Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Suharto (Indonesia)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • La Contra (Nicaragua)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mujahadeen (Afghanistan)

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
The US has had some staggeringly evil alies over the years. Which do you think is worst?

Are there any of these alliances which are justifiable, either then or now?

I'd say not myself - all reflected badly on the US, and did nothing to instill democratic values abroad.

It's also interesting to note how many of these governments were favoured by Reagan - a man who seems to have been more than happy to be friends with any tinpot dictator.

The USSR does not even make the list?

lol

No, only countries that commies hate make the list.

Charles -

I did consider it, but the USSR was never really an American ally, was it?

Yes it was, turd, during WW II. As a matter of fact, Roosevelt was quite fond of Stalin. That's why he called him "Uncle Joe."

The US backed the USSR war effort only for a short time, and for a very specific purpose, but even then it was clear there was no love lost in that relationship.

Wrongo. FDR loved uncle Joe, and the Soviet Union was our ally.

Reagan actually praised people like Mobutu Sese for being a great friend to the US - at the same time Mobutu was raping the country and stealing everything in sight. We didn't see Roosevelt praising Stalin too often.

You don't know jack squat about history, do you?

Killing in the Name of Democracy by James Bovard

Franklin Roosevelt painted World War II as a crusade for democracy — hailing Joseph Stalin as a partner in liberation. Roosevelt praised Stalin as “truly representative of the heart and soul of Russia” — as if the lack of bona fide elections in Russia was a mere technicality, since Stalin was the nation's favorite. Roosevelt praised Soviet Russia as one of the “freedom-loving Nations” and stressed that Stalin was “thoroughly conversant with the provisions of our Constitution.” Harold Ickes, one of Roosevelt's top aides, proclaimed that communism was “the antithesis of Nazism” because it was based on “belief in the control of the government, including the economic system, by the people themselves.”

Sadam Hussein?

He was never our ally, you lying asshole.

Can you explain why he wasn't, but Stalin was?

Jesus wept....

When did the U.S. provide military aid to Saddam Hussein?

The U.S. provided massive amounts of aid to Stalin and coordinated its military strategy with him. I don't know how any country can fit the definition of "ally" any more closely than the Soviet Union during WW II did.

No, only countries that commies hate make the list.

Perhaps you should have looked at the list....?

If you were a little bir brighter, you might have noticed that some of those countries were ones praised by people like Jimmy Carter.

Really Which one did Carter praise?

The Shah of Iran, in Tehran and on TV in 1978 while they both guzzled champagne.

It was considered a turning point in Iran, and a slap in the face to the Muslim population. Not to mention a sell out of Carter's human rights credentials.

I don't know how any country can fit the definition of "ally" any more closely than the Soviet Union during WW II did.

By having the diplomatic support of the White House, which Stalin never had.

I'm not aware of any US president ever having praised or supported Stalin.

Of course one can argue that the US should never have armed the Soviets, although personally I think it was the right thing to do. The enemy of my enemy, and so forth. As odious as Stalin was, Hitler was ultimately the greater thread.

Perhaps you should have looked at the list....?

If you were a little bir brighter, you might have noticed that some of those countries were ones praised by people like Jimmy Carter.

Really Which one did Carter praise?

The Shah of Iran, in Tehran and on TV in 1978 while they both guzzled champagne.

It was considered a turning point in Iran, and a slap in the face to the Muslim population. Not to mention a sell out of Carter's human rights credentials.

Carter is the one who sold out the Shah. Apparently his praise was insincere.

I don't know how any country can fit the definition of "ally" any more closely than the Soviet Union during WW II did.

By having the diplomatic support of the White House, which Stalin never had.

OF course he did. When did the Roosevelt Administration ever do a single thing to undermine the Soviet Union?

I'm not aware of any US president ever having praised or supported Stalin.

I already quoted two of them for you, and one of them was FDR.

Of course one can argue that the US should never have armed the Soviets, although personally I think it was the right thing to do. The enemy of my enemy, and so forth. As odious as Stalin was, Hitler was ultimately the greater thread.

I disagree. Stalin was the greater threat, as subsequent events proved.

The US has had some staggeringly evil alies over the years. Which do you think is worst?

I'd say not myself - all reflected badly on the US, and did nothing to instill democratic values abroad.

It's also interesting to note how many of these governments were favoured by Reagan - a man who seems to have been more than happy to be friends with any tinpot dictator.

The UK is our worst ally ever.

They dragged us out of our historic neutrality to die in the fields of Europe so they could beat the Germans in WW1 and 2.

We haven't been the same country since and I consider it the source of this liberal globalization that's been creeping our nation.

I think Washington's worst ally was Benedict Arnold
images

or the Senate of the time

They dragged us out of our historic neutrality to die in the fields of Europe so they could beat the Germans in WW1 and 2.

We haven't been the same country since and I consider it the source of this liberal globalization that's been creeping our nation.

I have to agree with that*assessment.

I have to agree with that*assessment.
thanks

w/o those fuckers lying to us, there never would have been a Cold War and maybe, WW2 would never have occured, thus no Stalin

Wonderful stuff..that did make me snort coffee out my nose with laughter, I must admit.

Of course, it was very naughty of Britain to draw the US out of 'historical neutrality' into wars like Viet Nam.

Last edited:
there never would have been a Cold War and maybe, WW2 would never have occured, thus no Stalin

Except that Stalin was in power from 1941, of course.

Thr UK started the Cold War...who knew?!

if we hadn't been pulled into WW2, buy UK lies and propaganda, Stalin would not have had the strangle hold on power he had and thus no Cold War

there never would have been a Cold War and maybe, WW2 would never have occured, thus no Stalin

Except that Stalin was in power from 1941, of course.

Thr UK started the Cold War...who knew?!

if we hadn't been pulled into WW2, buy UK lies and propaganda, Stalin would not have had the strangle hold on power he had and thus no Cold War

So you would have just sat back and enjoyed Pearl Harbour with no response, would you?

Had the US not entered the war against Hitler, and Germany had won the war, there is every chance that you would have been drawn into a very hot war against the Third Reich.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back