was Rock Hudson a fraud?

was Rock a fraud?

• yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Hudson always bored me to death. He seemed to have only one acting emotion. Sleepy. As for his pride and joy, "Giant", I thought he stunk.

......Rock did tons of romantic movies .....of course he would not have gotten those parts if everyone knew he was a fruitcake homo
Rock was an actor and even straight males have to act when coming onto or making love to a woman on stage or screen..
On screen love making is typically about as unromantic as it gets.
Especially if you can’t use your tongue.
If you could see what contracts look like in regard to love scene you would probably find them really funny. For example:
Butt doubles to be used in all scene where the entire buttocks are shown.
Face an hand to be washed before any scene.
Left breast to be shown only if a lifter is used.
Each kiss is to be preceded by an antiseptic mouth spray
Penis to be confined so no erections can be felt
Sexual organs are not to come in contact with any part of the other actor's body.
All sexual sounds to be dubbed.
Sexual intercourse to be simulated.

The result is often a 2 min love making scene will last several hours as the scene is constantly interrupted for re-positioning actors, bringing in butt and breast doubles, and simulations of sexual intercourse. Close up scenes of a single actor's face or other body parts are often shot in a private settings. The bottom line is there is nothing sexy about the filming of most love making scenes and the way they are made, the actors have no idea what the scene is going to look like until after editing.

......Rock did tons of romantic movies .....of course he would not have gotten those parts if everyone knew he was a fruitcake homo

He was an actor. It was his job to pretend to be other fictional people, different than who he was.

Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve played a pair of faggots in Deathtrap. In real life, I'm sure both of them were straight. Does this make them frauds?

Are you upset that Mark Hammel [sic] wasn't really a Jedi and Harrison Ford can't really fly a spaceship?

Harrison Ford is a licensed pilot. He can fly fixed-wing aircraft as well as helicopters.

If, somehow, the opportunity arose for him to try operating spacecraft, he'd surely have a better chance of successfully doing so than most people.

Last edited:
I think that Rock Hudson was an entertainer who affected My life, not one whit.

He was an actor. It was his job to pretend to be other fictional people, different than who he was.

Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve played a pair of faggots in Deathtrap. In real life, I'm sure both of them were straight. Does this make them frauds?
If actors, Rock Hudson or whoever played themselves no would bother seeing the movie. Even the lives of movie starts are very interesting.

Are you upset that Mark Hammel [sic] wasn't really a Jedi and Harrison Ford can't really fly a spaceship?

Harrison Ford is a licensed pilot. He can fly fixed-wing aircraft as well as helicopters.

If, somehow, the opportunity arose for him to try operating spacecraft, he'd surely have a better chance of successfully doing so than most people.

Well, I believe Ford learned to fly after he made at least the original three Star Wars. Anyway, there is very little similarity to flying a fictional spacecraft as an airplane or rotorcraft on Earth. Also, he's had two mishaps. One in a fixed wing, and one in a helicopter. I'm not saying it was his fault or that he's a poor pilot.

Good enough to be a leading man called Rock Hudson.
Elvis did a lot of movies also--but he was not that great
Chuck Norris did a lot of manly movies--but he definitely sucks as an actor
how many movies you make doesn't mean you're a great actor
Arnie the Sperminator made a lot of movies and he sucks
So, your point is that those actors are all frauds?
....they didn't LIE about there sexual preference ----how how hard is that to understand??!!!???
How do you know?
Did anyone ask Hudson whether he prefers women or the other kind?

You seem upset about it.
From all accounts, women loved him, even thou they knew he was gay. His wife, Phyllis Gates said she loved him when she married him and continued to love him after their divorce. ..........................................................

Phyllis claimed later in life that she never knew he was gay! how ridiculous is that?? In Hollyweird everybody knew he was gay! Was she living under a mushroom???

hvDtwPg.jpg

Can't find my giant eyeroll gif.

Elvis did a lot of movies also--but he was not that great
Chuck Norris did a lot of manly movies--but he definitely sucks as an actor
how many movies you make doesn't mean you're a great actor
Arnie the Sperminator made a lot of movies and he sucks
....they didn't LIE about there sexual preference ----how how hard is that to understand??!!!???
How do you know?

You seem upset about it.
From all accounts, women loved him, even thou they knew he was gay. His wife, Phyllis Gates said she loved him when she married him and continued to love him after their divorce. ..........................................................

Phyllis claimed later in life that she never knew he was gay! how ridiculous is that?? In Hollyweird everybody knew he was gay! Was she living under a mushroom???

hvDtwPg.jpg
Things were quite different in 1955. I was in high school then, I couldn't say I knew anyone who was gay. People suspected it and their were rumors. Openly accusing a celebrity of being homosexual in those days might well get you sued for slander or libel. People knew so little about homosexuals, getting married quelched all rumors which of course is what Rock Hudson did as well as many other gays. Rock Hudson's public image remained untarnished, but his private life was somewhat torturous. He had a number of homosexual lovers, but continued to keep his sexuality a secret. It wasn't until he announced he had aids did he admit to being gay.

Rumors of homosexuality were very common in the 40's, 50's and 60's in Hollywood. Just to mention a few, there was Cary Grant, Randolph Scott, Katheryn Hepburn, Greta Garbo, Marlin Brando, Grace Kelly, Charlie Chaplin, Warren Beatty, Jack Nicholson, Clark Gable, Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, Errol Flynn, Steve McQueen, and John Wayne. However, a marriage or a steady girl friend was enough to kill rumors.

Most people in 50's and 60's had no clear image of homosexuals. In general they were thought to be very effeminate and very weak men who dressed up like women and spent most of their time hiding in men's restrooms. I can remember my grandmother watching Liberace on TV saying what a wonderful boy he is, so respectful of his mother. As long as homosexuals kept it hidden, most people were willing to ignore the awful truth.

Last edited:
How do you know?

You seem upset about it.

hvDtwPg.jpg
I can remember my grandmother watching Liberace on TV saying what a wonderful boy he is, so respectful of his mother. As long as homosexuals kept it hidden, most people were willing to ignore the awful truth.

Liberace was Gay? I didn't see that one coming.

How do you know?

You seem upset about it.

hvDtwPg.jpg
I can remember my grandmother watching Liberace on TV saying what a wonderful boy he is, so respectful of his mother. As long as homosexuals kept it hidden, most people were willing to ignore the awful truth.

You illustrate my point. Back in the 50's and 60's, many people claimed his effeminate behavior was an act.

Rumors and suspicions surrounded many celebrities. Managers and press agents would plant stories in the media about girl friends, breakups, and marriages all to counteract stories of homosexual affairs. Hollywood stars were slow to come out and announce their sexuality for fear of losing their box office appeal. As long as they didn't actually say they were gay, they were safe. The public was perfectly happy maintaining the illusion. After all, wasn't that what Hollywood was all about, illusions.

How do you know?

You seem upset about it.

hvDtwPg.jpg

he is another fraud
denied he was gay/sued/etc
The Daily Mirror tabloid, which lost a libel case 20 years ago for suggesting Liberace was a homosexual, said today it wants its money back.
How About Refund? Tabloid Says of Liberace Libel Award
Liberace, the Daily Mirror and a libel trial fiasco...

He was an actor.

Are you upset that Mark Hammel wasn't really a Jedi and Harrison Ford can't really fly a spaceship?

Homophobia makes you look stupid.
Harrison Ford is a pilot. He could probably fly a spaceship :)

He was an actor.

Are you upset that Mark Hammel wasn't really a Jedi and Harrison Ford can't really fly a spaceship?

Homophobia makes you look stupid.
Harrison Ford is a pilot. He could probably fly a spaceship :)

Sorry, but flying in space, and flying in atmosphere require different styles of flying.

Forum List

Back