins, was in the employ of the Kremlin.

How do you call that "patriotic" or "loyal?"

Forum List

Back